Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 52 Pikeville 26
WOW :omg:
I think that says it all QQ.
This should make for some interesting predictions for paintsville/pikeville
What a game by Hazard tonight. Should be a dandy next week between the P-villes.
Ouch
I didn't expect this score.... congrats to Hazard!
Congrats to the the Dawgs...I talked to someone at the game and they said Olinger was doing whatever he wanted thru the air or on the ground. I thought for Hazard to win it would have to be a low scoring game...I was defintely wrong. Pikeville will be ready next week for Paintsville and I look for Pikeville to bounce back strong like Hazard did tonight. The 05 playoffs in class A are about as wide open as I can remember in a while heading into late October. Good luck to Hazard the rest of the year unless the Dawgs run into Pikeville again.
Congrats to Hazard !! What happen Pikeville?
what happens if Pikeville beats Paintsville. .who wins the district?
eleveneleven Wrote:what happens if Pikeville beats Paintsville. .who wins the district?

who knows...maybe Jenkins...lol
I figured Hazard would win, but not by this margin
the score kinda shocked me alittle wtg hazard
:bigeyed: Never expected this. From watching them both, I definately thought Pikeville was the better team.
The district is open now depending on who wins next week...I'll try to figure it out tomorrow if noone has aleady
Beef Wrote:The district is open now depending on who wins next week...I'll try to figure it out tomorrow if noone has aleady

Beef could you make the district breakdown a newshead line as well.

:rock:
it would be a 3 way tie for 1st in the district with phelps being the fourth man
PHSFAN Wrote:who knows...maybe Jenkins...lol

as of right now there is no way for pikeville to win the district. In other words the district will go as

1. Paintsville
2. Hazard
3. Pikeville
4. Phelps
I done some figuring and if the thing ends up in a 3way tie tonight Hazard has 4 non-district wins giving them 7pts. Pikeville has 2 non-district wins giving them 7 points and Paintsville has 3 non-district wins giving them 9 points. So if it ended tonight it would be...
Paintsville
Hazard
Pikeville
JKWON33 Wrote:I done some figuring and if the thing ends up in a 3way tie tonight Hazard has 4 non-district wins giving them 7pts. Pikeville has 2 non-district wins giving them 7 points and Paintsville has 3 non-district wins giving them 9 points. So if it ended tonight it would be...
Paintsville
Hazard
Pikeville

I don't think that's how the tiebreaker works, I think it goes on how many wins those non-district opponents have and you can throw P-burg out of the mix. All 3 teams defeated P-burg, so their score wouldn't really matter but I could be wrong you may be right.
Wow is right what happened to the Panthers...?
i had picked the panthers on this one but they suprised me
Pikeville played poorly!!!
The panthers defense had no answer for Olinger.
The offense was sluggish.
An interesting stat and very telling, Hazard ran 88 offensive plays to Pikeville's 47.
That puts a lot of pressure on the defense.
Hazard UNofficially 403 total net yards(316 passing)
Pikeville 234 yards rushing---275 total net yards.
Thats some impressive numbers by Hazards. Did the Pikeville defense just not show up at all?
316 passing yards is hard to beat no matter what team it is
if pikeville beats paintsville then there is a 3 way tiebreaker for the championship. if it does come down to a tie breaker, pikeville wins because they had the toughest schedual
I didn't think the KHSAA used the BCS strength of schedule format? I always thought it went by total wins by non-conference teams you beat.
Shocking score but congratulations to Hazard.
Beef might cry now...
T-Blankenship78 Wrote:if pikeville beats paintsville then there is a 3 way tiebreaker for the championship. if it does come down to a tie breaker, pikeville wins because they had the toughest schedual
Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not true.
The tie breaker is based on wins against non-district teams.
Here is a link to the tiebreaker rule.

http://www.khsaa.org/handbook/tournament...trules.pdf
fox sports Wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not true.
The tie breaker is based on wins against non-district teams.
Here is a link to the tiebreaker rule.

www.khsaa.org/handbook/tournamentrules/fbtournamentrules.pdf

If Pikeville were to win, for Pikeville to have a home playoff game they would need Hazard to lose, neglating the tie breaker and Pikeville would be district champs and that's my understanding. Pikeville having beaten P-burg and Corbin, all three have beating P-burg so Corbin who has 4 wins will probably get win #5 next week. Hazard has beaten PCC 1 win, KCC 3 wins and Berea has 1 win for a total of 5. PCC plays Madison Southern and KCC plays Breathitt Co., and Berea is done for the season. Paintsville has beaten Fairview with 5 wins and Betsy Layne who got 1 win from a forfeit of Cumberland, for a total of 6. Fairview plays LCA and Betsy Layne faces Jenkins in the final week.

If Pikeville, Corbin and Hazard win, Hazard would need PCC and KCC to win while Fairview and Betsy Layne lose. In this scenerio, Hazard would be district champs due to their 7 point non-district wins. Pikeville could place second if Pikeville, Hazard, KCC, PCC win and Fairview, and Betsy Layne lose. If Paintsville wins, they're outright district champs and any other scenerio for that matter they will be as well. This is just my understanding, and you can't take it to the bank for sure. So if I'm wrong someone please correct me. Bottomline is Paintsville needs to go up Pikeville take care of business and not play the waiting game. Let's go Tigers!!!!
MOJO Wrote:If Pikeville were to win, for Pikeville to have a home playoff game they would need Hazard to lose, neglating the tie breaker and Pikeville would be district champs and that's my understanding. Pikeville having beaten P-burg and Corbin, all three have beating P-burg so Corbin who has 4 wins will probably get win #5 next week. Hazard has beaten PCC 1 win, KCC 3 wins and Berea has 1 win for a total of 5. PCC plays Madison Southern and KCC plays Breathitt Co., and Berea is done for the season. Paintsville has beaten Fairview with 5 wins and Betsy Layne who got 1 win from a forfeit of Cumberland, for a total of 6. Fairview plays LCA and Betsy Layne faces Jenkins in the final week.

So unless Phelps beats Hazard next week, Pikeville will be on the road regardless of next weeks results. If Pikeville, Corbin and Hazard win, Hazard would need PCC and KCC to win while Fairview and Betsy Layne lose. In this scenerio, Hazard would be district champs due to their 7 point non-district wins. If Paintsville wins, they're outright district champs and any other scenerio for that matter they will be as well. This is just my understanding, and you can't take it to the bank for sure. So if I'm wrong someone please correct me. Bottomline is Paintsville needs to go up Pikeville take care of business and not play the waiting game. Let's go Tigers!!!!

Wouldnt all this be simple if Paintsville just rolls in to Pikeville and dominates? :#1: