Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Football Preseason Rankings
Who will be the top 5 teams in College Football next season?

This is my top 5:
1) Oklahoma.
2) Texas.
3) Florida.
4) Alabama.
5) USC.

(Florida would be #1 if they had better, more experienced receivers, but I know 2 of their receivers, including Percey Harvin, went to the NFL Draft)
it doesnt matter, Florida should be number one because of 2 words.. TIM TEBOW!!!!
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Who will be the top 5 teams in College Football next season?

This is my top 5:
1) Oklahoma.
2) Texas.
3) Florida.
4) Alabama.
5) USC.

(Florida would be #1 if they had better, more experienced receivers, but I know 2 of their receivers, including Percey Harvin, went to the NFL Draft)

1. Texas
2. Florida
3. USC
4. Oklahoma
5. Alabama
runninrebs21 Wrote:it doesnt matter, Florida should be number one because of 2 words.. TIM TEBOW!!!!

I hate to say it, but Tim Tebow is going to have a worse season next year. He will still be good, just not as good without his receivers.
Florida is #1. They have a Heisman Trophy winning quarterback who has won two national titles. They also acquired the #10 class this year, they have earned their top spot in the preseason.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Florida is #1. They have a Heisman Trophy winning quarterback who has won two national titles. They also acquired the #10 class this year, they have earned their top spot in the preseason.

Exactly. Tebow makes everyone around him better. Don't get me wrong losing Percy will hurt, but they will be just fine and make it back to back!
runninrebs21 Wrote:Exactly. Tebow makes everyone around him better. Don't get me wrong losing Percy will hurt, but they will be just fine and make it back to back!

As bad as I hate to say it, you're probably right.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Exactly. Tebow makes everyone around him better. Don't get me wrong losing Percy will hurt, but they will be just fine and make it back to back!

You Florida fans are too crazy for Tim Tebow. I know a question that will make you question Tebow! Who would win in a fight? Tim Tebow vs. Chuck Norris
I am by no means a Florida fan. I like Tim Tebow and thinks he deserves most of the credit for everything Florida has received.. and Tebow could take Chuck Norris lol
Chuck has all the skills, Tebow has all the heart, like Pacino said "It's the man who is willing to die who is going to win the fight"
Florida is probably one of my least fav teams in college football
1. Cus they win alot.
2. There in the SEC.
However I heard(seems like on espn), that they return everyone on defense(backups too). Also they return Tebow and alot of the offense besides Percy. I have the upmost respect for Tebow off the football field and how gives God all the credit for his success.:thumpsup:
1a. Florida (Tebow makes any player around him better)
1b. USC (was as good if not better than FL, has a better QB than Sanchez who sat the bench last year)
3. Texas (Loaded on Offense, lost a few key players on D)
4. Oklahoma (Has most key position players back)
5. Ohio State (only have to replace and often injured Beanie Wells at RD, has the best LB depth in the Nation, thus no issue replacing Laurenitus)
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Who will be the top 5 teams in College Football next season?

This is my top 5:
1) Oklahoma.
2) Texas.
3) Florida.
4) Alabama.
5) USC.

I dont understand how you can put OU in front of UF when UF returns all 11 starters on D. That is the same D that held the OU offense to only 14 points in the National Championship game. IMO UF is the #1 team.
NIKE2010 Wrote:I dont understand how you can put OU in front of UF when UF returns all 11 starters on D. That is the same D that held the OU offense to only 14 points in the National Championship game. IMO UF is the #1 team.

The reason I put Oklahoma above Florida is because Florida's top 2 receivers went into the NFL Draft. When I looked, I did see that Oklahoma's three of their five best receivers were going to the Draft, but you have to remember Oklahoma's two top running backs and their tight end (who some said was the best tight end in the nation) is coming back for next year. Also, you have to remember Oklahoma has about eight starters returning for their defense.

Also, I like Sam Bradford as the better 'true' quarterback. I expect him to grow as a quarterback as Tim Tebow did.

