Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 50 - Prestonsburg 46
Final from Prestonsburg. The Blackcats were up 25 to 20 at the half.

Tough home loss for Prestonsburg.

Congrats Bulldogs!
Although Burchett & Setser didn't play, the Blackcats still outplayed LC for 3 quarters, but made some crucial mistakes down the stretch that cost them the game. Jody Tackett put on a show tonight for Pburg, as he had well over 20 points.

Congrats Bulldogs... great effort Blackcats!
Nice win on the road for the Dogs! Good game by both teams.
Any stats for LC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Lawrence Co. 13 7 15 15 50

Prestonsburg 10 15 15 6 46

Lawrence Co. (14-11) -- Thompson 7, Skaggs 8, Bowen 10, Frasher 6, Adkins 16, Roberts 3.
Prestonsburg (13-12) -- Stumbo 6, Patrick 6, Tackett 25, Tincher 5, Jamerson 2, Hall 2.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Although Burchett & Setser didn't play, the Blackcats still outplayed LC for 3 quarters, but made some crucial mistakes down the stretch that cost them the game. Jody Tackett put on a show tonight for Pburg, as he had well over 20 points.

Looks like they actually only outplayed them in the second quarter and that was only because the Tackett kid caught fire before the half or LC would have been up at the half as well.

Lawrence Co. 13 7 15 15

Prestonsburg 10 15 15 6
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Although Burchett & Setser didn't play, the Blackcats still outplayed LC for 3 quarters, but made some crucial mistakes down the stretch that cost them the game. Jody Tackett put on a show tonight for Pburg, as he had well over 20 points.

Don't forget that Gearheart went down in the first quarter! The only sub we had was Jamerson and he fouled out early in the fourth. He probably played about four minutes total. P-burg basically played the game with five players. I think some of the mistakes they made were caused by fatigue. I thought it was a great effort under the circumstances. Jody had a great game and Tincher was a beast on the boards. I think he had 14 or 15 rebounds.

Hopefully we can get everyone back before the District. Good luck Cats!
Congrats LC on the win.
Creeker Wrote:Looks like they actually only outplayed them in the second quarter and that was only because the Tackett kid caught fire before the half or LC would have been up at the half as well.

Lawrence Co. 13 7 15 15

Prestonsburg 10 15 15 6

Just because LC outscored Pburg in 2 quarters doesn't mean that the Blackcats still didn't outplay the Bulldogs. Pburg was without 2 players in this game, another player went down in the 1st half, but the Blackcats forced turnovers and had numerous 2nd chance opportunities.
Stardust Wrote:Lawrence Co. 13 7 15 15 50

Prestonsburg 10 15 15 6 46

Lawrence Co. (14-11) -- Thompson 7, Skaggs 8, Bowen 10, Frasher 6, Adkins 16, Roberts 3.
Prestonsburg (13-12) -- Stumbo 6, Patrick 6, Tackett 25, Tincher 5, Jamerson 2, Hall 2.

Lawrence County is 17-9 and plays Allen Central on friday which will proally put them 18-9 before districts start.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Just because LC outscored Pburg in 2 quarters doesn't mean that the Blackcats still didn't outplay the Bulldogs. Pburg was without 2 players in this game, another player went down in the 1st half, but the Blackcats forced turnovers and had numerous 2nd chance opportunities.
I wasn't trying to be smart... It is just that I have noticed on here that no matter who LC plays the other team always has something to say about how their team should have won or outplayed them, etc.. etc.. LC can never just come out and beat a team and go home the better team in the end, there always has to be something.
Sounds like it was a good game for both teams except the fourth for P-burg.

If the team does not win "putting on a show" really does not matter.
Congrats LC
congrats bulldogs
Creeker Wrote:I wasn't trying to be smart... It is just that I have noticed on here that no matter who LC plays the other team always has something to say about how their team should have won or outplayed them, etc.. etc.. LC can never just come out and beat a team and go home the better team in the end, there always has to be something.

Didn't try to say you where being smart. I was just impressed with how hard Prestonsburg played without one of their best players and another player who gets a fair share of minutes off the bench.

Lawrence County won, fair and square. I'm not complaining, I'm just referring to how I seen the game played.

goodguy Wrote:If the team does not win "putting on a show" really does not matter.

He scored 25 of Prestonsburg's 46 points. You can ask LC's players, I'm sure they would admit he was hitting everything he threw up, but he hurt his ankle late and come back in after sitting for a few minutes and wasn't the same.

Where you even there?
Congrats LC
I don't think his ankle slowed him down i think he just played the half of his life in the first and LC defense held him down after adjustment for the second half.
King_23 Wrote:I don't think his ankle slowed him down i think he just played the half of his life in the first and LC defense held him down after adjustment for the second half.

That was defiantly not the game of his life, as he has went for 20+ eight times this season.