Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just how good is Shelby Valley?!?
Redneck Wrote:Yes, they were much better than Landon. There's not one player on Shelby Valley's team or in the entire state of Kentucky that coulda handled Josh McKenzie and his 6-6 270 pound frame, who was runner-up for Mr.Basketball. A 1996 Paintsville vs. 2009 Shelby Valley would be a massacre. Paintsville would have a dunk contest. The Paintsville big men would make the Valley big men look like elementary players. Justice probably could hold his own against Tackett and Ratliff but what would he do when he got by em? Don't see him gettin very many shots off against VanHoose, C.Ratliff, or McKenzie without it gettin blocked.

They may have been better than Landon, but it sure didn't look like it from the way Tackett played at UK. He couldn't hit a shot and couldn't handle the ball either. He had no confidence whatsoever. To me Landon is already a better college player.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:They may have been better than Landon, but it sure didn't look like it from the way Tackett played at UK. He couldn't hit a shot and couldn't handle the ball either. He had no confidence whatsoever. To me Landon is already a better college player.

Todd never got the chance that Landon has already had. Tubby use to say Todd was the best player and hardest worker on the team IN PRACTICE, yet he was never rewarded for it, resulting in no chance to build any confidence. Landon has been rewarded for his hard work in practice. I'll bet Landon has took more shots at UK in his freshman year than Todd did in 4 years, Landon has played more his freshman year that Todd did in 4 years, and all because he practices harder than anyone else on the team.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:Todd never got the chance that Landon has already had. Tubby use to say Todd was the best player and hardest worker on the team IN PRACTICE, yet he was never rewarded for it, resulting in no chance to build any confidence. Landon has been rewarded for his hard work in practice. I'll bet Landon has took more shots at UK in his freshman year than Todd did in 4 years, Landon has played more his freshman year that Todd did in 4 years, and all because he practices harder than anyone else on the team.

Didn't Todd only play a year or two at UK. I thought I remembered people saying he opted to play baseball instead. Not sure though.
JIMLEE58 Wrote:I JUST HOPE THAT IF THIS GAME HAPPENS........EC CAN "GET UP FOR IT".ACCORDING TO THEIR FANS, THAT IS WHY THEY L O S T THE LAST TIME.
:please:

You can mark it down if they meet again SV will not even come close to seeing the same Elliott team as they did in the all A. :dontthink :dontthink
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Didn't Todd only play a year or two at UK. I thought I remembered people saying he opted to play baseball instead. Not sure though.

Not sure, didn't keep up with it. I thought he stuck it out for 4 years but I may be wrong. Todd screwed up not takin the double scholarship to Clemson for basketball and baseball.
kybaseball Wrote:You can mark it down if they meet again SV will not even come close to seeing the same Elliott team as they did in the all A. :dontthink :dontthink

I'm not a Valley fan but I'd say you can mark it down that Elliott County won't see the same Shelby Valley team they did at the All "A". Don't think Ferguson will get as many good looks as he did the first time around, Valley knows his off day is a very rare occassion, not only that Valley learned how to hit their free throws since then. I expect it to go down to the wire if they meet again, should be an excitin game to watch.
kybaseball Wrote:You can mark it down if they meet again SV will not even come close to seeing the same Elliott team as they did in the all A. :dontthink :dontthink
Guard play, a edge to SV. Outside shooting, about even. Free throw shooting, the edge goes to EC. Inside play, edge to SV. Bench play, edge to SV. do you agree or disagree with that?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Guard play, a edge to SV. Outside shooting, about even. Free throw shooting, the edge goes to EC. Inside play, edge to SV. Bench play, edge to SV. do you agree or disagree with that?

Inside play and bench yes guard play no.
kybaseball Wrote:Inside play and bench yes guard play no.

Oh lord, here we go. Go watch the tape buddy, Elisha took both twins whenever he wanted to, not to mention Logan play EXCELLENT defense against the two D-1 players.
Redneck Wrote:I'm not a Valley fan but I'd say you can mark it down that Elliott County won't see the same Shelby Valley team they did at the All "A". Don't think Ferguson will get as many good looks as he did the first time around, Valley knows his off day is a very rare occassion, not only that Valley learned how to hit their free throws since then. I expect it to go down to the wire if they meet again, should be an excitin game to watch.

Great post Redneck.I will say Ferguson will get as many if not more open looks. Aside from the FT shooting SV played there A game. Elliott showed up with their C game(no excuse as to why) they waited too late to turn it on. When they finaly did they showed clearly they were the superior team.
I agree it will be a nip and tuck game with Elliott winning around 7points.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Oh lord, here we go. Go watch the tape buddy, Elisha took both twins whenever he wanted to, not to mention Logan play EXCELLENT defense against the two D-1 players.

