Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 50 Allen Central 44
Congrats BL !
GREAT EFFORT A.C. !
Best game I have watched this year !
YES, congrats Betsy Layne, it took 5 players,3 refs and a coach (that should have had about 10 Ts called on him) and the Bobcats still WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe me---watch the game on Channel 5 and see for yourself.

One of the WORST called games I have watched in a long time.
Congrats BOBCATS!
That was the wrost called game I have ever seen in my life,They called a T on BL's Coach but not on AC's coach?
Congrats Cats! What happen to Allen Central? Weren't they up at one point by 8 or 10 points? How'd Betsy Layne manage to come back?

And does anyone have any stats?
Bl 50---acms 46

Dylan Hamilton 17 Pts
Chase Hall 13 Pts
Peyton Case 13 Pts
Dustin Rogers 3 Pts
Tyler Daniels 2 Pts
Blake Spencer 2 Pts

Acms

Justin Rife 14 Pts
Steven Goble 10 Pts
Junior Handshoe 9 Pts
Josh Crum 5 Pts
Zach Murphy 4 Pts
Mason Nelson 2 Pts

Great Atmosphere!!!hard Fought Game, Great Effort By Both Teams.
I couldn't have said it better myself!

onseer1 Wrote:YES, congrats Betsy Layne, it took 5 players,3 refs and a coach (that should have had about 10 Ts called on him) and the Bobcats still WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe me---watch the game on Channel 5 and see for yourself.

One of the WORST called games I have watched in a long time.
Bengal4Life Wrote:Congrats Cats! What happen to Allen Central? Weren't they up at one point by 8 or 10 points? How'd Betsy Layne manage to come back?

And does anyone have any stats?

CHASE HALL 13 point's was what happened 00 & 34 had to sit with foul's and Hall put the ball in the hole when they needed him to.good game Chase.
NIGHTRIDER Wrote:CHASE HALL 13 point's was what happened 00 & 34 had to sit with foul's and Hall put the ball in the hole when they needed him to.good game Chase.

Well congrats Chase! Way to put the team on your back and lead them to a victory.

What did Hamilton do?
Dylan did good, 17 points. They all did good considering the circumstances. The foul calling told the story in the first half, with 1-2 minutes left in the first half of the game--BL had 11 fouls and AC had 1. Go figure.

When games are called like this, no size of lead is enough until the final buzzer sounds.

It's easy to put somebody down, think about what your team would do in the same situation. These final games are very important to all schools.

The boys are playing hard and GOOD LUCK to all players and coaches.

GO BOBCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was at the game an a neutral fan. The T was deserved( you don't know what he said to the official) and should have maybe gotten another one later in the game. I also thought the AC coach should have had at least one. The game was not the greatest called game for either team but that happens. I thought the refs let the game get a little out of their hands early in the game. The foul difference was because of team style of play was different not the officials but that is what everyone wants to blame it on. BL sent 3-4 payer to the basket to rebound on every shot and AC only had 1 sometimes 2 and BL was the more physically aggressive team and teams like that will pick up more fouls. I thought they could have called a lot more fouls they way BL use their body to play defense and AC had a some defensive plays like block attempts that could have been called fouls. There was no question BL was the more talented team I just thought they came into the game thinking they had already won and the coach made some big mistakes in the first half. He did not push the ball and get AC in an up tempo game unitl the 4th quarter and AC fell apart then and he also had Hamilton outside moving around until the 4th when he went to the post. That kid is close to unstoppable on the post yet BL did not use that to their advantage until the 4th. BL started the game on a 12-2 run by pusing the ball then they stopped and AC got back in the game. As I said BL was the more talented team but I thought for 3 1/2 quarters AC played their hearts out and simply out played and more importantly out hustled BL and then in the 4th BL started to really want the game and done what they needed to do to get the win. Because I watch things like player fouls, turnovers, and T's and how they affect the game, I noticed after the T on BL the fould went from like 9-1 fouls in favor of AC to 14-6 fouls in favor of BL so really not a bad T.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I was at the game an a neutral fan. The T was deserved( you don't know what he said to the official) and should have maybe gotten another one later in the game. I also thought the AC coach should have had at least one. The game was not the greatest called game for either team but that happens. I thought the refs let the game get a little out of their hands early in the game. The foul difference was because of team style of play was different not the officials but that is what everyone wants to blame it on. BL sent 3-4 payer to the basket to rebound on every shot and AC only had 1 sometimes 2 and BL was the more physically aggressive team and teams like that will pick up more fouls. I thought they could have called a lot more fouls they way BL use their body to play defense and AC had a some defensive plays like block attempts that could have been called fouls. There was no question BL was the more talented team I just thought they came into the game thinking they had already won and the coach made some big mistakes in the first half. He did not push the ball and get AC in an up tempo game unitl the 4th quarter and AC fell apart then and he also had Hamilton outside moving around until the 4th when he went to the post. That kid is close to unstoppable on the post yet BL did not use that to their advantage until the 4th. BL started the game on a 12-2 run by pusing the ball then they stopped and AC got back in the game. As I said BL was the more talented team but I thought for 3 1/2 quarters AC played their hearts out and simply out played and more importantly out hustled BL and then in the 4th BL started to really want the game and done what they needed to do to get the win. Because I watch things like player fouls, turnovers, and T's and how they affect the game, I noticed after the T on BL the fould went from like 9-1 fouls in favor of AC to 14-6 fouls in favor of BL so really not a bad T.

So the Hamilton kid started to play down low in the 4th quarter?

How'd he do down there and how did Tyler Daniels do?
When Hamilton went to the paint he was a man among boys and scored at will. That with the faster play from BL turn the game late in the 4th.
[quote=Colonel Kill]I was at the game an a neutral fan. The T was deserved( you don't know what he said to the official)

COLONEL KILL, JUST WONDERING IF YOU WOULD LET US KNOW WHAT WAS SAID, SINCE YOU HEARD IT.
Colonel Kill I know what he said and I would bet that you don't know what was said. or you would not say it was deserved. He questioned the call, and disagreed Was he yelling at the ref? NO Did he use any foul language? NO Was he in the refs face? NO Was he out on the floor? No And as far as deserving another one , he was in his seat most of the night. Was the AC coach yelling?YES
Was he out on the floor? YES But did he get a T? NO, NO, NO,NO
Congrats BL
I don't know any middle school coach that would not be upset over the fouls at this game. When the BL coach got the T, the foul score was 12 BL and 1 AC. Maybe BL did have 12 fouls, ok we won't question that, but what MIDDLE SCHOOL could possibly go an entire half with only one foul. After BL coach got the T, there was around 2 minutes left in the half, the refs then called two more fouls on AC. A lot of people thought the fouls were way to lop-sided!! Way to go BL, you guys kept your composure, came away with the win. Congrats
Yes, Bengal4Life, everyone would like to know EXACTLY what was said. Since you say you know. It is very bad and wrong to accuse someone falsely!!!!!!!!!
onseer1 Wrote:Yes, Bengal4Life, everyone would like to know EXACTLY what was said. Since you say you know. It is very bad and wrong to accuse someone falsely!!!!!!!!!

Uhm I have been reading through these posts and I think you have mistaken ''Bengal4Life'' for some one else. Because what I have read he hasn't even talked about the T that was given.
Someone deleted their post last night, guess they didn't know what was said!!!
ahhh HOGWASH !!!LOL :lmao:
bleedin blue Wrote:ahhh HOGWASH !!!LOL :lmao:

Couldn't agree with you more!:rockon: