Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do we need? You all tell me!
Make some suggestions what kind of features, addons that you would like to see added to BGR. I want to make this most enjoyable fan site.

Things currently in the works.. Bookie system. That can be placed on game predictions just like a poll. Users can then use thier BGR Points to place wagers on the games. Spreads can be placed on games as well.

Physical Store that you can buy BGR merchandise such as hats, shirts, jerseys, thongs, cups.. bumper sticks...etc.. You will be able to use your points here to purchase and get discounts on products. This will be up with in the week.. Ive been designing the logos to fit the shirts.. You can recommend slogans for us as well to be placed on the shirts.

Heres one im considering. A BGR ecard creator that will allow our members to create Greeting Cards, Birthday cards, Business Cards, or whatever that can be emailed to people. This could also be used to make invitations to bgr.

Another Im consider: A recruting directory. Players will be able to submit thier picture, stats, team, contact information. This info would be categorized by Sport. Then they will be able to choose colleges throughout the state from a dropdown menu and submit thier info. Their info then would be automatically email to those college so that college and send them a recruiting pack. Other members could also view these.

What else we need? To make the site even more enjoyable.
Man QQ I like it the way it is...I know its ur site in all and you want our honest opinion BUT I think people like SIMPLE things cause its easier to move around and about like it is now....O BTW did you say we can buy THONGS? lol
I like the bookie system idea...lol...keep it up QQ
Like football said, the site it great and I think people like the simplicity it has and how easy it is to manuever. I think at one time you mentioned maybe being able to make different templates for people to choose from, I can't remember if that was before or after the VBulletin switch. The physical BGR store sounds great. Any chance that you have a rough estimate of how much the items are going to sell for? I think that wearing the merchandise will attract a lot of new people to the site as well.
football05 Wrote:Man QQ I like it the way it is...I know its ur site in all and you want our honest opinion BUT I think people like SIMPLE things cause its easier to move around and about like it is now....O BTW did you say we can buy THONGS? lol

The shop and recruiting links would only be located on the main page. They wouldnt interfer at all with the forums. The shop will be a good way to promote BGR by wearing hats or shirts to games or around town.

For the bookie system. It will be just like a poll. A mod or admin place a the bookie system to a thread and people can wager on that game. It would be automatically updated once the game was reported. Be a good way to win more points to buy BGR merchandise. You could lose money as well. But that will make it fun.

For the thongs.. ya. you will be able to purchase yourself, gf or wife a BGR thongSmile
One other thing im adding. Is entry fees for Arcade tourneys. Winner take all. Example.. I host a game tourny. I set the entry fee to 1000 pts.. 8 people enters.. Winner take all. 8000 pts..
tomcat68 Wrote:Like football said, the site it great and I think people like the simplicity it has and how easy it is to manuever. I think at one time you mentioned maybe being able to make different templates for people to choose from, I can't remember if that was before or after the VBulletin switch. The physical BGR store sounds great. Any chance that you have a rough estimate of how much the items are going to sell for? I think that wearing the merchandise will attract a lot of new people to the site as well.

I will make sure the shirts are all cheaper than BGPs. Smile You will also be able to apply your points towards a purchase. Roughly 2000 points will equal a cash dollar. So if you had 10,000 points. That would give you 5 bux in cash to apply to your purchase. Thus if the shirts are 12 bux you pay 8.. of couse the staff will get a discount to the normal pricing.

There are going to be alot of new ways to win points too. Bookie system and the new arcade feature are the ones i will be implementing soon.
:dance: :dance: I can buy myself a thong.
Tomcat you just make me think of a excellent idea.. We will need to create a thread for it however. I can create the templates to match a teams color. The dropdown box would be located in the top of the forums and you just select you team as template..

Exp.. you choose ashland template.. you would have this same style except for maroon and white colors..

Belfy would get red and white..

Pburg black and red..

etc etc.. i could also throw in generic color combinations just in case we dont have a particular template for that team. .Hows that sound. ?
We would need to compile a list of teams and colors for me to implement.
Oh yeah....but I do like it simple.
Beef Wrote:Oh yeah....but I do like it simple.

me too. But i promise i wouldnt make any changes that would effect the userability. I just to enhance the experience as mush as possible :rock:
I like that idea to QQ!!! The template styles
Tomcat.. Im starting work in the Ashland theme right now. For test purposes. Instead of the BGR logo you will get a Ashland Tomcat logo. Hows that sound?
I like those ideas qq....I really l.ike the one with the different templates
Sounds complicated to me lol

QQ I will lay money on BCF4L asking tomorrow if BGG has previously wore the thongs you are going to be selling LOL
I love the template idea, QQ. Which BGR logo are you referring to that would change?
Ashland template now available.. Look at the bottom to change. More teams coming soon.
That is great, QQ. I love it. This will make everyone on the site feel right at home with their teams.
What's the logo look like for the shirts? I know that we fought with that forever back in the spring...lol
The template idea is sweet QQ.
The bookie system idea, sounds like so much fun it's sick, that would be really cool QQ.

This is the bes tsite in the state, by far!!!!

Keep up the good work.
All these ideas are AWESOME!
Can't think of anything right off, but sounds perfect so far.
Cannot wait to get my shirt and show it off. Smile
Everything sounds good, all we need now is a bar and a few dancers lol
I dont care what is done...everytime I visit..it is different and I dont know what is going on...and I am around you all the time...lol...