Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went back to the doctor today...
I went back to the doctor today for my leg. They cut the cast off, took some x-rays and put me in a full-leg brace. I go back to the doctor on December 12th. I'm off school until December 13th as of right now...I start physical therapy Wednesday...I have to go three days a week for 8 weeks. As for the brace...I can take it off to shower so that's a relief! It's actually pretty comfortable...compared to how uncomfortable that cast was. My leg is extremely small, even my foot is alot smaller that the other...the cut where the gas pedal went is is healing and it looks alot better...however I do have a spot on my leg under my knee where the cut is where my leg sinks in...which is where the bones were broke...it'll probably always be like that...same with the right side of my lower leg...I was scratching it today right after they cut my cast off and realized that it's completely numb...so I probably have permanent neve damage there and it would'nt surprise me if I never got feeling back in that area. I can start putting some weight on my leg but not until I start therapy...right now I'm trying to work the soreness out of my ankle...I'll post pics of my car as soon as I get them scanned and if I can somehow get a pic of my leg I'll post it too just to give you an idea of what it looks like.
I'm glad you got your cast off DT... hope you get completely healed soon and your therapy goes good for ya
I can't wait to see what your leg looks like. I'm glad everything went good at the doctor, now we don't have to worry about getting your cast wet anymore.
Lol....exactly I don't have to stick it in a garbage bag and tape it up anymore!!! YESSS!!! lol... I can't wait to show and actually get to wash it...lol...you'll get to see it this weekend hopefully...ohhh feel sorry for me Friday...I gotta go to therapy AND to pick up my hearing aid...lol...but I can wear one than just 1 pair of jeans!
Don't forget the reptile show on Friday Big Grin
Shew...lol....I'm going to be exhausted! Will you go to therapy with me??? I wonder if Jamie will be my therapist again??? She's really cool...
Congratulations. Glad to hear that you are doing so much better, this time has been long awaited for you I am sure. Good luck with your therapy, don't get frustrated with it, take into consideration the work that you will have to do but why you are doing it, stick with it all and it will be so worth it later.

Once again, glad you are better now DT.
Shes not fustrated, just lazy!
Therapy though does sometimes frustrate people, it takes time and effort to get to the point that they were before. The muscles are just so weak now.

Lazy, maybe, but you will do it. She HAS to, she can't run around the Burg on crutches forever!
Shes had physical therapy before on her knee, she knows what it takes, trust me.
I've had therapy before...I actually enjoyed it and I didn't get frustrated with it. I know I have to do it...I actually can't wait to start...
Well..I don't start therapy until probably friday...I dread it my leg is going to hurt I know it will...I have knee problems anyway...
Well good luck, you will be in tip top shape when you are done at least.
Yea....right now my ankle and knee is KILLING me...could be where I fell last night...