Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Co 7th - State Runner-Up
Congratulation to JC's 7th graders for a great state tournament. They had wins over Glasgow, Estill Co, Southern (Somerset), Scott Co, and Knox Co. They lost to Moss (Warren Central) in the finals and fatigue was a big factor. Also, congrats to Betsy Lane on the final 16 and narrowly missed the Elite 8.
Magoffin played well in the tournament and the 15th was represented well.
Sebastian also played well and the biggest surprise to me was Hazard losing both games by 2 points. They did not shoot the ball well and I still think they are a very good team.
Good Job Eagles!!!
Good job Eagles, We're all proud of you!!!!!
Congrats JC !
Johnson County Central played extremely well in the tournament and had a chance to win the championship but Shane Hall cramped up in the 2nd quarter and Moss opened up a big lead. Johnson just never could regain any momentum after that. I personally thought Shane Hall was the best player in the tournament. Johnson is building a basketball powerhouse. They will own the 15th region. Good job Eagles.
I thought you guys played very well. Final four after finishing runner-up last year is a great accomplishment. I thought that we wanted to play you in the finals but I changed my mind. (LOL) I think we were to tired to play anyone that game and losing to you once is enough for me. Some of these players will be there with the 8th grade next weekend. I will see you there.
Congats to all the teams, especially the mountains teams who represented us well. Good Job.
Shane had a very good tournament. He had a lot of help. Hunter Ratliff had a big game against Knox Co with a double double and played well this weekend.
Braxton Blair and Trevor Sherman played some of their best games this year. Truman Salyer uses his body well and plays very smart. Slade McPeek really can change a game with energy when he enters the game. No ones press gave us any trouble which comes from experience. Any one who doesn't think these tournaments and AAU aren't a big plus is missing out on so much. Final four last year, AAU champs last year and now runner-up is a lot to accomplish in 13 months. Hopefully, they will continue to build on this success.
JC has a great program in place and all of the kids are very talented. I seriously think they will be to the 15th what Clay was to the 13th when I was growing up, Sweet Sixteen every year!
:Cheerlead WAY TO GO JCMS ..YOU BOYS PLAYED VERY HARD AND IT SHOWED..SLADE,SHANE,BRAXTON,HUNTER,TREVOR,AND ALL THE REST WE COULDNT BE ANY PROUDER THAN WE ARE RIGHT NOW ....
How many of these kids were held back and should be in the 8th grade?
On the starting 5 there is one and he is still 13. Two of the starters are still 12.
Congrats Coach Shepherd And All Of The Boys!! You Did A Great Job This Year!!