Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Jessamine 51 - Hazard 40 (1st Round Sweet 16)
Final.
Wow, What happen to Hazard the 2nd half.

WJ outscored them by 17 the 2nd half.
Hazard only scored 10 points the 2nd half.
WJ ended the game on a 24-1 run.
Hazard only scored 1 point from 5mins to go in the 3rd to the end of the game.
Miss tons of FTs.

Just dont know what happen to the Dawgs. Congrats WJ!
Hazard had this game going for them, this sucks. Hazard had a great year, how many seniors do they lose this year.

Congrats to Hazard on a great year and congrats to West Jassamine on advancing
NYY10 Wrote:Hazard had this game going for them, this sucks. Hazard had a great year, how many seniors do they lose this year.

Congrats to Hazard on a great year and congrats to West Jassamine on advancing

They have 3 seniors Jones,Warren, and Kidd.Congrats the these 3 guys.They had great careers.Jones and Kidd going to Rupp 3 of their 4 years in high school and Warren going both years at Hazard High School.
Wow.... that is really dissapointing.
I hate this for Hazard and their kids. I agree Hazard definately had this game going for them. Any individual stats on the game?
I kept up with the updates while I was in class and thought that Hazard was in control, but kudos to West Jessamine for their effort in the 2nd half.

Congrats WJ! Great season Hazard!
Was hoping to see Hazard win. Good season though.
Bad lump in the throat in this one, but they did get there and have a good year...
pureathlete Wrote:I hate this for Hazard and their kids. I agree Hazard definately had this game going for them. Any individual stats on the game?

Here's the link to the stats.
http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/boys/swe...01ncaa.htm
Hazard just went ice cold. They could not hit anything in the 2nd half. They built an 11 point lead early in the 3rd and the lights went out for them. Congrats to WJ on the win. Congrats to Hazard on a great season.
Got the pick.

Congrats WJ!
& great season Hazard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Congrats West Jessamine on a great win, and tough break for Hazard.
It was like Hazard had walked into a freezer. They went ice cold. They really gave this game away. The team that played better won but the best team lost.
Congrats WJ. Congrats to Haz for a great year!
i hate this for hazard because i like to see all of the mountain teams do good. i wish they could have pulled it out. but congrats on a great year.
Congrats WJ
Congrats to WJ and congrats to Hazard on a great season!
West Jessamine 51 Hazard 40

Hazard 13 17 9 1 40

West Jessamine 13 11 12 15 51

Sweet 16 at Rupp Arena
First round
Hazard (26-9) -- Back 5, Martin 5, Whitaker 18, Jones 6, Warren 4, B.Combs 2.
West Jessamine (27-8) -- Mefford 9, Bartholomew 2, Polson 14, Rehner 10, Ziemann 8, Elliott 6, Pohl 2.
http://www.Kentucky.com

West Jessamine overtakes Hazard 51-40
By Mike Fields - [email]mfields@herald-leader.com[/email] West Jessamine's Randy Troyer could have been overlooked in the box score after the Colts knocked off Hazard 51-40 in the opening game of the 92nd National City Sweet Sixteen in Rupp Arena on Wednesday afternoon.

Troyer didn't score, didn't even attempt a field goal or a free throw. He had one rebound and one assist in 15 minutes of action.

But to his coach and teammates, the 5-foot-10 senior reserve was the MVP of West Jessamine's come-from-behind upset because of his second-half defense on Hazard point guard Josh Whitaker.
http://www.kentucky.com/813/story/730572.html
Was whitaker a senior or a junior?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Was whitaker a senior or a junior?

Josh Whitaker is a Junior.
Hazard was in total control until half way through the 3rd and the went ice cold and gave it away. But give credit to WJ as they never quit when they were down. WJ chipped away until they got close and it looked like they went into a different gear to win the game.
Congrats WJ
I missed this one.

Congrats WJ and good luck!
What the **** happened? I have a theory but I think I'll keep it to myself. Confusedhh:
Congrats to WJ, Hold you heads up Dawgs !!! WE STILL LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!
I was pretty confident Hazard or anyone who won the 14th really had a cake walk to the final 4.
Really disappointed.
Aslan Wrote:I was pretty confident Hazard or anyone who won the 14th really had a cake walk to the final 4.
Really disappointed.

Hate to say it, but I had been thinking the same thing. I figured Hazard would waltz into the Saturday morning semifinals. Sounds like someone put a lid on their goal midway through the third period.

Congrats to West on the win, and congrats to Hazard on a good season!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hazard played a good first half. IMO looking at the stats on this game , Hazard a bigger, more physical team inside got out rebounded by WJ 34 to Hazard's 20. Jones had 0 rebounds for the game and Warren had 7. Besides going cold from shooting in the second half, this stats on rebounding stands out in deciding the outcome of this game.
.[url=mhtml:{B5F4A73D-D1B2-43B3-903F-12D405ED7A16}mid://00000086/!x-usc:http://www.wsgs.com/nw3_11_8.wax][/url]