Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match-ups You Want to See
Create some match ups you would drive to see.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Create some match ups you would drive to see.

Bell Co vs Highlands
I will stay with Knetucky vs Kentucky matchups

1-Pikeville at Pike Central
2-Belfry vs Beechwood
3-Lawrence County vs Cooper
Raceland vs Hazard
PCC vs Belfry
Beechwood vs Hazard (again)
Frankfort vs Hazard
Breathitt Co vs Corbin
Corbin vs Beechwood

The list could go on and on.
Harlan County vs Highlands.

I'm guessing this will happen someday Harlan County starts their first year in
5A.
Belfry vs Bell
Highlands vs Hazard
Perry Central vs South Laurel
Corbin vs Perry Central
Louisville Cent. vs Belfry
Bell vs Johnson
Bell vs Corbin
Breathitt vs Perry Central
Breathitt vs Bell
Breathitt vs St. X or Trinity...just like to see what Channing Fugate could do to a real Defense
I am glad that Highlands is playing Louisville Manual at the start of the 2009 season... I am curious to see how how this matchup will go. Over the past several years, Manual has been a high-level Class 6A (old 4A) program (behind T and X but right there with Male).

I would also like to see Highlands play John Hardin. I thought this game was going to happen last postseason but JH didn't make it to the state finals.
king360 Wrote:Belfry vs Bell
Highlands vs Hazard
Perry Central vs South Laurel
Corbin vs Perry Central
Louisville Cent. vs Belfry
Bell vs Johnson
Bell vs Corbin
Breathitt vs Perry Central
Breathitt vs Bell
Breathitt vs St. X or Trinity...just like to see what Channing Fugate could do to a real Defense

Bell and Johnson Central will happen in 09. We will never see Breathitt, Corbin play Bell Co.
Pikeville VS. Somerset. I miss those games.
HHS vs. Trinity
Amped 88 Wrote:Bell and Johnson Central will happen in 09. We will never see Breathitt, Corbin play Bell Co.

Glad to see the JC and Bell Game! The JC Bell game and the JC Belfrey game should help settle who is best in the mountians.
Raceland vs. anybody in the State championship
Jarons Wrote:Raceland vs. anybody in the State championship

I like that one.
why doesnt pike central play pikeville?
Breathitt vs Hazard- Great to see these two spread offenses go against each other
Breathitt vs PCC- I guess these two teams will be playing this year, plus there is no love lose between these two.
Breathitt vs LCC- Just wounder how Breathitt would do against a team like LCC or even Highlands.
Breathitt vs Bell- This would be a heck of a matchup. The coach that started everything at Breathitt and the coach that has built a powerhouse.
Pikeville/Pike Central
Pikeville/Shelby Valley
Prestonsburg/Russell
Prestonsburg/Johnson Central
Fort Campbell/Beechwood
C.Clair Wrote:Breathitt vs Hazard- Great to see these two spread offenses go against each other
Breathitt vs PCC- I guess these two teams will be playing this year, plus there is no love lose between these two.
Breathitt vs LCC- Just wounder how Breathitt would do against a team like LCC or even Highlands.
Breathitt vs Bell- This would be a heck of a matchup. The coach that started everything at Breathitt and the coach that has built a powerhouse.

Back when I played in the early 90's Bell Co. owned Breathitt. It wasnt much of a game at all.
Trenches07 Wrote:Back when I played in the early 90's Bell Co. owned Breathitt. It wasnt much of a game at all.

Maybe that is why they don't play today.
Lou. Central and Bell County
Maryville, TN and Lou. Trinty

......and from a little different perspective I would like to see
Corbin and St. X
M'boro and St. X
I would love to see the KHSAA fix 6A back to the old format to allow a real state title game.

Trinity Vs. ST Xavier

or a match up of the most talked about schools in the state, and probably the best overall teams in

Trinity Vs. Highlands
Also a Bell vs. Belfry game would be amazing to watch, just for fun, i would watch if they played it even as a scrimmage.

More great match-ups would be

-Central vs Ft. Campbell-The Fastest and most raw talented teams in the state.

-Breathitt vs. Calloway Co-Match up of pure spread offenses, with two of the RB in the state

-Frankfort vs. Bryan Station-I would really like to see how Quan Weaver does against his own Speed.

I would also like to Breathitt or Belfry, schedule a city school late in the season. I know it would be tough to work out, so maybe even the PC Bowl, to get them ready or to get a preview of the State title game.

Im not saying its a two team race in the east, but i believe if the got a team like Western, Bryan Station, J-Town or Iroquois on the schedule it would pay off as it wouldnt be a cultural shock in the title game, when the game is faster agaisnt Central.
Patriot Wrote:Harlan County vs Highlands.

I'm guessing this will happen someday Harlan County starts their first year in
5A.

Is Harlan moving to 5A in 2009?
Yes, Im not sure about the district though.

I believe they will be in the Clay County, Letcher County Central, North Laurel, Perry County Central, Whitley County one, but that would make a 6 team district, which is almost unheard of
Hazard and Beechwood again
Hazard and Corbin, i think they play this year.
Breathitt and Bell
Bell and Belfry
Highland and St-X
Highland and Trinity
Trinity (tx) and Trinity (ky)
Trinity (tx) and St-x (ky)
St-X(ky) and St-X (oh)
Louisville Central vs. Bell
Beechwood vs. Belfry
The Iceboxx Wrote:Yes, Im not sure about the district though.

I believe they will be in the Clay County, Letcher County Central, North Laurel, Perry County Central, Whitley County one, but that would make a 6 team district, which is almost unheard of

Yes, this is the district we will be in in 2009. Smile
Shelby Valley vs Pikeville
Belfry vs P-burg
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:Yes, this is the district we will be in in 2009. Smile

That could be a fun game. I'm guessing if they are in that district and supposing Highlands and Harlan make it that far in the playoffs, this would be the match up before the state game. Much like the Whitely / Highlands game this year. Also if this happens, the game would be played at Highlands.:Cheerlead
Pike Central vs. Pikeville...but Pikeville will never play it !
Salimander Wrote:Pike Central vs. Pikeville...but Pikeville will never play it !

Not until PC is able to put a decent team on the field. Pikeville already has to play too many weak teams.