Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 3 pt Shooters in the Mountains last 10 years
ill have to say justin hicks big clutch shooter for hazard.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:What position did Travis Neace play as?

I think he played SF
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:What position did Travis Neace play as?

Forward, early 2000s for PCC. He was very athletic.
Does anyone remember about 4 years ago in the WYMT classic semi-finals where Hazard and Cawood played each other and D.J. Hoskins from Hazard and Blake Hubbard from Cawood juss went off they were not missing at all and they would pull it from deep i think it went into OT also but it was an awesome game 2 watch....Them 2 were 2 of the best shooters i liked too watch play also with Daniel Combs
Kris Bentley was the best I have seen in the 15th in the last 10 years. Quick release and it was money.
Kris Bentley has to be one of the best I've seen
I don't if he ranks for the 10 year span the OP is ranging, but I watched the Ferguson(sp?) kid at EC hit 9 in one night. I don't know how he does on a regular basis though.
These are all good kids even the stepps .its just that the way the stepps built their team around their family.and left out cox nobody likes a coaches son who plays for their daddy.remember saul smith ,he was good but played for his daddy.Stepps were good but played for family.But they were good.
Phil McCavity Wrote:Stuart Miller from Middlesboro was the first to come to mind. I have seen all of these kids that everyone is mentioning and trust me, none of them could hold a candle to Miller in the 3 point shooting category.

In 2006 Miller led the state and broke a state record for number of threes made. Hicks was second that year behind Miller. In 2007 Hicks led the state in number of threes made. These two were 2 of the best.
todd craft-kcc
king360 Wrote:Take off the Stepps and put in DJ Hoskins and I would put Robert Paul Amis in there he was a great shooter

Who Is Robert Paul Amis?
SteppUp Wrote:Who Is Robert Paul Amis?

Graduated from Perry in 06. Great spot up shooter.
Since we are talking about the past 10 years, there are several not mentioned. My list is in no particular order except the top two.

Mark McGinnis – Hazard …I believe he shot 53% or 57% in 1999
Tyler Hall – South Floyd
Blake Hubbs – Cawood
Justin Hicks – Hazard
Mitchell Grimm – Paintsville (good one Irish4)
Kris Bentley – Shelby Valley
Stuart Miller – Middlesboro
Chris Wilson – Evarts
Josh Proffitt – Letcher Central
Jeremy Hayes – Allen Central (good call Tar Heel 3)
Scott Mosley – Knott Central
Johnny B. Hammonds – Corbin
Wes Samons – PBurg
Jerrod Gibbons – Wayne Co. (not in EKY but still very good)

There is another that escapes me at the moment. He was #3 for Leslie County in late 1990’s early 2000’s.
SteppUp Wrote:Micheal Hall Great Shooter.. I Had Forgot About Him

Michael was a great scorer, not shooter...Something like 29% his senior year..
Tyler Hall was a great shooter, 40% his senior yr., plus 9 @ Lex. Catholic in front of Tubby..
Well last year Aaron Crum let the state with over 120 makes and shot 50 percent. He hit 10 in one game last year. He has to be one of the better ones in the last 10 years. I would put Landon Slone up there also, along with Jeremy Hayes from a while back from Allen Central.
Also, you should for sure have Tyler Hall from SF and Stuart Miller from Middlesboro on there. Miller probably the best in the last 10 years
Brian Milam Wrote:Since we are talking about the past 10 years, there are several not mentioned. My list is in no particular order except the top two.

Tyler Hall – South Floyd
Blake Hubbs – Cawood
Justin Hicks – Hazard
Chris Wilson – Evarts
Wes Samons – PBurg

There is another that escapes me at the moment. He was #3 for Leslie County in late 1990’s early 2000’s.

