Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patterson and Orton
If Patterson stays, could him and Orton be the next set of twin towers for UK?
Yes, very much so. Orton will bring that strong post presents that UK needs. Patterson is a post player but just isnt big enough to beat and bag with bigger guys. Orton can come in and play right away. I just hope that Patterson will stay.
I was just talking about this earlier with a friend.

Patterson should enter the draft at season's end but who know what he will do. I would love to see how this duo turns out.

I could see these two working well off of one another and producing in a might way. We all know how hard Patterson works and I've heard good things about Orton's work ethic as well.

But if Patterson enters the draft, we will never know.
C.Clair Wrote:Yes, very much so. Orton will bring that strong post presents that UK needs. Patterson is a post player but just isnt big enough to beat and bag with bigger guys. Orton can come in and play right away. I just hope that Patterson will stay.

If Patterson stays I'm not going to say It's the best, but we would have a very intimidating frontcourt.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I was just talking about this earlier with a friend.

Patterson should enter the draft at season's end but who know what he will do. I would love to see how this duo turns out.

I could see these two working well off of one another and producing in a might way. We all know how hard Patterson works and I've heard good things about Orton's work ethic as well.

But if Patterson enters the draft, we will never know.

It will be very exciting to see how this duo turns out if Patterson stays. I mean Patterson is strong but Orton is just a man among boys on the court. He will eliminate those second chance points every team kills us on.
I dont believe you will ever see it happen PP is gone this year I think... according nbadraft.net he is goin 21 in the first round he would be crazy not to go....Orton has potential but all the freshman like liggins and Galloway, miller, none have lived to there expectations... i kinda hope that PP stays so Varnardo can block them both next year...HAHAHAHAHA
I agree with most, I would love to see PP in a UK uniform next year, but I have already heard the cash register ring. IMO, Orton is one and done as well. If this kid comes in and does what he is touted to do, we won't see him in a UK uniform after next year.
BullDogs09 Wrote:I dont believe you will ever see it happen PP is gone this year I think... according nbadraft.net he is goin 21 in the first round he would be crazy not to go....Orton has potential but all the freshman like liggins and Galloway, miller, none have lived to there expectations... i kinda hope that PP stays so Varnardo can block them both next year...HAHAHAHAHA

Varnardo wouldnt have an arm left if he tried to block an Orton dunk.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Varnardo wouldnt have an arm left if he tried to block an Orton dunk.

How do you all say that when you havent saw the kid play d-1.... I mean Liggins was suppose to amazing and he isnt, Galloway suppose to be amazing, miller suppose to be amazing, well he is the best freshman they have right now....
I think Orton is going to take a little more time to develop then most people are thinking....I hope I'm wrong though.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Varnardo wouldnt have an arm left if he tried to block an Orton dunk.

Not saying Orton isnt good but I dont think he is that good
theVILLE Wrote:How do you all say that when you havent saw the kid play d-1.... I mean Liggins was suppose to amazing and he isnt, Galloway suppose to be amazing, miller suppose to be amazing, well he is the best freshman they have right now....

Because I watched him shatter a backboard as a junior in high school.
We all seem to be forgetting about a guy named Pilgrim whos on the team who is a VERY strong post presence. If Patterson leaves so be it, I wish him luck, but then we have Orton come in and play the 5 and have Pilgrim at the 4!

That is also a very good combination. If Patterson stays, then you'll see a Pilgrim at the 4 and Patterson at the 5 with Orton coming off the bench!
Yes, I think they can.
I believe that they could be. I sure would love to see it.
theVILLE Wrote:Not saying Orton isnt good but I dont think he is that good

Lets see hes an all-american, 6"10 260, and I've seen him rip the rim off and shatter a backboard. Yea I think he could dunk on varnardo.

Varnardo blocks a lot of shots. I was just saying he couldnt block Ortons dunk :Thumbs:
Regardless if PP stays or not, UK should have one of the toughest front lines in the country. Pilgrim IMO is a better scorer and rebounder than Orton, and I believe this will only help Orton's progression next year being able to play off of Pilgrim. Couple them two with Stevenson and we have a stout frontline......Go Cats
EKY_Basketball Wrote:Regardless if PP stays or not, UK should have one of the toughest front lines in the country. Pilgrim IMO is a better scorer and rebounder than Orton, and I believe this will only help Orton's progression next year being able to play off of Pilgrim. Couple them two with Stevenson and we have a stout frontline......Go Cats

Good God, I would hope they are talented enough to put Stevenson on the bench
I just hope Orton can play some defense and catch on quickly to the defensive scheme or he will be on the bench. imo
This is JMO but the best thing for both Patterson and Meeks to do is to stay. With the edition of Orton and the other good freshman coming in, UK will suprise a lot of people, even the supporters. Billy G has a strong class coming in here. I heard he even has a very good PG coming in. Is this true. With these players experience from this year, it will transfer over to next year, plus with all the additions like Orton. I wouldn't be suprised to see another title for KY. When everyone on the team is contributing, they can beat anyone. They have not played on game this year where everyone on the team has had a good game. I should say everyone that has played.
And I guess you think Retardo Samuels is amazing right? Dude is so un-skilled that it is amazing. The hype he received coming out of high school was unbelievable but he has been crap. At least against teams with a decent big man.
Orton wont be that good because he has sit out all year.

yeah but if we were talking about samardo samuels i bet you would say he was that good.
Stardust Wrote:Good God, I would hope they are talented enough to put Stevenson on the bench

Stevenson is by no means a force, but he is far from being placed on anybody's bench.
If they aren't good enough to put Stevenson on the bench then they are being way over hyped.
lickbranchlegend Wrote:If they aren't good enough to put Stevenson on the bench then they are being way over hyped.

sorry but with orton and PP stevenson will not be starting. thats a no brainer cause how could anyone play stevenson at the 3?:yikes: and the new gaurd coming in next year is G.J. Vilarino...he's a 3 star but he is definitely 3 stars better than porter:notworthy
Samuels has played good this year and he's playing in the best conference in college ball, not the SEC.
BCF4L Wrote:And I guess you think Retardo Samuels is amazing right? Dude is so un-skilled that it is amazing. The hype he received coming out of high school was unbelievable but he has been crap. At least against teams with a decent big man.

Yeah and the ville didnt need even need him against your team:lmao:
Crazy Horse Wrote:This is JMO but the best thing for both Patterson and Meeks to do is to stay. With the edition of Orton and the other good freshman coming in, UK will suprise a lot of people, even the supporters. Billy G has a strong class coming in here. I heard he even has a very good PG coming in. Is this true. With these players experience from this year, it will transfer over to next year, plus with all the additions like Orton. I wouldn't be suprised to see another title for KY. When everyone on the team is contributing, they can beat anyone. They have not played on game this year where everyone on the team has had a good game. I should say everyone that has played.

I really don't think this incoming class will be that good. Orton hasn't played since last seasonso he's an unproven intity. Jon Hood really dosen't bring anything to the table either. As far as Patterson going pro after this season that's what is being rumored in his home town, Huntington Wva, but he really needs a season playing facing the basket and working on his jump shot from mid range. PP has played out of position for two seasons now, he's really a 4 man playing the 5 position. The point guard, or lead guard, like BG calls it will still be terible. Meeks will probably go early in the first round, can't blame him for leaving. I think next season will be just like this season as long as BG is running things in Lex. and that won't change for another 3 seasons.