15th Region Player of the Year
Goes to a senior, who wins it?
Merissa Pruitt from Phelps
HORNET POWER Wrote:Merissa Pruitt from Phelps

I Agree.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Emily Wireman, Merissa Pruitt, Katlin Riley, Laura Carroll, Laura Perkins, Kayla Cantrell, AD Slone, Christina Johnson, Bri Hatmaker, and I'm sure there are more that I am forgetting come to mind. A lot of talent coming out of the region this year.
laura perkins
marissa pruitt
AD slone
celena conley

those would be my top choices
I haven't seen JC this year but it would be hard to go againt Marissa Pruitt. Holly Harris, A.D. Slone and Kaitlyn Riley have also had very good years, I know there's some I've left off, but this was just a few on the top of my head.
Thank you for mentioning Harris, she had slipped my mind. I really don't know who to pick.
Laura Perkins or Celena Conley
Harris is only a Jr.
A.D. SLONE 25 points and 24 rebounds last night,but she has been doing it all year.
Merissa Pruitt and Katlin Riley are both phenomenal athletes!! I have really enjoyed watching them play!! It would be hard to choose between them..
Laura Perkins or the girl from Phelps.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Harris is only a Jr.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

Do any of these girls have plans to play ball after high school? I have heard that AD is going to play for ALC.
Perkins-SV
Slone-PCC
Pruitt-Phelps
Conley-JC
Johnson-Pikeville
These are all good players and would represent the 15th well,i wonder what all is taken into consideration to be named 15th reg. player of the year?Offense/defense, pts scored,rebounds,assists,steals,etc.(i guess) maybe grades?I'm sure each of the ones i mentioned and probably some i forgot to mention,mean a great deal to their team and their teams success.

If i had to pick one,probably Perkins for SV,one because of course i'm a fan of Valley's and know what she meant to her team and coach,but she plays both sides of the ball.I would think if you asked any coach she played against that she was hard to stop one on one,but of course this is my opinion only.

Probably be someone off the winning team of the 15th region tournament,which would be deserving!
Merissa Pruitt[Phelps]Christina Johnson[Pikeville]Kaitlyn Riley[Phelps] or A.D. Slone[Pike Central
Slone#23Pike Central
Pruitt#15Phelps
Riley#12Phelps
I think Conley from JC and Riley from Phelps are the two top seniors. They are both really good players.
Conley is definitely a force to be reckoned with. With JC taking region then she could very easily receive this honor.
thetribe Wrote:Conley is definitely a force to be reckoned with. With JC taking region then she could very easily receive this honor.

After having what most would consider a career-ending injury last year, to come back and have this type of year was great for Celena, especially JC.
I wish she could win for all the hard work and determination she went through to get back.
Good luck to all the girls mentioned in this thread! Been a great year in the 15th!
ad slone definatly and yes she is going to play for alice loyd good luck to her and all the seniors this year
Slone all the way. From what I hear, no other senior has signed to play college ball. That says so much.
roundball gal Wrote:Slone all the way. From what I hear, no other senior has signed to play college ball. That says so much.
Slone is a great canidate for POY but i don't think being signed to play college ball has anything to do with being picked.imo I know other players that have offers and are weighing out their options.
roundball gal Wrote:Slone all the way. From what I hear, no other senior has signed to play college ball. That says so much.
Paintsville has only 3 Seniors and all 3 will be signing very soon, so it doesn't really say that much. Lady Tigers Carroll and Chaffins should be in the mix though.
when is this award going to be announced? They already announced the boys.
I feel conley from Johson Central is the most deserving because she is a great offensive and defensive player. Despite her injury last season she had an awesome year and lead her team a very GOOD team at that to a regional championship. I feel that player of the year should not only reflect your individual stats but what you did for your team. She has lead her team to more than 1 regional championship. You can score 20 points per game but as a team you don't win major games. She scores, rebounds and is the leader on a regional championship team. I think she deserves it hands down.