Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley 75 - Powell 70
The Owls defeated the Pirates at home tonight. The Owls led by as much as 16, but the Pirates keep pulling back by the 7 3's by Powell's Reed. Congrats Owls. This game puts the Pirates against Lee County in the first round of the 56th District Tournament and Owsley against Estill.
Congrats Owls!
powell is improving big time... but congrats owsley, d evens had a great game.. to
I was disappointed in Owsley's defense. They allowed Powell to get open 3's all night long. Man defense is just not for them. Other than Evans, they don't have the quickness to play that type of D and they don't make the switches to stop anyone off picks. If they had zoned Powell tonight and extended it out on the 3 shooters they could have won this game by 25. Powell lit up the 3's, particularly Reed, but he had no D whatsoever on him. That's too easy.
And Owsley's best lineup imo is the Murrell twins, Peters, Williams, and Evans, with Johnson being the first man off the bench in the back court and Hardy the first in in the front court.
Powell Co. 7 16 21 26 70

Owsley Co. 13 14 27 21 75

Powell Co. (1-22) -- Arvin 8, Morton 8, Reed 36, Goodwin 9, Mays 2, Nolan 6, Scott 1.
Owsley Co. (7-14) -- Peters 5, Evans 34, Ti. Murrell 13, Williams 7, Hardy 7, Tr. Murrell 9
kentucky.com
Sounds like a good game. Would've loved to seen these teams actually play defense.
You sure can tell the ones who know basketball. Both teams played some zone and Owsley tried chasing reed but he had and great night. He did get some open shots but it was not because players did try it was because they gaambled on some passes and got burned. I agree powell has gotten better and Owsley also. I say this should be a great district tournamnet this year. Great job Owsley and keep playing Powell.:Clap:
speedy socks Wrote:You sure can tell the ones who know basketball. Both teams played some zone and Owsley tried chasing reed but he had and great night. He did get some open shots but it was not because players did try it was because they gaambled on some passes and got burned. I agree powell has gotten better and Owsley also. I say this should be a great district tournamnet this year. Great job Owsley and keep playing Powell.:Clap:

Are you implying that I don't know basketball? This is just theory but if I'm coaching and a kid is going off on my team as Reed and Evans did for their teams I would start denying him the ball and if he got it I would run a double team to make him give it up. Obviously Owsley shouldn't chase anyone if they gave up that many points to one kid. nor should Powell. If you will re-read the highlighted post you will see that you proved my point about not playing defense in this game playing defense doesn't mean giving up open shots or what I lke to call playing H.O.R.S.E. Good defensive units don't have to gamble they know the rotations and should be ready to act on each pass. Dive by's and improper close outs is not good defense. :Thumbs:
Great game by Powell and Owsley.
I am Not imply anything just stated that it was fast game and alot of quick shot which leads to poor defense I guess some gets hot, but I'm glad you support the Owls.
Congrats Owsley. and keep working Powell.
Congrats Owsley.