Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MASON COUNTY BOYS WIN Freshman DISTRICT
http://maysville-online.com/articles/200...ptrack.txt

-- The Mason County freshman boys captured the 39th District title Saturday in Augusta on a dominating performance by Tyler Black.

The Royals (11-3) defeated Bracken County, 49-38 in the final. They will advance to next week's regional tournament at at the winner of the 38th District.

The Royals came roaring back with a 29-15 margin in the second half after trailing by three at intermission.

Black turned in his second consecutive double-double, scoring 33 points and grabbing 14 rebounds.

In the opening-round game Mason County defeated St. Patrick, 74-41. as Black posted 20 points and 10 rebounds. Three other Royals scored in double figures: Tanner Walton and Connor Osborne with 13 points apiece. Josh Harris added 10.

Mason County 74: Black 20, Walton 13, Osborne 13, Harris 10, Hamm 7, Taylor 4, Moore 3, Henry 2, McFarland 2

St. Patrick 41: Gallenstein 20, Slack 10, Keating 5, Kerns 3, Heller 2, Peundente 1.

Mason County 49: Black 33, Walton 6, Osborne 5, Henry 3, Hamm 2.

Bracken County 38: Williams 12, Appleman 10, Cummins 7, Hamilton 5, Ray 2, Riggs 2.
Congrats to Trevor Taylor and the Mason Co. Frosh
I guess this team just gonna keep dominating everythign for next little bit? I hate it when one team has a powerhouse for more than 2 yrs in a row.
DJCOOL Wrote:I guess this team just gonna keep dominating everythign for next little bit? I hate it when one team has a powerhouse for more than 2 yrs in a row.

I've got to credit MC's dedication to building the program from the youth level. I feel they do more for promoting and supporting their teams and preparing them for HS basketball than any other program in the state.

Do you want to know what Mason Co's Varsity offensive sets and defensive strategy is? Watch their 4th grade team! they literally work their program all the way down to the gras root level with direct involvement from the Varsity level coaches.
Stardust Wrote:I've got to credit MC's dedication to building the program from the youth level. I feel they do more for promoting and supporting their teams and preparing them for HS basketball than any other program in the state.

Do you want to know what Mason Co's Varsity offensive sets and defensive strategy is? Watch their 4th grade team! they literally work their program all the way down to the gras root level with direct involvement from the Varsity level coaches.

I have watched afew games this year,and the Royals have some young talent coming up,that's for sure.They have a couple 7th grader's that stand out in my mind..And their 6th grade team has 3 or 4 players that can play.Maybe someone closer to the program can give us more information on who the kids are coming up,and what we can expect to see in a couple years or so.