Buddy I did watch the tape.Betcha it don't happen twice.:dontthink :dontthink
kybaseball Wrote:Buddy I did watch the tape.Betcha it don't happen twice.:dontthink :dontthink
How many people was willing to bet it wouldnt have happened the first time?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Like I Said In Another Post....when We Went To The All-a Tournament,people Where Already Consoling Us For Having
To Be In A Tournament With This "other" Team."you Would Have
A Chance, If They Weren't In It" They Said. But Our Team Just Went
In, Played Their Game,and Won The Whole Thing...and Not Against
A Team Playing Their "c"game,but Against A Team That Got Shocked
By A Great Defense And A "can't Lose" Attitude. We'll Be Back
kybaseball Wrote:Buddy I did watch the tape.Betcha it don't happen twice.:dontthink :dontthink
May I ask what you are basing that statement on? Or are you just saying it?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:May I ask what you are basing that statement on? Or are you just saying it?

I know what the Faulkner boys can do. They have something to prove and will.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:How many people was willing to bet it wouldnt have happened the first time?

I will admitt I didn't.
kybaseball Wrote:I know what the Faulkner boys can do. They have something to prove and will.
May I ask what they have to prove? They are two good players, what would they have to prove to a 15th region team?
Redneck Wrote:Todd never got the chance that Landon has already had. Tubby use to say Todd was the best player and hardest worker on the team IN PRACTICE, yet he was never rewarded for it, resulting in no chance to build any confidence. Landon has been rewarded for his hard work in practice. I'll bet Landon has took more shots at UK in his freshman year than Todd did in 4 years, Landon has played more his freshman year that Todd did in 4 years, and all because he practices harder than anyone else on the team.

Dude remember this fact, I can remember the 15th region All-A Classic game pitting your mighty Tigers with Vanhoose, Tackett, etc playing a team with a great point guard (Jeremy Hall with a couple of slasher/shooters, Martin and cant remember the other kids name), oh yeah, Allen Central Rebels that absolutely gave those Tigers all they wanted a few times that year, be careful of your statements, I know that Allen Central team was not more talented than this Valley team
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:May I ask what they have to prove? They are two good players, what would they have to prove to a 15th region team?

That they are better than what they showed at the all A classic would be my guess.
kybaseball Wrote:That they are better than what they showed at the all A classic would be my guess.

That is true, but all this bickering is crazy on both sides. If they get lucky enough to meet again, everyone knows that the game can go either way. Ever which team plays the best will win. I really believe that they are as evenly matched as any 2 teams in the state.

I do think that it is a shame to have 2 teams from the mountains as good as these two are (which only happens every once in a long while), but we can't just agree that they both are special. I really think most fans from each team respect the other team, but school pride or whatever keeps them from saying it. It seems like everyone on here feels like they have to defend their team.
GOOD ......But not good enough to win a state title. And I don't mean this in a bad way.
A-TRAIN Wrote:Dude remember this fact, I can remember the 15th region All-A Classic game pitting your mighty Tigers with Vanhoose, Tackett, etc playing a team with a great point guard (Jeremy Hall with a couple of slasher/shooters, Martin and cant remember the other kids name), oh yeah, Allen Central Rebels that absolutely gave those Tigers all they wanted a few times that year, be careful of your statements, I know that Allen Central team was not more talented than this Valley team

Yeah and Allen Central was a **** good ball team. Jeremy Hall IS one of the top 5 players to ever come out of this region, not to mention he had a few other nice players around him. Didn't Allen Central beat us a time or two from 94-96? And NO A-TRAIN, this Valley team is not more talented than that Allen Central team.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:That is true, but all this bickering is crazy on both sides. If they get lucky enough to meet again, everyone knows that the game can go either way. Ever which team plays the best will win. I really believe that they are as evenly matched as any 2 teams in the state.

I do think that it is a shame to have 2 teams from the mountains as good as these two are (which only happens every once in a long while), but we can't just agree that they both are special. I really think most fans from each team respect the other team, but school pride or whatever keeps them from saying it. It seems like everyone on here feels like they have to defend their team.
I agree with you. Both teams are very special teams this year. And with both being from the mountians, we should be supporting each other until a possible match up then it is time for the talking to end and the action begin. But to for people from either team to say they are sure they are going to win is pushing it a little to far IMO. Elliott can win another matchup just as much as Valley can win it. Any team in the country is beatable. Just the same as any team in the country is not beatable. I think if there is another match up, it will be a game of runs. The team that has the longest run or most runs, will win the game. It might even come down to who has the last run of the game. The two teams are about as even as two teams can get. I would bet in a 10 game series, it wouldnt be 8-2 like was posted before, but a 5-5 series.
Fouls get reset in the 2nd half... If tight defense insures that the opponent will be fatiuged then fouls are worth the risk. 2nd half all evaporate so it won't matter.
If Valley plays to their full potential i dont think anyone in the state can shut them down..