Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sv Pep Rally
Does anyone know if the school has anything planned today? parade, pep rally, anything?
I heard there was a motorcade from Floyd county back to Valley yesterday and then the boys celebrated at the high school last night. I don't think much would happen other than a little celebration during school and a ring ceremony some time.
I think they were having something this morning around 9 for the students of Valley and its feeder schools. Not sure what or if it happened....maybe some students can enlighten us later.
all-or-nothing Wrote:I think they were having something this morning around 9 for the students of Valley and its feeder schools. Not sure what or if it happened....maybe some students can enlighten us later.

They had a very nice pep rally this morning at Valley. We took our 6th-8th grades over there. Several members of the Board of Education were there, along with several parents and community members. WPRG, the Medical Leader, and the News Express were there as well.

Several adults spoke, then some of the players spoke, and the trophy was presented to Principal Johnson. This has been a great thing for the SV community.
Awesome! Thanks for the info.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:They had a very nice pep rally this morning at Valley. We took our 6th-8th grades over there. Several members of the Board of Education were there, along with several parents and community members. WPRG, the Medical Leader, and the News Express were there as well.

Several adults spoke, then some of the players spoke, and the trophy was presented to Principal Johnson. This has been a great thing for the SV community.

Glad to hear and I know WYMT does a good job covering the 15 region but it looks like they could have shown SV a little more love. I just hope the reason was not because of which mountain team cut down the nets.:confused:
I was surprised the news channels really skipped over them last night. The only one to show really any mention was LEX18...I dunno if any of the news channels had anything today though.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:They had a very nice pep rally this morning at Valley. We took our 6th-8th grades over there. Several members of the Board of Education were there, along with several parents and community members. WPRG, the Medical Leader, and the News Express were there as well.

i wonder why the freshmen didnt get to go with the team
I missed WYMT at 6 today. Did they have coverage of the Pep Rally on there?
justabballfan Wrote:Glad to hear and I know WYMT does a good job covering the 15 region but it looks like they could have shown SV a little more love. I just hope the reason was not because of which mountain team cut down the nets.:confused:

I hope you're not referring to Hazard in your post because WYMT sure doesn't show any love to Hazard....the school anyway.
svfan#2 Wrote:i wonder why the freshmen didnt get to go with the team

I don't know. Are you talking about going to the tournament or to the pep rally? They did recognize the freshman team at the pep rally, but they were not up at the podium with the rest of the team. I would say that is because they do not dress varsity--except for Logan Lucas.
svfan#2 Wrote:i wonder why the freshmen didnt get to go with the team

In past All A tournaments at EKU, I know the coach is only allowed to dress 15 or 16 (can't remember) players. The powers-that-be were very strict about who was allowed on the floor/bench. So, I'm guessing that is why you didn't see the freshman. Any first-hand accounts?