Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handicapped Entrance
So, I go over to a school in Cincinnati, and it's an old Catholic school, so it's not too handicapped accessible, but I was surprised to get to the front door and see that there were the little automatic buttons with the handicapped sign on them...........

the front door is at the top of six stairs, and the handicapped buttons are five stairs up........
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
lol.. Funny, yet sad all at the same time.
Brittany0121 Wrote:lol.. Funny, yet sad all at the same time.

lol.......... I thought it was hilarious and just wondered who was stupid enough to design it and then what builder was stupid enough to build it that way.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
That's crazy.
thats pretty ironic. i think that button was installed for all the people who are too lazy to open a door for themselves.
fanatic11 Wrote:thats pretty ironic. i think that button was installed for all the people who are too lazy to open a door for themselves.

I can see this. I worked at Kohl's when they first opened and you'd be surprised at the number of people who weren't handicapped that used that button out of laziness.

There are 4 doors that you can walk in, but I'd say 25% of the people who came in would stop, press the button, wait for the door to open, then walk in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
First of all, that's just crazy and second, people that aren't handicap that use those buttons would rather stand there and wait for them to open after about 15 seconds to be fully open from the time they touch the button versus pulling/pushing open a door in 1.
If you have crutches then the button would help.