I admit, Florida has the ability to prove me wrong. I think a lot of Oklahoma's offensive line went to the NFL Draft as well.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:The reason I put Oklahoma above Florida is because Florida's top 2 receivers went into the NFL Draft. When I looked, I did see that Oklahoma's three of their five best receivers were going to the Draft, but you have to remember Oklahoma's two top running backs and their tight end (who some said was the best tight end in the nation) is coming back for next year. Also, you have to remember Oklahoma has about eight starters returning for their defense.

Also, I like Sam Bradford as the better 'true' quarterback. I expect him to grow as a quarterback as Tim Tebow did.

I admit, Florida has the ability to prove me wrong. I think a lot of Oklahoma's offensive line went to the NFL Draft as well.

I understand with what your saying about Oklahoma having some of there best offensive players back. All Florida will do is just reload on the offensive side of the ball with people who run a 4.4 fourty or faster. Plus they also have Tebow, who some people say is one of the best college football players EVER. I just think with all 11 starters back on D they will be the #1 team and will win the title again.
1.Oklahoma
2.Florida
3.Texas
4.USC
5.Ohio St.
LoL, Gator Haters all OVER this thread. Your team beats a team heads up in the Natl. Champ. and still people rank that team ahead of you when you return your entire defense and most of your offense, not to mention a Heisman winning quarterback.
But hey have lost Harvin i know they still have rainey and all of them other quick cats lol but i think Oklahoma will be ranked #1 in the preseason
Oklahoma lost 3 of their top 5 WR's, how's that less than losing Harvin?
1.Florida
2.Texas
3.Oklahoma
4.Bama
5.USC
PC_You_Know Wrote:Oklahoma lost 3 of their top 5 WR's, how's that less than losing Harvin?

You also have to remember Oklahoma still has a GREAT tight end and two good running backs coming back. Harvin was a running back and the leading wide receiver for Tebow.

In order for everyone to see what I'm talking about, look at Tebow in his sophmore year. He had two senior wide receivers and he had a Heisman year. In Tebow's junior year, he's still good but not as good because of the loss of those two receivers. That's what I'm arguing now. Tebow is a great football player, but I expect a drop in his stats next year because of the loss of his top 2 receivers. Also, I expect a small drop in Florida's rushing stats since Harvin had the second most rushing yards on the team.

As a result, the Florida Gators are going to have a better defense from last year with the 11 starters coming back, but I believe they're going to have a slightly worse offense.
I hate Florida as much as anyone on here, but they are the best team in college football. Sure it will be tough to replace Percy Harvin, but they have enough athletes on that sideline to reload at the WR position. Plus they return there entire defense.
Florida is #1 until someone knocks them off, simple as that. they have reloaded with their incoming class and will be just fine.

Not one person should have tOSU in the top 5 for next year because for one they were not a top 5 team this year and they will have less experience coming back.

Oklahoma is a top 5 and so is Texas and Alabama. USC rounds out the top 5.

I can not wait till football season starts the SEC is going to be rough, especially with UK's incoming class and the toughness of LSU, Alabama, and Florida.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:You also have to remember Oklahoma still has a GREAT tight end and two good running backs coming back. Harvin was a running back and the leading wide receiver for Tebow.

In order for everyone to see what I'm talking about, look at Tebow in his sophmore year. He had two senior wide receivers and he had a Heisman year. In Tebow's junior year, he's still good but not as good because of the loss of those two receivers. That's what I'm arguing now. Tebow is a great football player, but I expect a drop in his stats next year because of the loss of his top 2 receivers. Also, I expect a small drop in Florida's rushing stats since Harvin had the second most rushing yards on the team.

As a result, the Florida Gators are going to have a better defense from last year with the 11 starters coming back, but I believe they're going to have a slightly worse offense.

Well it wasn't exactly Florida's O that won the Title for them, it was their D holding Oklahoma to so few points.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well it wasn't exactly Florida's O that won the Title for them, it was their D holding Oklahoma to so few points.

:Thumbs: