Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 3 pt Shooters in the Mountains last 10 years
Tyler Hall from SF 01-02 was the best shooter I've ever seen. He didn't do much else but I'd put him up agaisnt anyone in a game of horse! ANYONE!
Josh Profitt - LCC:thatsfunn
UkFan23 Wrote:Does anyone remember about 4 years ago in the WYMT classic semi-finals where Hazard and Cawood played each other and D.J. Hoskins from Hazard and Blake Hubbard from Cawood juss went off they were not missing at all and they would pull it from deep i think it went into OT also but it was an awesome game 2 watch....Them 2 were 2 of the best shooters i liked too watch play also with Daniel Combs

blake hobbes
king360 Wrote:Take off the Stepps and put in DJ Hoskins and I would put Robert Paul Amis in there he was a great shooter

i find it funny that no one even noticed seth adams on here
triplemaniaman Wrote:blake hobbes

Do what?
THANK YOU!!!!! Kyle Hoskins could put the ball in the hole.

Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:[/COLOR][/B]

That #3 for Leslie Co. might have been Kyle Hoskins. Not 100% sure though, but the kid was a great player and shooter. Please, corect me if I am wrong.
The Sniper Wrote:Tyler Hall from SF 01-02 was the best shooter I've ever seen. He didn't do much else but I'd put him up agaisnt anyone in a game of horse! ANYONE!

Sniper, all of those Hall's from Left Beaver could shoot the rock....Tyler was great, Mason, Michael, Jordan, Heath. It's in the blood lines to be a great shooter. And there were a few Tackett's with the best being Rusty and his brother Dusty.
Colonel Kill Wrote:Sniper, all of those Hall's from Left Beaver could shoot the rock....Tyler was great, Mason, Michael, Jordan, Heath. It's in the blood lines to be a great shooter. And there were a few Tackett's with the best being Rusty and his brother Dusty.

No argument here!

I've played, seen, and been around High School basketball my entire life. I'm sure some will say different and that's ok, but from my personal experience TYLER HALL who played for South Floyd 00,01, & 02, was the best pure shooter I've ever seen! just my opinion!
The Sniper Wrote:No argument here!

I've played, seen, and been around High School basketball my entire life. I'm sure some will say different and that's ok, but from my personal experience TYLER HALL who played for South Floyd 00,01, & 02, was the best pure shooter I've ever seen! just my opinion!

He was money from 3.
landon slone=good player not great shooter....good shot maker not great shooter...justin hicks, tyler hall, aaron crum, brad lowe could flat out shoot as well just to name a few
Hands down.... Stuart Miller of Middlesboro went on and played for Louisville...
Colonel Kill Wrote:Sniper, all of those Hall's from Left Beaver could shoot the rock....Tyler was great, Mason, Michael, Jordan, Heath. It's in the blood lines to be a great shooter. And there were a few Tackett's with the best being Rusty and his brother Dusty.

Tyler shot 33% his senior year(85/251), Mason shot 39%(76/196). Not sure about Jordan or Heath, but both were good shooters..Rusty shot 20% from three his senior year if im not bad mistaken. Michael shot 28% his senior year. Just a few facts to throw out there..

Rusty and Michael were great scorers. Make no mistake about it.
Cody Milllllllllllller
Aslan Wrote:Clint does not belong and this list and you know it.

Clint to me is the best 3 point shooter in the region. Hands down.
Jesse or Jason Miller that played at Breathitt. They graduated in 04, but one of the 2 could shoot the 3.
FAST_EDDIE_FELSON Wrote:Clint to me is the best 3 point shooter in the region. Hands down.

He's a good shooter. He's got alot more 3s to hit though b4 he gets on this list. :thumpsup:
Mike Walters, Tommy McKenzie - Johnson Central
Todd Tackett.
imma have to say josh whitaker or tate cox
DukeFan4life Wrote:imma have to say josh whitaker or tate cox

The past 10 years it say's.. Not the best this year...I highly doubt the best 3 point shooter would be between two players this year..That's ridiculous, But I guess it's your opinion..
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't if he ranks for the 10 year span the OP is ranging, but I watched the Ferguson(sp?) kid at EC hit 9 in one night. I don't know how he does on a regular basis though.

Of all the kids that are being listed he is not just the only one with over 3,000 career points, he's the only one close to that........Yeah, he can shoot it.......... But, when he's off, he's off.
Tar Heel 3 Wrote:Daniel Combs- PCC
Aaron Crum- Allen Central
Jeremy Hayes- Allen Central
Landon Slone- Paintsville
Justin Hicks- Hazard

Landon Slone. By far the best i have seen.
Aslan Wrote:He's a good shooter. He's got alot more 3s to hit though b4 he gets on this list. :thumpsup:

I heard something at the beginning of the year that Clint had a chance to break some 3 point record in high school or something. I'm not all for sure bout it but still it's a great accomplishment. I do believe he's a better shooter than some guys I've seen on here like Daniel Combs, who was a good player and all, but I'd rather have Clint.
FAST_EDDIE_FELSON Wrote:I heard something at the beginning of the year that Clint had a chance to break some 3 point record in high school or something. I'm not all for sure bout it but still it's a great accomplishment. I do believe he's a better shooter than some guys I've seen on here like Daniel Combs, who was a good player and all, but I'd rather have Clint.

What record would that be? The only record he might break would be most attempts, not bashing him, but he is nowhere near any record that I am aware of.
Brian Milam Wrote:Since we are talking about the past 10 years, there are several not mentioned. My list is in no particular order except the top two.

Mark McGinnis – Hazard …I believe he shot 53% or 57% in 1999
Tyler Hall – South Floyd
Blake Hubbs – Cawood
Justin Hicks – Hazard
Mitchell Grimm – Paintsville (good one Irish4)
Kris Bentley – Shelby Valley
Stuart Miller – Middlesboro
Chris Wilson – Evarts
Josh Proffitt – Letcher Central
Jeremy Hayes – Allen Central (good call Tar Heel 3)
Scott Mosley – Knott Central
Johnny B. Hammonds – Corbin
Wes Samons – PBurg
Jerrod Gibbons – Wayne Co. (not in EKY but still very good)

There is another that escapes me at the moment. He was #3 for Leslie County in late 1990’s early 2000’s.

What about #3 Kris Mills from Knox central he was as good
as any of the one's you put on your list .
" GO PANTHERS "
Aslan Wrote:He's a good shooter. He's got alot more 3s to hit though b4 he gets on this list. :thumpsup:

he has hit more 3's in his career than anybody on this list or at least easily will, he has like 90 3's last year and the year before not to mention his 8th grade year...............and shot a great percentage his freshman and sophmore year....so idk what you are talking about
runninrebs21 Wrote:What record would that be? The only record he might break would be most attempts, not bashing him, but he is nowhere near any record that I am aware of.

he has the record for most 3's hit in a game in a game in the adidas super 64 in vegas which includes the best players in the country every year.....so yeah you are bashing...........and he def. has a chance to break the record for most 3's hit in a career in the khsaa record book.......look at the standings and look at how many he has hit, he has had 8 3's in at least 10 games and 6 or more in probably 20 over his career
Todd Tackett Most Def Was A Shooter. Michael Hall From S Floyd. Tim Couch Was Lights Out For Leslie Back In The Day. Probably About 12-13 Years Ago, But Still Great Shooters.
top 3 in past 4 years
case from belfry
slone from pville
skaggs from lawrence
Ferguson from elliot
troy miller from bc was lights out