Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Belfry
i heard today that belfry will be moving up to 3a next year.. is this true??
not to my knowledge, i havent heard anything but i will look into it for ya
I hadn't heard anything either, and someone told me they were... So if ya find anything be sure to let me know
according to what i could decipher from khsaa website belfrys avg. enrollment the last 2 years is 638, im not sure where the cut off is between AA and AAA but i am pretty sure that it goes by the last 2 years avg enrollment.
Hmm.. I think the cutoff is around 7 something. but i'm not sure either..
its pretty close then
Currently the cutoff for AAA is 752.
fox sports Wrote:Currently the cutoff for AAA is 752.

thanks fs...i couldnt find that anywhere on khsaa's website
I don't think it will happen next year, but you know the new school will attract more students from around the area.
I'm not positive which district Belfry would move into, but I would assume they would move in with Bell County, Rockcastle, and Madison Southern. Talk about a deadly foursome from a district.
Belfry will be in AA for a long time.

No need for speculation because the numbers aren't close to AAA at all.
HappyGilmore Wrote:Belfry will be in AA for a long time.

No need for speculation because the numbers aren't close to AAA at all.

I don't want to go back to AAA. I think we're just fine where we are at !!! Although there are some schools that pray for our return to triple A.....Confusedhh: Smile
LMBO... yep... they pray for Belfry to go to AAA JUST as much as Belfry prays to stay AA!!!!  LOLOLOL...... :bow:
rumor has it that Belfry is separating its fr. next yr. from the so., jr. sr,s . with the fr having thier own principal and but still in the same school .is this one way of keeping the #,s down or will the fr. still be counted in the whole population of the school, for ranking purposes.
2007 re-alignment possibilities  would push Belfry to AAA if they go to the 6A system. Thats all I have seen and it would affect most of the AA schools that we play. This is only a posibility with the 6A system.
If 6 classes come to be then that means that Belfry should move into AAA along with some of the bigger AA schools. Smaller AAA schools like Lawrence and Ft. Thomas would stay in AAA due to them being some of the smallest AAA schools around so it would be a really nice Class to be in if 6A comes to pass.
[quote author=BelfryBuck link=topic=13009.msg211735#msg211735 date=1142407243]
rumor has it that Belfry is separating its fr. next yr. from the so., jr. sr,s . with the fr having thier own principal and but still in the same school .is this one way of keeping the #,s down or will the fr. still be counted in the whole population of the school, for ranking purposes.
[/quote]

I also heard this weekend that Pike Central is doing the same from a Johns Creek parent.  Still curious tho if it is for this reason or another.
Belfry will not be moving to AAA any time soon. Yes, the enrollment will go up next year due to the low # of graduates this year and the big freshman class coming in. However, the #'s will not bring it to a AAA class.
[quote author=BelfryBuck link=topic=13009.msg211735#msg211735 date=1142407243]
school .is this one way of keeping the #,s down or will the fr. still be counted in the whole population of the school, for ranking purposes.
[/quote]

I also heard this weekend that Pike Central is doing the same from a Johns Creek parent.  Still curious tho if it is for this reason or another.
Quote:

Doesn't work that way.  Enrollment is figured 9-12.  Belfry or PC would have to include in their enrollment every kid in any 9th grade -- even if it's at a separate school like a Jr. High that feeds into them -- that are districted to go to Belfry or PC.
I heard that if the went to 6A classes then Prestonsburg will be going to 3A along with Belfry !
I was told that there will be a freshman academy to work on test scores...
That may be, BUT the freshmen still have to be included with a high school enrollment. 
[quote author=phs86 link=topic=13009.msg214281#msg214281 date=1142863837]
That may be, BUT the freshmen still have to be included with a high school enrollment. 
[/quote]

I Know that. I was saying that test scores are the reason for the fr academy...not enrollment.
Pond Creek Wrote:Belfry will not be moving to AAA any time soon. Yes, the enrollment will go up next year due to the low # of graduates this year and the big freshman class coming in. However, the #'s will not bring it to a AAA class.

For the first time in a long time Belfry and the county as a whole is not losing enrollment.
NEXT Wrote:For the first time in a long time Belfry and the county as a whole is not losing enrollment.
That is great news and I hope that continues.
What is their current enrollment?
Sponge Bob Wrote:What is their current enrollment?

I think around 670. The incoming freshman class is supposed to be a big one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This years freshman class is the biggest ever at Belfry so far, I don't know if this next group is supposed to top them or not?