Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#8 Univ of Cumberlands 25 -- #7 Pikeville 24
UC does a fake fieldgoal in the final 2 minutes and Pikeville is called for a questionable pass-intference leaving UC to knee the ball for the final 1:30.

Seems like this was a GREAT game. I only caught the final 5 minutes on the web cast.
darn
CRAP

Really looks like it was a heck of a game.
Why did they go for a fake fg? only down one. Makes no sense to me.
I knew this would be a dandy, how did Pikeville's passing game look tonight?
Watched most of the game. The bears couldnt put em away when they got a lead and cumberland kept the ball away from the bears for the bigger part of the fourth qtr. The bears will learn from this im sure
"Navigator" Wrote:I knew this would be a dandy, how did Pikeville's passing game look tonight?

Like pure crap.
darn i was hoping pville would win this one
"christv" Wrote:Why did they go for a fake fg? only down one. Makes no sense to me.
UC went for the fake FG when they were up one. Announcers said that the kicker was terrbile. Smile

But worked out for them
Their kicker wasn't terrible....PC blocked an extra point, but I don't think the refs should've called pass intereference with so much riding on the game. Let the players decide the outcome, shake it up PC and go get Gtown. As for the game, PC's defense was GREAT...it's hard to win a game when the defense is on the field for 42mins of the 60. Their offense needs to do something, the running game wasn't there tonight like it had been to pull the close games out and well the passing game was the same (new QB cough cough). Cumberlands is tough, but PC should've had it. Still have a shot at a playoff birth and potential conference championship. See you in Gtown everyone.