Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County or Holmes?
Like the Valley/Elliott thread, looking for some great discussion!
No doubt, it's Holmes. Holmes beat Scott Co. in their only matchup this year.

Scott Co. has the the most talent and the better team IMO, but if you are talking about who should be ranked higher, it's got to be Holmes.
Until Scott can knock off Holmes, it is all Holmes. Maybe Toyota needs to expand in this recession so Scott can get a few more studs before tourney time.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I agree with both of you guys. Not only did Holmes win the head-to-head matchup, Holmes defeated Franklin County by 22 points a few weeks ago and Scott County only beat them by 8 last night.

That may not mean much to some, but it means a lot to me because Holmes is the better team right now and have been the entire season.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:No doubt, it's Holmes. Holmes beat Scott Co. in their only matchup this year.

Scott Co. has the the most talent and the better team IMO, but if you are talking about who should be ranked higher, it's got to be Holmes.

I would disagree that SC has more talent. Holmes has 6 players on their roster that are D-1 players and only two that are Seniors. Though SC starts a slightly taller team, Holmes is the "longest" team in the state.

This is also the state's runner-up, thus they have the experience nt matched by any other team. They have already beaten Scott Co. on a neutral court. Holmes only loss, Bryan Station, was avenged with an 18 point run-away victory @ BS.

IMO, Holmes is the better team and has proved it thus far.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Maybe Toyota needs to expand in this recession so Scott can get a few more studs before tourney time.

Holmes has more transfers than Scott County.
rojas Wrote:Holmes has more transfers than Scott County.

WHAT! :dontthink I've watched all of these players since Middle School and AAU. Pretty funny :thatsfunn
Like in the SV/Elliott thread, when two teams this close play, its hard to argue results. I think Holmes could very well be the best team in the state.
Stardust Wrote:WHAT! :dontthink I've watched all of these players since Middle School and AAU. Pretty funny :thatsfunn

I thought the Johnson brothers played for Taft. Didn't I also read that a kid transferred from Newport?
rojas Wrote:I thought the Johnson brothers played for Taft. Didn't I also read that a kid transferred from Newport?

The johnson brothers transferred before they could play varsity basketball and Housley(newport) Has been going back and forth from Newport to Covington schools his whole life. Housley starts every other game(less here lately). and ours have came different years. Scott Co starts 3 transfers that went there over the off season.
Are these two teams in the same region, district? Having played each

other I was wondering. I think they are in a different plateau from the

rest of the state. Come state tournament time will they have to play

each other before the finals?
No, two separate districts. Holmes and Scott County shy away from no one and schedule every top team , both in and out of state.
Holmes led the whole game agaist Scott Co by double digits too. Scott Co made a run at the end though. No doubt Holmes is the better team.