Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 05-06
How will Valley do this year?
They should have alot of wins this year, because Coach Booher cup-caked the schedule...Tournament time this year will show, that getting rid of Rodney Rowe was a crazy ideal
Btw...I expect Mitch Riddle to be one of the leading stat men in eky...because he has to be and he has the ability to be!
"i-dono" Wrote:They should have alot of wins this year, because Coach Booher cup-caked the schedule...Tournament time this year will show, that getting rid of Rodney Rowe was a crazy ideal

Last I checked, they didn't get rid of Rodney Rowe, he resigned as coach....
Mabey he did resign...be he had a little "incouragement" from some of the people who sign his paycheck!
idk know how they will do this season as far as their record go but they may go to the finals of region...if they dont play paintsville first
"i-dono" Wrote:Mabey he did resign...be he had a little "incouragement" from some of the people who sign his paycheck!

What's incouragement?
Incouragement? Basically what he's trying to say is political bullshit is the reason Rodney felt pressure to resign but if he just wanted to be an ass about it he could have still been the coach for as long as he wanted. He just wanted to do what was best for him. Anyways Valley win surprise alot of people this year, just because dont have Kiser, Friend and Tackett anymore doesn't mean they still don't have alot of talent, actually when I was talking to some former coaches earlier this week they said their 2nd team or "blue team" then was just as good as their starters, which would have been Riddle and C. Riddle, Thomas, Johnson and Bartley and the big Newsome boy who is right at 6'5 is coming back out this year and he's been absent from the team for 2 years. They have 3 boys 6'4 or over on this years team, so they will surprise alot of people that's doubting them. Let's remember I know it was just JV but the senior boys on this year's team went 24-1 two years ago and these same group of boys won the county tournament their 8th grade year and so on so yes this team will still be on top IMO. And I look for Riddle and Bartley to really surprise alot of people this year. They don't have as good of a bench this year as they have had in recent years because alot of good players have quit and you can figure out why on your own.
Way down from the past 4 years, you can't replace that amount of talent in one season. They will lacking in leadership. Riddle played last year, but if I'm not mistaken Bartley didn't play anywhere and I'm not sure if either one of them can fill the shoes of Patrick Tackett, Chris Bentley, Seth Kiser and Kelsey Friend.
I kinda agree with you BBandG but I still think Riddle and Bartley will have to carry them if they want to win, and actually Bartley played around 10 games last seaon and he was a major factor in wins against Hazard in OT, Prestonsburg and Perry Central (shutting down Combs) but that's when Kiser and Bartley still played. Anyways yes the talent will be hard to replace but there is still some talent to work with. But I do agree the talent pool is dropping at Valley.
IMO there will be alot of "incouraging" at the end of this season alfus...like the football and especially the baseball coach will be "incouraged" if not fired....heck, thats the most political place outside of washington...but I see good reason to get rid of the football, and baseball coaches...but rodney rowe?...call me crazy, but I would take rodney rowe and a team with less talent, than jason booher, and alot of talent!!!
"i-dono" Wrote:IMO there will be alot of "incouraging" at the end of this season alfus...like the football and especially the baseball coach will be "incouraged" if not fired....heck, thats the most political place outside of washington...but I see good reason to get rid of the football, and baseball coaches...but rodney rowe?...call me crazy, but I would take rodney rowe and a team with less talent, than jason booher, and alot of talent!!!

Haha...You're a good one buddy...
thanks