Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co Team?
Are they still going to have an all county team play teams from other counties? I remember someone said the Pike Co Team was in the works, any updates?
cslone Wrote:Are they still going to have an all county team play teams from other counties? I remember someone said the Pike Co Team was in the works, any updates?

I have only had responses from 3 coaches. I will be working on this very hard the next week so we shall see.
I think it would be great for the kids to get to play with and against the best players around. I think the kids would really enjoy it. My son is Kyle Oliver from Millard. I know he really wants to play, and I'm sure alot of other kids would as well.
This would be way to complicated for any of the belfry kids because BHS football wants them to get in the weightroom as soon as posible. And you talk about a drive where would the practices be at?
I have been working on it as well, it will be very hard, but I have talked to some supt. and there is 1 option avaiable, so we'll see
Much more likely to have Belfry and Possibly Virgie play in the tournament I am organizing but we'll see, I'm the owner of 15th RegionRoundup
I don't think doing a Pike County All Star team vs a Floyd County All Star team would be hard at all. We could have 2-3 practices at a central location and play possibly 2 games--1 at a Floyd County site and 1 at a Pike County site. We could either let the coaches vote on a team, or use the All Tournament team from the Pike County Tournament and the Floyd County Tournament.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I don't think doing a Pike County All Star team vs a Floyd County All Star team would be hard at all. We could have 2-3 practices at a central location and play possibly 2 games--1 at a Floyd County site and 1 at a Pike County site. We could either let the coaches vote on a team, or use the All Tournament team from the Pike County Tournament and the Floyd County Tournament.

Floyd County doesn't have an All-Tournament team.
Pond creek nation Wrote:This would be way to complicated for any of the belfry kids because BHS football wants them to get in the weightroom as soon as posible. And you talk about a drive where would the practices be at?

Wow. You can play basketball and lift weights too..........and people wonder why our basketball is in such bad shape at the high school......................
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I don't think doing a Pike County All Star team vs a Floyd County All Star team would be hard at all. We could have 2-3 practices at a central location and play possibly 2 games--1 at a Floyd County site and 1 at a Pike County site. We could either let the coaches vote on a team, or use the All Tournament team from the Pike County Tournament and the Floyd County Tournament.

I will get up with you Monday at school, and we will get the ball rolling.
Next I can't remember if I have your phone #. if not email it to me on the email address I gave you. Canoeman I have figured out a way to do that I will talk to you at game Monday.
I think it would be great to see the all tournament winners from Pike Co. play the all tournament winners from Floyd co. play a couple games.. This would be a great experience for all the boys. They maybe could learn some things from each other and it would also be great for them to socialize with each other on and off the floor. Would have the potential to let them learn and grow together as a team working together ... This is a great idea.....
canoeman06 Wrote:Floyd County doesn't have an All-Tournament team.

We could use the All Tournament team from Pike County, and let the coaches vote for the Floyd County team.
This would be awosme!
This is a great idea.