Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliott County 88 - Russell 61 - 16th region
Final
Congrats Lions and good luck! Any stats from this one?
Congrats Elliott. Good luck the rest of the way. The state tournament wouldn't be the same w/o them there.
Congrats Lions
chris knipp led elliott with 25 points
timmy knipp twists ankle
Congrats Elliott Co., good luck!
Much like the 10th Region tournament last year, we are going through the motions this year in the 16th.

If Elliott wins a game by less than 20 would be a minor miracle. They are the class of the Region right now.
Congrats EC
I am surprised that Russell scored 61pts. Congratulations to the Lions.
Elliot Co. 88 Russell 61

Russell 16 13 15 17 61

Elliott Co. 31 22 20 15 88

16th Region at Morehead St.
Russell (5-24) -- Taylor 7, Skaggs 9, Alexander 12, McKenzie 2, Davidson 4, Boyd 9, Leech 2, Stapleton 8, Whittaker 7, May 1.
Elliott Co. (28-2) -- Et. Faulkner 6, Ev. Faulkner 10,C. Knipp 25, Ferguson 24, T. Knipp 11, Morgan 7, Griffith 2, Flannery 3.
http://www.kentucky.com/
Good game for russell even with the lose, the team has improved more than any other in the area this year by far! Should be a lot stronger next year, that Joey Brynt kid has been good for the team on the sidelines.
homeless_camel Wrote:Much like the 10th Region tournament last year, we are going through the motions this year in the 16th.

If Elliott wins a game by less than 20 would be a minor miracle. They are the class of the Region right now.
They should just give them the regional trophy then. Why even bother with the games being played. EC can use the free time for practice. Not have to worry about being on he road to and from games or anything.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:They should just give them the regional trophy then. Why even bother with the games being played. EC can use the free time for practice. Not have to worry about being on he road to and from games or anything.

You could say the same thing to some of your own fans. Elliott is heavily favored to win the 16th just like Valley is in the 15th, but things do happen, either team could get upset and not even make it to Rupp. I don't see that happenin to either team but it's possible.

Congrats Elliott.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
ky wildcats Wrote:timmy knipp twists ankle

Is there any word today how bad the sprain is?

Redneck you are exactly right anything can happen.
Good luck Elliot. I hope you can take it all!
Will Knipp be able to compete at the Regional Championship?
Redneck Wrote:You could say the same thing to some of your own fans. Elliott is heavily favored to win the 16th just like Valley is in the 15th, but things do happen, either team could get upset and not even make it to Rupp. I don't see that happenin to either team but it's possible.

Congrats Elliott.
Yea, it could be said, but mine was very close to a post a EC fan made when I just said Valley isnt overlooking anyone in this regional tourney. So if it is ok for you all to say to us, it should be ok for us to say to you all. But good luck, I really want to see a rematch between the two teams.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
When did Elliot pull its starters??? I hope Knipp can get better.
Impressive win.
devilhorns05 Wrote:When did Elliot pull its starters??? I hope Knipp can get better.

Probably didn't pull them early. There coach has been known to leave the starters in for a long time and the team shows it in the next game.
Looks like this could cost them in the long run then I hope not, Go Lions!!
Congrats Elliott County.
Congrats Elliot!
devilhorns05 Wrote:When did Elliot pull its starters??? I hope Knipp can get better.

Still had 3 in until 2 min. left. Knipp twisted ankle up 31 with 3 1/2 left in the 3rd qt.
16BBall Fan Wrote:Still had 3 in until 2 min. left. Knipp twisted ankle up 31 with 3 1/2 left in the 3rd qt.

Any word on how his ankle is?
Congrats n the win EC. Sorry to hear about the player hurting his ankle, this is the wrong time of year for injuries.
congrats and i hope that elliott wins state