Thats a good list...:Thumbs:.... Tyler Hall is definitely in the tops....
not sure if everyone will consider estill being in the mountains but cody berryman was a very good 3 point shooter for them..he graduated in 07
wade skaggs
Brian Milam Wrote:Since we are talking about the past 10 years, there are several not mentioned. My list is in no particular order except the top two.

Tyler Hall – South Floyd
Blake Hubbs – Cawood
Justin Hicks – Hazard
Chris Wilson – Evarts
Wes Samons – PBurg

That #3 for Leslie Co. might have been Kyle Hoskins. Not 100% sure though, but the kid was a great player and shooter. Please, corect me if I am wrong.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't if he ranks for the 10 year span the OP is ranging, but I watched the Ferguson(sp?) kid at EC hit 9 in one night. I don't know how he does on a regular basis though.

I would him at the top of any list.
Landon Slone, Jamie McCarty, Kris Bentley, Tyler Hall, Ethan Johnson, Aaron Crum, Justin Hicks, and Brandon Ratliff all come to mind for the last 5 years or so. I'm sure I am forgetting a bunch of others before that.

ER- Brandon Ratliff
AC- Aaron Crum, Jeremy Hayes, and maybe Jeremy Hall?
SF- Tyler Hall, Mason Hall, and Ethan Johnson
BL- Robbie Joe Johnson
P-Burg- Kris Bentley(but grad. from SV), Brooks Herrick, Jordan Hall
JC- Mikey Walters and Jamie McCarty
Paintsville- Landon Slone
Middlesboro- Stuart Miller
Hazard- Justin Hicks
Cawood- Blake Hubbs
Pike Central- Brad Lowe

Just a few that comes to mind within the past 10 years.
The_Dark_Knight Wrote:ER- Brandon Ratliff
AC- Aaron Crum, Jeremy Hayes, and maybe Jeremy Hall?
SF- Tyler Hall, Mason Hall, and Ethan Johnson
BL- Robbie Joe Johnson
P-Burg- Kris Bentley(but grad. from SV), Brooks Herrick, Jordan Hall
JC- Mikey Walters and Jamie McCarty
Paintsville- Landon Slone
Middlesboro- Stuart Miller
Hazard- Justin Hicks
Cawood- Blake Hubbs
Pike Central- Brad Lowe

Thank you! I knew there was another Hall that I was forgetting (Mason) and Brad Lowe as well. I remember saying before that Brandon Ratliff couldn't miss, I wonder what his overall stats ended up being in high school.

thetribe Wrote:Thank you! I knew there was another Hall that I was forgetting (Mason) and Brad Lowe as well. I remember saying before that Brandon Ratliff couldn't miss, I wonder what his overall stats ended up being in high school.

I dont know, but I remember him going nuts in the WYMT one year.
Jeremy Hall AC
Todd Conley Elkhorn City

Anyone remember their showdown in the All A Finals I believe it was. Hall had 51 and Conley 49 if I remember correctly. Both were absolutely deadly. Hall signed with Wisconsin and play well his freshmen year then left. He may have played a little at Pikeville College later on.

Bart Williams JC and now Pikeville Head Coach was another.
Commanche Wrote:Todd Conley Elkhorn City

A whole group of Conley's from Elkhorn City could flat out bust them, girls included.

Todd Craft- KCC
Scott Mosley-KCC
Justin Hicks-HHS
Ben Bowling-PCC
Tate cox probaly
Been longer than 10 years, but I have to think Tad Brewer from Cordia would be mentioned in this topic! JMO! Even before Tad Brewer, Cordia had a guy named Richard Richie, believe that was his name, he could fill it up from beyond the arc!! I think he held some record for 3 point shooting at one point. I think he graduated in 1993!! Anyone remember him?
I am pretty sure Richard Richie had 14 3-pointers in one game, I think that is right and I am sure it still has to be top 5 in the record books. Correct me if I am wrong!! Thanks!!

Also, Todd Tackett from Paintsville could shoot the 3 as well, if he has already been mentioned, sorry!