Scott
Clark Co.

Montgomery Co.
Mason Co.
Not surprised that MC was not phased too much against the Mustang slowdown
congrats mason
Congrats Mason Co.
Mason County starts out fast routs Brossart 58-35
The Mason County Royals jumped out to a 33-2 lead and went on to beat the Bishop Brossart Mustangs 58-35 in the opening round of the 10th Region Tournament today at The Bank of Kentucky Center. Mason County led 9-0. Brossart hit two free throws. Then the Royals scored 24 straight points. Brossart did not make its first field goal until the 1:59 mark of the second quarter. Russ Middleton led Mason County with 14 points. Treg Setty added 11. The Royals will play Montgomery County in the semfinals Monday at 8 p.m.

MC FG 55.3% 3 PT FG 21.4% FT 50% REB 34 TO 17
BB FG 26.8% 3 PT FG 22.2% FT 90% REB 18 TO 15

MC (22-6) Middleton 14, Downing 2, Barner 2, Pawsat 6, Setty 11, Gilbert 4, Hamm 7, J. Lang 2,
B. Lang 2, Rice 2, Black 4, King 2
BB (18-10) Patterson 5, Wolfer 2, Kremer 5, Rieger 12, Armstrong 10

MC 24 09 11 14-58
BB 02 04 12 17-35

http://courtsidewithdannyweddle.blogspot.com/
sumj45 Wrote:congrats mason

i agree, mason has always had a good team. TongueirateSho
Watched this game. The only time this game was close was when before the tipoff. Mason looks dominant and will repeat as Regional Champions.
Congrats mason Co.
6 points at halftime!! That is unreal!! Did Mason Co. play that great on the defensive end or did BB shoot that bad? Just curious?? Thanks
Congrats Mason
This has happened before, a couple years ago in a game at the FieldHouse, Mason County was up 24-6 on Bishop Brossart.

That Brossart team won the All A tournament I believe.

With that said, I was stunned when I turned on the radio and heard the halftime score. The Mustangs played a good game a couple weeks ago against the Royals and kept the game close, but my goodness this was unbelievable.
Setty has picked up right where his brother left off
Bishop Brossart ran into the state's defending champion Saturday in the first round of the 10th Region tournament, and it was like hitting a wall.

Mason County, looking for its third title in seven years, held the Mustangs without a field goal until the 2:32 mark of the second quarter and advanced to Monday's semifinal with a 58-35 rout at The Bank of Kentucky Center.

Mason County (22-6) ended the first quarter leading 24-2 after surrendering just two free throws by junior Jacob Rieger, who led the Mustangs with 12 points.

Senior guard Mitch Patterson, playing in what would be his final game for Brossart (18-11), hit the Mustangs' first basket from the field with a layup after picking up a loose ball, ending a 10-minute Brossart scoreless drought.

Russ Middleton, a Mason County senior heading to Georgetown College, led all scorers with 14 points.

Middleton and Neal Pawsat had three steals apiece for the Royals.

"We heard all year long how good a defense Bishop Brossart has, and we tried to come out and get a good defensive game against them," Middleton said. "Defense definitely fed the offense."

While hounding the Mustangs into 0-for-11 first-quarter shooting, the much taller Royals finished the quarter 11-for-14 from the field.

"It was disappointing we got off to such a bad start," Brossart coach Mike Code said. "But it you got any competitiveness about you, you keep playing."

Mason County will play Montgomery County at 8 p.m. Monday
http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...903080432/