Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toby Keith Incident in Pikeville
PIKEVILLE, Ky. (AP) - Country music singer Toby Keith offered a fan more than hit performances at a recent eastern Kentucky concert.

The Appalachian News-Express reports that Keith went into the audience and offered to fight a man who threw a beer at the stage during a concert Saturday night.

Keith's publicist, Elaine Schock, says the incident began with the man being disruptive during the concert at the Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center.

After the man threw a beer, Keith left the stage and chased him down. Schock says that when Keith caught up to the man, he told him words to the effect of, "If you want a piece of me, I'm right here."

Schock and Exposition Center manager Steve St. John say there was no fight, but the incident received national attention when a video of Keith's apology to the crowd was posted to TMZ.com.
---
Information from: Appalachian News-Express,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'd probably throw a beer at him too. I can't stand Toby Keith, but at least he did something about it I guess.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/09/toby-keith...er-tosser/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
if someone threw beer on me i'd do the same thing TK did
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
National recognition for Pikeville! Woot! Big Grin
I thought him leaving the stage was part of the show at first...then the camera followed him and showed Toby grab the guy and quickly cut away. I had a buddy sitting near it and said that some guy got mad at Toby because his girl flashed her "cans" at him...so he got tough and threw a beer and flashed the bird at him. Moron.
IRISH4 Wrote:I thought him leaving the stage was part of the show at first...then the camera followed him and showed Toby grab the guy and quickly cut away. I had a buddy sitting near it and said that some guy got mad at Toby because his girl flashed her "cans" at him...so he got tough and threw a beer and flashed the bird at him. Moron.

I don't care who you are, thats pretty funny! Big Grin
hahah. he should have seen that one coming..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Sounds like he got jealous that his girl wanted Keith! Big Grin
That's awesome and yet another reason adult beverages should never be sold at events like this.
Jshort5 Wrote:National recognition for Pikeville! Woot! Big Grin

yeah, but not really the kind we want Sad I don't think he'll be coming back to Pikeville
Another great act by some moron! And they wonder why there aren't more concerts in the Expo? Stupid stuff like this and you couldn't blame any performer for not wasting their time coming to Pikeville.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:yeah, but not really the kind we want Sad I don't think he'll be coming back to Pikeville

EXACTLY what I opened this to say. We don't want nor need this kind of attention, it's negative enough already. And I agree that Pikeville probably won't be seeing him again. ZZ Top is another band that learned their lesson in coming here as well. If fans and Expo Center personnel alike keep this up, no one will agree to play there.

EKY Sportster Wrote:Another great act by some moron! And they wonder why there aren't more concerts in the Expo? Stupid stuff like this and you couldn't blame any performer for not wasting their time coming to Pikeville.

More and more performers are going to "waste their time" coming to Pikeville.
Didn't notice the full house in the video???
Sounds like a guy couldn't stand the jealousy and almost got it handed to him. Makes me like Toby Keith much more!
I heard that Toby wasn't really that big in size as he looks.

Thats what I heard to. But either he knew he wouldn't get a chance to fight or just knew he could back it up.
Sad thing is, the promoter of Toby Keith also promotes people like Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, etc. I'd say our shot at them just went out the window as well. These freaking check drawers need to stay at the house and spend their free money on something else if they're going to act like this. Exactly the reason Eastern KY has the stereotypes we have.
jetpilot Wrote:More and more performers are going to "waste their time" coming to Pikeville.
Didn't notice the full house in the video???

Actually, that was the most people I have ever seen at a concert here.
BCF4L Wrote:Sad thing is, the promoter of Toby Keith also promotes people like Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, etc. I'd say our shot at them just went out the window as well. These freaking check drawers need to stay at the house and spend their free money on something else if they're going to act like this. Exactly the reason Eastern KY has the stereotypes we have.

I don't think so. There are incidents like this everywhere. Toby Keith should have let security handle it. I don't think it's that big of a stink. If some fool throwing a cup of beer is the worst thing you ever have to put up with, you've got it made.Cool
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:yeah, but not really the kind we want Sad I don't think he'll be coming back to Pikeville
Neither will ZZ Top after someone stole their Rock n Roll Hall of Fame rings.
DevilsWin Wrote:Neither will ZZ Top after someone stole their Rock n Roll Hall of Fame rings.

What? Someone stole their rings? Never heard of that...
jetpilot Wrote:I don't think so. There are incidents like this everywhere. Toby Keith should have let security handle it. I don't think it's that big of a stink. If some fool throwing a cup of beer is the worst thing you ever have to put up with, you've got it made.Cool
There are not incidents like this everywhere. I know the promoter that brought TK to Pikeville and rest assured he won't be bringing anyone back to Pikeville.

There are arenas all over the country that will sell out a TK show.

TK and the like don't need Pikeville.

You Pikeville people were so proud to have the Expo center, but now its turned into the largest Dive bar in Kentucky.
Jshort5 Wrote:What? Someone stole their rings? Never heard of that...
Yep!
DevilsWin Wrote:Yep!

I wouldn't come back either...
The Expo is just a big version of Marlows!
Just making the stereo types people have about us look true.
DevilsWin Wrote:The Expo is just a big version of Marlows!
:thatsfunn :thatsfunn
DevilsWin Wrote:The Expo is just a big version of Marlows!

Atleast Marlow's was BYO though, I heard it was $7 for a draft up there.
alfus21 Wrote:I'd probably throw a beer at him too. I can't stand Toby Keith, but at least he did something about it I guess.

Wink I can't disagree with that