Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR - Cats will open the NIT with Davidson on Tuesday
in Memorial Coliseum on ESPN...

WOW...This should be good:igiveup:

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=15532
Basketballer Wrote:in Memorial Coliseum on ESPN...

WOW...This should be good:igiveup:

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=15532

Rumor...NIT doesn't pick until after NCAA...
Just posting what I read, Who knows it could be true
NIT begins next week doesn't it? That's why it is at memorial because of the sweet 16
Hope we can at least do good in the NIT.
This year has been a year of disappointments! I cant beleive that, as a UK fan, I am okay with the NIT. What has happened to UK basketball?
Like someone else had said, the NIT field is selected after the NCAA field is completed. Also, if it WAS on Tuesday...then I'd look for the game to be in Rupp since the Sweet 16 doesn't start until Wednesday at noon.
If this is true and UK is in the NIT, then dont expect them to do very well in it either. Gillispie will screw it up like he has every other game this year.
IRISH4 Wrote:Like someone else had said, the NIT field is selected after the NCAA field is completed. Also, if it WAS on Tuesday...then I'd look for the game to be in Rupp since the Sweet 16 doesn't start until Wednesday at noon.

If it's true, the Cats would still not have Rupp on Tuesday. Rupp is scheduled from 8:00 am until 10:00 pm for HS Sweet 16 teams to practice. They won't move the HS kids, it's already paid for.
If this game does happen, two of the nations top scorers will be going head to head. Alot of fireworks possibly.
C.Clair Wrote:If this game does happen, two of the nations top scorers will be going head to head. Alot of fireworks possibly.

It should be good for television
Stardust Wrote:It should be good for television

Who is covering it, local access?
Meeks vs Curry. I think Meeks would shut him down.
I like the Cat's by 7.
jetpilot Wrote:Who is covering it, local access?

Doesnt ESPN networks always cover the NIT?
jetpilot Wrote:Who is covering it, local access?

The ESPN family of networks has the broadcast rights to the tournament. If this rumor of this matchup is true, I would be shocked if it wasnt on ESPN or ESPN2.
NIT Tounament of LOSERS!:zzz:
Go Davidson.
how about lets see who we play first and where it may be. even though i'd like to watch both kids on the floor. both would probably suck it up with our luck as of late.
Stardust Wrote:If it's true, the Cats would still not have Rupp on Tuesday. Rupp is scheduled from 8:00 am until 10:00 pm for HS Sweet 16 teams to practice. They won't move the HS kids, it's already paid for.

I was unaware of practice sessions given to the h.s. teams....has there always been a shoot around for each team before the tournament?
If so this happes CURRY will dominate and davidson would win the game by about 15
As much as I hate to say it with the D that Kentucky plays and no thats not Gillespes fault they will get ate alive by Curry and his peremiter shooting. We are one of the worst teams in the league at defending the 3. Wouldnt matter is Billy G played a 3-2 zone to take away the peremiter shooting of Curry considering the big red D has no inside game it wouldnt matter. Kentucky gets way out of position, the rely way to much on week side help and do not recover well on kick outs or swing passes. It would be along night. However, you would see Patterson have a big game and IMO they NEED TO START MILLER. He showed in the SEC Tourny that he has came into his own. Add him into more time in the 1st half of the LSU game I think Kentucky wins. His three quick fouls killed us.
You really are blind arent you. The reason they miss their assignments is because of the defense gillispie runs. **** some people need to open their eyes.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:You really are blind arent you. The reason they miss their assignments is because of the defense gillispie runs. **** some people need to open their eyes.

