Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 68 - Florida 65
Amun-Ra Wrote:I hate the ole goofy missed those free throws.....

[Image: http://%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i59.photobucket.c...%5B/IMG%5D]

[Image: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g297/r...hes-hd.jpg] = [Image: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g297/r...02-1-1.jpg][Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/%5B...%5B/IMG%5D]

HAHA, how is Patterson, didnt he hurt his ankle or something?
Stardust Wrote:Sounds like my house; But I bet your neighbors heard a loud "OH NO" when Calathes was found and headed to the line for 3 FT's

It was more like WTF!!! NO WAY and then some cuss words followed but when he missed that first one, I jumped from my seat once again. I just hope this gives them some confidence and maybe these players that stepped up big in this game can continue to play well.
Calathes is the best player in the SEC.
Galloway just proved that he should be starting...
I would ask this: once again, at halftime, Coach Gillispie pulled a "Bob Knight" with the female reporter. Why is this necessary? Her questions were decent enough. I'm pretty sure he heard her question, then didn't answer the one she asked. What's up with this?
Jodie Meeks,

strong, like Russian bear.

fast, like dancing butterfly.

wits, like swimming dolphin.
Was very impressed with Galloway. He has earned a starting position in my opinion. Nice finish by the Cats.
Aslan Wrote:Calathes is the best player in the SEC.

You should be CANED for such blasphomy Big Grin
This should be the turn-around game the Cats as a lot of people predicted. I want to continue to see more minutes from Galloway and less from Liggins like we saw last night.

Way to go Cats!
I was there and it was one of the happiest moments of my life. Watching N.C. miss those 3 free throws was just heaven to me. It was bull how many fouls they called for N.C. though, every time he went down they called a foul for him. Harrleson, Miller, and Galloway played great.
I couldnt watch that last shot Jodie threw up, I felt like I was ready to throw up lol. That play was defing while Nick C shot those last free throws. I have never heard Rupp so loud.
thecavemaster Wrote:I would ask this: once again, at halftime, Coach Gillispie pulled a "Bob Knight" with the female reporter. Why is this necessary? Her questions were decent enough. I'm pretty sure he heard her question, then didn't answer the one she asked. What's up with this?
I Didnt get to see the 1st half, what question did she ask him?
thecavemaster Wrote:I would ask this: once again, at halftime, Coach Gillispie pulled a "Bob Knight" with the female reporter. Why is this necessary? Her questions were decent enough. I'm pretty sure he heard her question, then didn't answer the one she asked. What's up with this?

What did I miss, I didn't take offense to anything that he said (or didn't say)
everyone should go read this. gave me chills. Big Grin

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/s...ortCat=ncb
^

.....Losers of three straight, the Cats had played their way onto the outskirts of the NCAA tournament bubble, in danger of missing the Big Dance for the first time since the program was on probation in 1991. With another loss, all those Kentucky fans who take vacation days in March to follow their team might have nowhere to go. Hope was on the ropes.

Not only that, they were on the brink of an all-time low -- their first-ever three-game home losing streak in Southeastern Conference play. Kentucky has been in the conference since 1933, so we're merely talking about a 76-year run.

To stave off historic ignominy, the Wildcats merely needed to slay the program that has owned it and the Southeastern Conference.

Florida had beaten Big Blue seven of the last eight meetings. It has won two national titles and visited three Final Fours since Kentucky last hung a truly significant banner in Rupp. And Florida's coach, Billy Donovan, had spurned an all-out effort by UK to make him its coach in 2007........

...Nick Calathes stood at the foul line with the air vibrating around him.

For those few seconds, the sound in Rupp went beyond intrusive to percussive. It pressed upon the eardrums. It messed with the mind.

The decibel level at Rupp Arena reached epic levels with Nick Calathes at the free throw line with less than a second remaining.It won the game.

"That's the loudest I've ever heard Rupp Arena," said Kentucky guard Jodie Meeks, whose miracle 3-pointer with 4.7 seconds left would be the difference between agony and ecstasy.

Meeks is correct, but he's only a kid. I've been attending games here for 21 years, and I've never heard it as loud as the moment when Florida's splendid guard stepped to the line with three shots to tie. Not when Rex Chapman was soaring or Pitino's Bombinos were scoring 100 points. Other longtime Rupp regulars concurred.

