Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps 60 - Shelby Valley 46 -- 59th District Championship
First time in 20 years (I believe) that Phelps comes home as DISTRICT CHAMPS!

Good Luck in the Region..........

60 to 46 is the Final score
that is so great.. now all they have to do is win regional..grats PHS...I knew you could do it
Congrats Lady Hornets.
:1: Great Job Girls!!! You All Played Some Good Ball And Didn't Let Things Get You Down.keep Up The Good Work And Make Us Proud In The Regionals. Congrats Super District Champs !!!!!!!!!
Congrats Phelps
Congrats Hornets, looks like Vanhoose has turned the program around.
SUPER CHAMPS WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO.
I'm so excited for our girls!!
When someone gets the offical score post it on a new thread.
I believe it was 60-48 but not sure!

BUT CONGRATS ONCE AGAIN LADY HORNETS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
WOOOO HOOOOOO..... Congrats Lady Hornets! VERY proud of you all!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Great job Phelps. Congrats and good luck
A BIG congratulations to Phelps. The Hornets played an incredible game. I was very impressed with the way they ran their offense and defense. Best of luck in region girls. This is the best Phelps team I have ever seen. Vanhoose, you are doing a fantastic job, keep it up!

great game , hate to see sv lose, but they didnt hit there free throw and there was no boxing out down low, i think sv should had use there bench more to. maybe things would have been different ? :notworthy
J.R. VanHoose knew what to tell his girls to shut down Valley tonight. Only one player broke double figures. A lot of their shots weren't falling in the first quarter when they could actually get them off. Riley was the answer for Swindell it seemed. Pruitt played a great game outside. I cannot say enough about the Lady Hornets right now, so impressed by this game.

I am so glad that we finally have something here in Phelps to be proud of. If only the boys could do the same it would be real nice.
thetribe Wrote:A BIG congratulations to Phelps. The Hornets played an incredible game. I was very impressed with the way they ran their offense and defense. Best of luck in region girls. This is the best Phelps team I have ever seen. Vanhoose, you are doing a fantastic job, keep it up!

1988 Regional Champs were awful talented
Congrats Phs
The Lady Hornets played excellent ball tonight. I'm so glad they won a championship game; they deserved it. And so proud of the fans tonight! They really came out and supported our girls tonight. Phelps will be a great threat in the region; I hope they keep playing great ball like they did tonight!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Salimander Wrote:1988 Regional Champs were awful talented

Hence why I said that I had ever seen.

Congrats PHS on a very good team win, IMO two things that may go un-noticed were very important to the victory. Jasmine and Kaitlyn played excellent post defense, not letting Valley get a clean entry to the post the whole second half, the other was rebounding, again Jazz seemed to be there every time we needed a big rebound not letting Valley get second shots. Play ball like you did tonight girls and you can win this region go get it!!!
my hat is off to you vanhoose, you had an answer to everything that coach rowe tried. i feel that you made our coach look as bad as riley made swindell look. this is only my opinion. coach rowe still does not have a district championship in girls basketball, not even in the 80s when he coached at virgie. i know this must be very frustrating because he has had it locked up so many times. i felt it would have been locked up tonight. however, congratulations to phelps and i hope both teams do well next week in the regional tournament.
Congrats to Phelps, good luck at regionals hopefully us PCC fans can meet up with you all sometime at regionals for another battle. Either way I will be cheering you all on when not playing PC
CONGRATS TO THE LADY HORNETS! I THINK THAT THERE PEP CLUB GOT THE GIRLS FIRED UP AND AND REALLY GOT IN SHELBY VALLEY HEAD:igiveup:
Sv Got Out Played Good Win For Hornets
Good win lady Hornets. SV did not share the ball as well as they did the previous game but it may have been due to the defense. Keep your heads up Lady Cats, at least you are in the regional tournament and a 3 game winning strek is all you need. Just remember there are a few other teams sitting home without that chance.

Rowe should not be frustrated because he has 2 regional titles and 2 all A regional titles. Trust me when I say he is not frustrated.
Congrats lady hornets,from what i watched SV tried throwing ball inside whether from the top or the wing,and the defense just swallowed it up.In the second half it was turn over after turnover tring to feed swindall in the paint,I thought the riley girl done an excellent job on swindall,which forced the scoring to come from the other players(most of which were not hitting).I think by now most teams and especially phelps know the game plan.but like many this is only my opinion,Valley kats lets just take the next 3 a game at a time,a bigger dance begins next week, let's focus on the future and not the past.Good luck to both teams :Thumbs:
LuvSV Wrote:my hat is off to you vanhoose, you had an answer to everything that coach rowe tried. i feel that you made our coach look as bad as riley made swindell look. this is only my opinion. coach rowe still does not have a district championship in girls basketball, not even in the 80s when he coached at virgie. i know this must be very frustrating because he has had it locked up so many times. i felt it would have been locked up tonight. however, congratulations to phelps and i hope both teams do well next week in the regional tournament.

Do you realize how BAD your post makes you look? What exactly do you Luv about SV other that getting on BGR and degrading Swindell or Coach Rowe? Lady Hornets played great ball and deserved the win . . . .congrats to them and Coach Vanhoose. Good Luck Lady Cats . . . from a TRUE fan.
katsfan Wrote:Do you realize how BAD your post makes you look? What exactly do you Luv about SV other that getting on BGR and degrading Swindell or Coach Rowe? Lady Hornets played great ball and deserved the win . . . .congrats to them and Coach Vanhoose. Good Luck Lady Cats . . . from a TRUE fan.

The post your referring to be honest, is honest and evidently the truth in how they feel. Each fan of any team has the right to voice their opinion. You have yours, I have mine, and they have theirs.

Congrats again Lady Hornets!!!

Congrats Phelps. SV just stunk it up. That is all you can say. Phelps wanted it more and it showed.
phs1986 Wrote:The post your referring to be honest, is honest and evidently the truth in how they feel. Each fan of any team has the right to voice their opinion. You have yours, I have mine, and they have theirs.

Congrats again Lady Hornets!!!

LuvSV's post may be their honest opinion, but their user-name "LuvSV" is definitely deceiving . . . the point I was trying to make. And that is my opinion. Seems they should change their name to NoLuv4SV.

Congrats Vanhoose and Lady Hornets!!!
Congrats Phelps good luck in the regional tour.
katsfan Wrote:LuvSV's post may be their honest opinion, but their user-name "LuvSV" is definitely deceiving . . . the point I was trying to make. And that is my opinion. Seems they should change their name to NoLuv4SV.

Congrats Vanhoose and Lady Hornets!!!

LOL..... I see your point. Could it have been frustration?