Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Ipods all they are cracked up to be?
So are they or not??
Hmmm....I don't know...I don't have one...lol
I just ordered an Ipod video.. and i hope I didn't just wasste my money
hopefully...
If i were you i would have went with a Napster-to-Go compatable MP3 player. With the IPod you have to BUY the Itunes where with the NTG you can just download them on to your MP3 player is you have the 15 buck monthly supscription. But if your not oign to download 15 or 16 songs a then i guess the Ipod is better
You mean I have to buy the songs?????
not necessarily. itunes software is free. if you have a d/l agent like ares or limewire, you can still get free music and the songs still work on itunes.

I got an ipod for my birthday and i have been nothing short of satisfied with it.
Ok... Cool. For a second i thought it was goin to be like cell phone ringtones, where you have to buy everything you get...

ahh don't really matter, i got one on the way now..

Do you happen to know how the video one works??
no i havent heard. im sure it works the same way. you can download movies and videos and stuff off of those d/l agent anyway
Cool.. I'm kind of excited to get it now lol.. I'll be the cool kid on the block for a few days lol..
I dont think the iPod's are all they are cracked up to be, alot of my friends had them when we would go on bus trips, and I had a Rio Karma mp3 player, the iPod's died about an hour before my Rio did, but idk how the video one is supposed to be, it should be pretty cool tho. :rock:
supposed to be 15 hours of continuous play.. but ahh i dont' know.. i'll let ya know though
yea, let me know, i meant like the LONG bus rides CTD, lol, like the bus rides on basketball trips to lousville, bowling green and campbell county, lol
i havent had alot of battery trouble with mine. you have to let it charge properly. you cant just charge it for an hour at a time. when you charge it you have to leave it there till its done.
Sounds like some people could have Metallica come knocking on their doors. But I didnt know for sure if you could use osmething other than Itunes. I would still rather go with Napster to go...but i dont have the money to put into a compatable MP3 player...o well
that's why i love credit cards Dodge lol....
I bought a mp3 player from walmart that was like 30 bux and looks just like an IPOD. I can download my songs to it and then take it my car and tune my radio station (it has radio tuner built in) and listen to my music without the need for a cd player. BTW, it holds about 75 or so songs. I load up 75 songs and listen to i get board. Bring it in and plug it to my computer when I get tired of those and load 75 new ones. It also has a built in voice recorder and comes with nice head phones so you can listen while you exercise or whatever.. It also has usb expansion port to plug in extra usb pen drives to hold more music. One other thing it does is saves my homework files too. So a student could pack thier homework and listen to music with the save device. To me this was a great buy and looks just as fancy as the Ipod. I dont remember the name but they are on the Wal mart website. Called V something or anothers.
Sounds pretty cool..
Yeah but you do have to pay credit cards back...and i dont make enough to start charging fastfood jobs suck. anyone know of places hiring?
lol. Yeah. but you don't have to pay them all at once lol...

I don't know of anything hiring.. but if i hear something i'll let ya know..

how old are you?
im 19...not alot of options really between college and everything but im sorta looking around
I had a iPod Mini and i wasnt too satisfied with it. i couldnt use it with my computer, And iTunes gets bitchy sometimes. i had 400 songs on it for the 4 days i had it, and i was doing it on a friends computer. when i put the music on it, i had to copy it to My Library...taking up space. so when i deleted the songs off of My Library, to save space, and then plugged it back up to the computer, it said "Updating iPod"...when i turned it on, all the songs were gone.

So i took it back to walmart and got the cash back and bought a Creative Zen Micro with it. It is much easier to use than iTunes... You dont have to copy the songs to the library...you can rip from the CD's you have, or put the MP3's on it that you have on your Computer. Unlike an iPod, this came with a wall charger, so i can take it with me and not have to worry about it going dead. Plus, it cost the same as an iPod Mini, but it has an extra Gig of storage space, a microphone built in, and FM radio(Useless most of the time).

I got my money's worth with the Zen Micro, but if you have the software to use an iPod, By all means.
My buddy had a ipod and i really liked it but the battery went dead kinda fast is the reason i didnt get one
We have an small mp3 player thing that we can put songs on and carry around in your pocket or plug it into the car and listen to the songs. It's fun and cheap. However, I think I might like to have an Ipod or something similar and cheaper for a feed reader to read my favorite stuff on the go!
Dodge Wrote:If i were you i would have went with a Napster-to-Go compatable MP3 player. With the IPod you have to BUY the Itunes where with the NTG you can just download them on to your MP3 player is you have the 15 buck monthly supscription. But if your not oign to download 15 or 16 songs a then i guess the Ipod is better

Napster and other subscription services are a joke. Once a month you get a guy in a suit telling you, "Nice music collection. It'd be terrible if something happened to it, huh?"

Better to pay once and own your music rather than have to pay continously with Napster & Clones.

And for the record: iPods rule. I can take my whole CD collection on the airplane with me when I go on vacation. :headphone
theswag Wrote:I had a iPod Mini and i wasnt too satisfied with it. i couldnt use it with my computer, And iTunes gets bitchy sometimes. i had 400 songs on it for the 4 days i had it, and i was doing it on a friends computer. when i put the music on it, i had to copy it to My Library...taking up space. so when i deleted the songs off of My Library, to save space, and then plugged it back up to the computer, it said "Updating iPod"...when i turned it on, all the songs were gone.

So i took it back to walmart and got the cash back and bought a Creative Zen Micro with it. It is much easier to use than iTunes... You dont have to copy the songs to the library...you can rip from the CD's you have, or put the MP3's on it that you have on your Computer. Unlike an iPod, this came with a wall charger, so i can take it with me and not have to worry about it going dead. Plus, it cost the same as an iPod Mini, but it has an extra Gig of storage space, a microphone built in, and FM radio(Useless most of the time).

I got my money's worth with the Zen Micro, but if you have the software to use an iPod, By all means.

:wtf1:

My iPod came with a wall charger.

And what happens to your music collection if your MP3 player goes bad? You have to rerip everything.
I heard that the outsides of them scratch sooooooooo easily but I myself do not own one, I might get an alternative iPod one day though.
thetribe Wrote:I heard that the outsides of them scratch sooooooooo easily but I myself do not own one, I might get an alternative iPod one day though.

They all scratch. Might as well get the one that's the best.