its a freaking man to man its not that hard to play...**** if a high school team can run it to prafection I am pretty sure D-1 signess can...Its the players fault for not talking on screens, its players faults for forgetting who they are guarding...its players faults for not paying attention to the scouting reports and not knowing who is the shooters and who isnt. You place blame on the person who is easiest to place blame upon. I agree that the D should be mixed up and that Kentucky press at times. However, you are aparently the one who is blind, set on his ways and only place blame on the coach. ITS JUST AS MUCH THE PLAYERS FAULTS EVERY ONE BELIEVE IT OR NOT...When you are watching a game or are at a game how often do you see a player from UK talking and telling a teammate there is a backdoor cut coming or to switch an on/off ball screen...NEVER that is why other teams get good perimeter looks and beat Kentcuky backdoor alot. Its simple basketball 101 believe it or not, its the players fault for not recognizing it and the coaches for not pointing it out. However, BCG may be pointing it out and that may be why is subing in all out of wack, b/c players dont listen. You all think you have all the answers when in fact you have no idea what is Truly going on you just know what you see...Get over it you have no idea what the truth is it is ALL OPINION NOT FACT!!!!!!!!!!:argue:
There are times when we simply don't match up to play man to man (ex. S. Carolina) regardless if they are on a D1 team or not... The coach needs to quit being stubborn and switch it up and play some zone..( Tenn. switched to a zone against Downey and held him to 1 point in the second half of their game) If BCG had switched it up a few times this year, we would be in our 18th straight trip to the NCAA tourney instead of starting over at 1....
TATE_64 Wrote:There are times when we simply don't match up to play man to man (ex. S. Carolina) regardless if they are on a D1 team or not... The coach needs to quit being stubborn and switch it up and play some zone..( Tenn. switched to a zone against Downey and held him to 1 point in the second half of their game) If BCG had switched it up a few times this year, we would be in our 18th straight trip to the NCAA tourney instead of starting over at 1....

I agree that he needs to switch up the D to a zone every not and then but still I do not think that would have won very many more ball games for Kentucky. Its still the same concept I was talking about maybe in another thread. Kentucky did not do a good job this season of recovering on kick outs, swing passes or skip passes. They at times looked laxadesical(sp) which would have been the same IMO in a zone. Its all opinion however, fact is they struggled this season and cant get much worse then they were. Its yet again just as much the players fault as it is the coach. Believe it or not the coach does not play the game. He can only give the tools to win the game. Shooting the way Kentucky did this season and turning the ball over as much they did how can you blame the coach for that. THAT is why they lost most of their games not the defense.
I'd say UK will win by 4.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:its a freaking man to man its not that hard to play...**** if a high school team can run it to prafection I am pretty sure D-1 signess can...Its the players fault for not talking on screens, its players faults for forgetting who they are guarding...its players faults for not paying attention to the scouting reports and not knowing who is the shooters and who isnt. You place blame on the person who is easiest to place blame upon. I agree that the D should be mixed up and that Kentucky press at times. However, you are aparently the one who is blind, set on his ways and only place blame on the coach. ITS JUST AS MUCH THE PLAYERS FAULTS EVERY ONE BELIEVE IT OR NOT...When you are watching a game or are at a game how often do you see a player from UK talking and telling a teammate there is a backdoor cut coming or to switch an on/off ball screen...NEVER that is why other teams get good perimeter looks and beat Kentcuky backdoor alot. Its simple basketball 101 believe it or not, its the players fault for not recognizing it and the coaches for not pointing it out. However, BCG may be pointing it out and that may be why is subing in all out of wack, b/c players dont listen. You all think you have all the answers when in fact you have no idea what is Truly going on you just know what you see...Get over it you have no idea what the truth is it is ALL OPINION NOT FACT!!!!!!!!!!:argue:

:Thumbs:
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:You really are blind arent you. The reason they miss their assignments is because of the defense gillispie runs. **** some people need to open their eyes.

Please explain?
Its a sad day to be a Wildcat fan by having to play in the NIT ( Not In Tournament). It really doesn't matter who UK plays they won't win because of Gillispie[. His offense sucks and his defense sucks and it appears that he isn't going to change. I thought I would never see the day the Cats playing in the NIT but again it won't matter who they play they will lose.:igiveup: