Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis County wins OVC Championships
Lewis won both the 7th and the 8th grade championship. :worthy:

Lewis 7th grade beat Elliott Co with great defense and good rebounding, game was a struggle to score for both teams in the 1st half as Elliott lead 11-10, but Lewis held Elliott scoreless in the 3rd quarter to take a comfortable lead and defeated Elliott by about 8-10 pts. :Clap:

Lewis 8th grade defeated Raceland with clutch FT's down the stretch to secure a 5 pt win. This game was very physical and hard fought by both teams. Lewis lead by 1 at the half and by 2 after the 3rdQ and controlled tempo late in the game. :Cheerlead

I had watched Lewis play about 5 games this year and they really improved from the beginning of the year till now to win both championships. The players played much harder as of late and the coaches done a good job preparing them and making them better each game and playing their best basketball at the end of the season. :Thumbs:
Way to go to both teams. To all the teams in the 16th region Confusederved:

LCMS BASKETBALL IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!
Congrats to the Lions. Lewis made good adjustments and the Rams didn't. Yes, it was a very physical game and poorly officiated, but both ways. No team can say it was one-sided, just horrible for both teams.
Wow! These players both 7th and 8th grade need to be commended! Great coaching, playing with heart and skill. These boys deserved this win, they are a great bunch of athletes! Congrats to Raceland and Elliott Co. players too. They fought hard for the win, just came up short. I am so proud of this group of Lewis Co. Middle school players. They ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best to the coaches, Todd and Chuck!!!!!!!
Lewis Co. Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to Lewis Co. 7th and 8th grade basketball players. Job well done!:1: :bball: :1:
I just want to say that as a parent of an LC player, I am so very proud of both teams, people said that they couldn't do it without certain players who had previously transferred to another school.

Congratulations to ALL players and both coaches of Lewis County, this makes me very proud. Lewis County pride is alive and well!!
Congrats to both the 7th and 8th grade teams this is a great accomplishment.
CONGRATULATIONS LIONS!!!

I didn't get to see the games due to other commitments, but I'm very proud of them and I'm sure many from LC are.