It wasn't just loud. It was desperately loud. It was Calathes against all the audio force Kentucky's fandom could throw at him.....
Stardust Wrote:What did I miss, I didn't take offense to anything that he said (or didn't say)

She asked him what UK was going to do to stop Calathes, he said he didn't hear the question. She repeated the question and he rambled about some things UK could be doing better, but never really addressed how they were going to stop Calathes.

I didn't really think it was a big deal IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great Job Cats!

Jodie Meeks is nothing short than Amazing!
ComfortEagle Wrote:She asked him what UK was going to do to stop Calathes, he said he didn't hear the question. She repeated the question and he rambled about some things UK could be doing better, but never really addressed how they were going to stop Calathes.

I didn't really think it was a big deal IMO.

So, he went political Big Grin
I thought the Cats looked great at times tonight but gave up to many easy buckets due to being lazy a few times on defense. I was really impressed with the bench play tonight for them especially Harrellson and Galloway, if they can get this kind of effort from the bench every game and they start clicking they could get back on track and be dangerous. Congrats Wildcats on a much needed win. Hope Patterson is alright.
Stardust Wrote:^

.....Losers of three straight, the Cats had played their way onto the outskirts of the NCAA tournament bubble, in danger of missing the Big Dance for the first time since the program was on probation in 1991. With another loss, all those Kentucky fans who take vacation days in March to follow their team might have nowhere to go. Hope was on the ropes.

Not only that, they were on the brink of an all-time low -- their first-ever three-game home losing streak in Southeastern Conference play. Kentucky has been in the conference since 1933, so we're merely talking about a 76-year run.

To stave off historic ignominy, the Wildcats merely needed to slay the program that has owned it and the Southeastern Conference.

Florida had beaten Big Blue seven of the last eight meetings. It has won two national titles and visited three Final Fours since Kentucky last hung a truly significant banner in Rupp. And Florida's coach, Billy Donovan, had spurned an all-out effort by UK to make him its coach in 2007........

...Nick Calathes stood at the foul line with the air vibrating around him.

For those few seconds, the sound in Rupp went beyond intrusive to percussive. It pressed upon the eardrums. It messed with the mind.

The decibel level at Rupp Arena reached epic levels with Nick Calathes at the free throw line with less than a second remaining.It won the game.

"That's the loudest I've ever heard Rupp Arena," said Kentucky guard Jodie Meeks, whose miracle 3-pointer with 4.7 seconds left would be the difference between agony and ecstasy.

Meeks is correct, but he's only a kid. I've been attending games here for 21 years, and I've never heard it as loud as the moment when Florida's splendid guard stepped to the line with three shots to tie. Not when Rex Chapman was soaring or Pitino's Bombinos were scoring 100 points. Other longtime Rupp regulars concurred.

It wasn't just loud. It was desperately loud. It was Calathes against all the audio force Kentucky's fandom could throw at him.....

This is beautiful.
More Cowbell Wrote:And they say Kentucky is a one-man team... Rolleyes

Congrats to the Cats on a big win tonight. Harrelson and Galloway both had to have their best games of the season, and Meeks had to hit a ridiculous shot at the end, but we pulled it out.

Back into a three-way tie in the East w/ Florida and SC.

one game how about te other 22!!!:confused:
Not saying that calathes didnt choke becasue he did but meeks missed 2 or three free throws too..lol
Stardust Wrote:You should be CANED for such blasphomy Big Grin

Well he did out play everyone out there you have to say.... I was most impressed with gallloway and HarrelsonBig Grin
Quote:theVILLE Not saying that calathes didnt choke becasue he did but meeks missed 2 or three free throws too..lol
He didn't miss any when the game was on the line.

I was so tired of hearing all the butt love for Calathes. Yes he is the best player on Florida but the way they kept talking about him was beyond ridiculous. His game face?!?! Seriously they had never seen one like his. It was like they were making stuff up just so they could love his butt more.
i really hope calathes dont come out next next game look'n like the joker then everyone in the country will be screwed...LMAO
theVILLE Wrote:: I was most impressed with gallloway and HarrelsonBig Grin
:eek: thanx first time i've ever seen you give anyone on UK props!!!