Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Spring Practice Still on the Table?
Are teams allowed to have spring practice this year as they have in recent years? If so, when does that usually occur?

For some reason, I feel like a rule change has eliminated this. :please:
PaytoPlay Wrote:Are teams allowed to have spring practice this year as they have in recent years? If so, when does that usually occur?

They can start Spring Ball 2 weeks after the last basketball game by there schools team.... and they have 15 days to get 10 practices in if I am not mistake.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
PaytoPlay Wrote:Are teams allowed to have spring practice this year as they have in recent years? If so, when does that usually occur?

The rule change eliminated the spring scrimmages or "passing leagues", the 7-7 games against other teams.
Stardust Wrote:The rule change eliminated the spring scrimmages or "passing leagues", the 7-7 games against other teams.

To further clarify, the rule change eliminated 7/7 competition against other schools during the month of June. Team were never allowed to have 7/7 competitions against other schools as part of Spring football. For Spring football, you were and are still permitted to get in 10 practices of a limited duration (2 hrs?) in the 15 day period as mentioned by another poster. You are not allowed to have any competition against other schools during those 10 practices.
Are "Blue/White" full contact scrimmages allowed?
Is it almost that time already
Real Badman Wrote:Are "Blue/White" full contact scrimmages allowed?

Yes they are allowed and many schools do have them. I think it would be great if Ky was like other states like Florida where spring ball is longer and ends with a scrimmage against another school.
Batpuff Wrote:They can start Spring Ball 2 weeks after the last basketball game by there schools team.... and they have 15 days to get 10 practices in if I am not mistake.

I am pretty sure that you can start spring practice the Monday following both girls and boys basketball team being eliminated from tournament play. Then you have 3 weeks to get in 10 practices. We here at Pikeville will have spring practice just like always.
they still have to wait until all basketball is over. That means girls basketball too right?
Yes..its the last game of either the Boys or Girls teams.
TRAIN85 Wrote:I am pretty sure that you can start spring practice the Monday following both girls and boys basketball team being eliminated from tournament play. Then you have 3 weeks to get in 10 practices. We here at Pikeville will have spring practice just like always.

correct.

Tennesse have Jamboree's which are scrimages against other teams to end spring practice. Seems it would be hard for Ky schools with limited numbers.
TRAIN85 Wrote:I am pretty sure that you can start spring practice the Monday following both girls and boys basketball team being eliminated from tournament play. Then you have 3 weeks to get in 10 practices. We here at Pikeville will have spring practice just like always.

Ur right, they start as soon as both basketball teams get beat out!!
Powell starts their's next Monday. March 2nd, I beleive.
when is most of the teams you now of starting spring practice
florida1 Wrote:when is most of the teams you now of starting spring practice

This monday coming up the 2nd i believe
I think LCC is going to start either Monday<-if it isn't spring break, or the first week of April. Don't know yet, but need to know so I can go watch. Go Cougars!
Belfry has started this week