Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst High School Gyms
We did a thread on best gyms in the state.....I would like to know what people think about the worst High School gyms in the state?
Cordia, hands down!!!
When JBS uses ALC.
Aslan Wrote:When JBS uses ALC.

Have you been to Cordia?
coolfan Wrote:Have you been to Cordia?

Yes, its bad too.
Cordia is getting renevated this summer. Should be a really nice place for next year.
Montgumery County High.
NCC- Newport Central Catholic
Cordia and Riverside.
Cordia!!
Its up there with Feds Creeks old gym
Riverside - very dim lighting.
Piarist... enough said!
Old Eolia High gym. Haven't seen it but I've heard stories. The foul line was against the wall, and the chairs on the bench were actually on the court!
coolfan Wrote:Cordia, hands down!!!

It was the first one I thought of, and Riverside!!
Riverside hands down.
Brossart

Whats so bad about it? They redo the floor and keep it clean, they just got new scoreboards about 2 years ago.Sure the building is old but the only two bad things I can think of not many seats and the bathrooms are downstairs. Cordia isnt one of the bigest and nicest gyms in the state but I like what they got over in Lotts Creek. (Before someone says it, I know the parking is bad but it says best gym not best campus)
MVP2 Wrote:Whats so bad about it? They redo the floor and keep it clean, they just got new scoreboards about 2 years ago.Sure the building is old but the only two bad things I can think of not many seats and the bathrooms are downstairs. Cordia isnt one of the bigest and nicest gyms in the state but I like what they got over in Lotts Creek. (Before someone says it, I know the parking is bad but it says best gym not best campus)

It probably isn't the worst, but it was the first that came to my mind!! Of course, I haven't been there in many years so thats what I remember!! I am sure it has changed for the better, I guess someone who has been there recently would know better than me!! :Thumbs:

Cordia has a clean, bright, fairly spacious gym - well-kept for an older gym. Maintains the character of gyms from "back-in-the-day".

Has a more intimate feel where you feel closer to the action and the rest of the fans - something bigger gyms lack, especially when they're partially full.
Cordia's gym is probably my 3rd favorite gym in the 14th region
I really didn't like powells gym.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
St. Pat in maysville
Cordia!
Cordia is the Vandy gym of the 14th Region. You have to propel down to the gym, be a great place for a sky lift!
Stardust Wrote:Brossart

That's the gym I had in mind
Cordia is getting redone this summer. Should be very nice next year. Also, what bad about the gym. Other then the seat amount, I can't think of any.
Paintsville high schools gym really sucks when they hold the districts tourney there. no where to set and it is always 100 degrees in there:devilflam
Riverside.
Spartan4Life Wrote:I really didn't like powells gym.

especially if its hosting a region
Cordia or Owsley, That i've been too.