Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co. 44 Powell 41 final
Estill defeats Powell to advance to finals. Good job Lady 'Neers!! And congrats coach McKinnley!!
did anyone see this game got any details on the game?
Congrats EC!
Congrats Estill
Tied 9 -9 at end of 1st. Powell led by one at halftime, stretched the lead to seven twice in 2nd half...led the entire second half... Estill hit a couple of late 3's... took the lead 42-41 with around :30 seconds... Powell missed two free throws. Powell fouled with 7.8 seconds. Amber Minnix hit two free throws. Shelby Barnett missed a three at the end. Estill wins a barn burner 44 - 41. Slow pace all game, then frantic final couple of minutes.
It was great...I was so proud of those Lady 'Neers they played their hearts out tonite.....
Congrats Estil
It was a close game all the way through, going back and forth. The Lady Pirates of Powell has nothing to be ashamed of. They also played their hearts out. Congratulations go out to the Lady Engineers and their fine coaching staff.
Good game plan by Powell to slow it down and work for good shot. Had the lead by 7 with 2 minutes to play, missed a couple free throws Estill hit a big 3, then Powell missed some more free throws and didn't get back on defense and gave up a lay up, then had a turnover and gave up another layup then the game was tied. The last 30 seconds, Estill hit another big 3 and Powell missed a couple more free throws to tie. Was a great game, but it was Powell's to lose and they couldn't convert from the free throw line. Heck of a game, and definitely a great atmosphere.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Good game plan by Powell to slow it down and work for good shot. Had the lead by 7 with 2 minutes to play, missed a couple free throws Estill hit a big 3, then Powell missed some more free throws and didn't get back on defense and gave up a lay up, then had a turnover and gave up another layup then the game was tied. The last 30 seconds, Estill hit another big 3 and Powell missed a couple more free throws to tie. Was a great game, but it was Powell's to lose and they couldn't convert from the free throw line. Heck of a game, and definitely a great atmosphere.

In my opinion, this game was what high school basketball ( regardless of gender) was all about. Great game, kids playing their hearts out, and fans from both schools really cheering their players on. The cheerleaders were getting their fans into it and the repsective pep bands were adding to the energy and excitment. It was sad that someone had to lose, it was such a hard fought game on both ends. I loved the atmosphere and even though both side cheered on their team, and yeah, even cheered against the other teams, at the end of the game there were kids from both school talking and laughing mid-court. Yeah, these two schools have a rivalry that runs pretty deep, but it was nice to see so many of each school hanging together after the game. That speaks volumes about what kind of kids these really are, both schools should be commended! Great job lady Engineers and lady Pirates!! Great job fans, cheerleaders, bands, coaches and parents! TongueirateSho :Thumbs:
Will Powell Co. make a change at Head Coach this off season. When I look at Powell's team this year and their schedule I can't see why they didn't win at least 20 games this season.
I have been told that they have a lot of good young girls coming up in the next couple of years it will be a shame if they don't get a coach that will push them to get better and to be in better shape. I think that has been Powell's problem for a long time now they can't finish any games because they are so dead by the 4th.
lifeisgood Wrote:In my opinion, this game was what high school basketball ( regardless of gender) was all about. Great game, kids playing their hearts out, and fans from both schools really cheering their players on. The cheerleaders were getting their fans into it and the repsective pep bands were adding to the energy and excitment. It was sad that someone had to lose, it was such a hard fought game on both ends. I loved the atmosphere and even though both side cheered on their team, and yeah, even cheered against the other teams, at the end of the game there were kids from both school talking and laughing mid-court. Yeah, these two schools have a rivalry that runs pretty deep, but it was nice to see so many of each school hanging together after the game. That speaks volumes about what kind of kids these really are, both schools should be commended! Great job lady Engineers and lady Pirates!! Great job fans, cheerleaders, bands, coaches and parents! TongueirateSho :Thumbs:

Exactly........Congratulations girls, you made Estill County proud. Keep working and and go win a title.
congrats Lady Engineers
it was a great game.. the lady neers never stopped fighting and it paid off by winning the game by three good job lets get us a district title
Congrats Lady Engineers and good luck thursday night
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Will Powell Co. make a change at Head Coach this off season. When I look at Powell's team this year and their schedule I can't see why they didn't win at least 20 games this season.
I have been told that they have a lot of good young girls coming up in the next couple of years it will be a shame if they don't get a coach that will push them to get better and to be in better shape. I think that has been Powell's problem for a long time now they can't finish any games because they are so dead by the 4th.

149 wins in 9 seasons. not made regionin only 2yrs. let the stats tell what should be done.
149 wins vs. a very soft schedule every year I mean Powell should always get out of their district as weak as it is. Not to mention he had a couple of years he should have made a run at winning the region and didn't come close when he had Candi Walls, Sarah Tipton, and Brandy Lockart he had 3 of the top players in the region and couldn't get it done. His teams just don't play hard and the game has pasted him up thats all.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:149 wins vs. a very soft schedule every year I mean Powell should always get out of their district as weak as it is. Not to mention he had a couple of years he should have made a run at winning the region and didn't come close when he had Candi Walls, Sarah Tipton, and Brandy Lockart he had 3 of the top players in the region and couldn't get it done. His teams just don't play hard and the game has pasted him up thats all.
Excellent point!! Couldn't have said it better myself.
Central 40, Breathitt 19
Congrats Estill