Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could coach anywhere in the state where would it be?
I would stay with a mountain team and say Knott, i would try to rebuild this team into a power house..but outside the mountains i would choose Bowling Green...What about everyone else?
Knott or Perry.
Id take a challenge....PHELPS!
Real Badman Wrote:Id take a challenge....PHELPS!

I would also add Phelps to mine too.
Prestonsburg, Pikeville, or Paintsville.
Pikeville.
1A - LCA or Hazard (The east side is a hard road to get out of)
2A - Corbin, Danville, P-burg, Newport Central Cath
3A - Belfry or Breathitt
4A - Bell Co, Lex Cath. Boyle Co
5A - Highlands
6A - St. X or Trinity
cj2561 Wrote:1A - LCA or Hazard (The east side is a hard road to get out of)
3A - Belfry or Breathitt
5A - Highlands
6A - St. X or Trinity

You have some good picks I would have to agree.
cj2561 Wrote:1A - LCA or Hazard (The east side is a hard road to get out of)
3A - Belfry or Breathitt
5A - Highlands
6A - St. X or Trinity

Too Easy..
I would want to build a dynasty of a team that couldn't do it before
East Ridge
Probably Paintsville.
king360 Wrote:Too Easy..

It might be, but you will have a better shot at getting a college coaching job. I pick school that is know from football. That way the team wont go 2 out of 10 year with a winning record. You will have the players there, you just have to know how to use them right. You can put a coach at St. X or Trinity ever year have around 100 kids or more out. If you know know how to use them right you wont win there either.
But 5 or 6 winning seasons with a team like Knott, Phelps, or East Ridge could also get you a college job..not right away but anyone who could get a couple of 7, 8, or 9 win seasons with one of those teams could land a better job(maybe college) in 5 or 6 years
Trinity: Most Money + Most Athletes = Most titles
If I was smart enough to be a coach it would be at Lawrence County.
I don't know why anyone would want to coach to begin with but I quess if I did. I would coach at the place that pays the most and has the best players.
In alphabetical order....East Ridge, Johnson Central, Paintsville, Pikeville
Any job in the state? UK, it pays better than high school jobs! If you meant high school jobs, ST. X, it's the closest thing to a college job in the state.
Hazard
king360 Wrote:But 5 or 6 winning seasons with a team like Knott, Phelps, or East Ridge could also get you a college job..not right away but anyone who could get a couple of 7, 8, or 9 win seasons with one of those teams could land a better job(maybe college) in 5 or 6 years

You can have some 9 win seasons anywere. Just play team that blow. But if you like me, i want to play the best teams out there if i was a coach. I would want to play the St.X and the Trinity. You can't play teams like that playing IRON MAN football. You will be kill in the 4th. I either 1-9 and play all the best teams i can, then going 10-0 and playing no one.
HIGHLANDS

Know that I would have kids that want to play football and are willing to do what it takes to be state champions.
cj2561 Wrote:You can have some 9 win seasons anywere. Just play team that blow. But if you like me, i want to play the best teams out there if i was a coach. I would want to play the St.X and the Trinity. You can't play teams like that playing IRON MAN football. You will be kill in the 4th. I either 1-9 and play all the best teams i can, then going 10-0 and playing no one.

I would much rather play harder competition and lose all 10 games than play teams that are horrible and beat them 54-0 every game..so i agree with you..unless i had a young team in which case i would give them kind of an easy schedule my first year to build some confidence and let them keep building off of that
I live there and there is a lot that I would/could do with that large of a population of kids (after I got them interested).