Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 3 pt Shooters in the Mountains last 10 years
what about Stephen Driver from Lawrence County?
My Top5 in no particular order:

Kris Bentley- SV/Pburg: His offensive game was limited, but there was no denying he was enarly automatic from 3 point land.

Blake Hubbs- Cawood: Could get on a run and hit 8-11 easily.

Todd Tackett- Paintsville: Elevated well and was clutch.

Jaime Case- Belfry: Had range to half court nearly.

Justin Hicks- Hazard: Just a pure shooter with a very pretty release.
Brandon Brock and Bryan were GREAT shooter for Whitesburg when they won the Region in like 2002 I think!

Profitt from LCC and Cox AND Stamper from KCC are good too!
Bryan Howard that is...sorry!
I once saw tyler hall hit 20 3's in a roll on a broke leg at mcdowell gym
Homer Simpson Wrote:I once saw tyler hall hit 20 3's in a roll on a broke leg at mcdowell gym

Tyler never had a broke leg, it was his ankle. But, he is a great shooter, neverless...
Last i heard an ankle is part of a leg.. yea he could shoot i never seen nothan like that he was hopin on one leg when he was shooting
Homer Simpson Wrote:Last i heard an ankle is part of a leg.. yea he could shoot i never seen nothan like that he was hopin on one leg when he was shooting

It is but the way you made it sound, it sounded like you was talking about the femur bone or maybe even the chin. I believe it would've been alittle harder to stand and shoot like that if it was with a broke femur or chin. I didn't say you said he couldn't shoot, I guess my vocabulary is just a little more advanced than yours.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Tyler never had a broke leg, it was his ankle. But, he is a great shooter, nevertheless...

Tyler should've played college ball somewheres, great kid and very deserving.
uhavenoidea Wrote:It is but the way you made it sound, it sounded like you was talking about the femur bone or maybe even the chin. I believe it would've been alittle harder to stand and shoot like that if it was with a broke femur or chin. I didn't say you said he couldn't shoot, I guess my vocabulary is just a little more advanced than yours.
Its been a while since ive been in a vocabulary contest, but yea your right i wasnt sure if it was the tibia fibula if you said it was his ankle then it was probably one of his tarsal bones your talking about i know he had a cast on his lower extremity when he was shooting off one leg.. i hope that clears things up for you
Homer Simpson Wrote:Its been a while since ive been in a vocabulary contest, but yea your right i wasnt sure if it was the tibia fibula if you said it was his ankle then it was probably one of his tarsal bones your talking about i know he had a cast on his lower extremity when he was shooting off one leg.. i hope that clears things up for you

Might want to skip the vocabulary, spelling and the grammar contests for that matter. I know personally that it was his ankle, because I was at the practice. He injured it in a early October practice and came back from it on Nov. 11th.

But, lets get back on topic. With that said, Tyler Hall was and probably still is a great shooter and definitley one of the best ever in the Mountains and probably even the state. He had textbook form and was a very hard worker, when it came to his shooting especially.
Take it to the PMs boys. Back on topic.

Yea i was at practice to..
FAST_EDDIE_FELSON Wrote:I heard something at the beginning of the year that Clint had a chance to break some 3 point record in high school or something. I'm not all for sure bout it but still it's a great accomplishment. I do believe he's a better shooter than some guys I've seen on here like Daniel Combs, who was a good player and all, but I'd rather have Clint.

for most attempts? clint is currently 75/243 which is a whopping 30.8%...not a great shooter....he is a career 35% shooter...which still isn't that good...clint has already attempted around 737 threes in high high school...if he gets the record it won't be a very big deal...if u do the math clint has already missed 477 threes he probably already has that record...i do not understand people say he is a great shooter...also he has gotten worse each year in his percentages (not counting his first year of varsity only attempted 72 3's (36.1%)) starting off at 72/192 (37.5), then 87/230 (37%) and so far this year is even worse (already mentioned above)
There were two kids from Cordia that played 10 years ago that could really fill it up, Chris Allen and Josh Hurt.
I'm not sure if McCreary Co falls into the Mountain schools, and I havent seen the Mountains schools very much but

Aaron Watts

Is one of the best shooters I have seen this year. I have to trust you all's judgement for him not being on the list, but this kid may be the best shooter in the state right now.