Jordan Hickman - Bardstown
Corey Martin - Hazard
Taylor Newsome - Shelby Valley
Demarco Phillips - Bardstown
Cody Rich - Edmonson County
James David - Strange Pineville

Most Valuable Player:
Elisha Justice - Shelby Valley :Clap:
Not to be rude or anything but it's Elijah Justice not Elisha.....lol, that's a girls name!
You must not know him....it is Elisha...yes, it's spelled like a girl's name, but it is pronouced like a boy's. Not trying to be rude.
I made a trip down to Richmond to watch this tourny, and I would have to see that Logan Bryant from SV needs to be on this list. He had 10 steals the first game, and SV's defense is what got them the title. He was definitley overlooked in this selection.
LadyKatFan Wrote:You must not know him....it is Elisha...yes, it's spelled like a girl's name, but it is pronouced like a boy's. Not trying to be rude.

I do know him actually but I thought it was spelled Elijah. My bad! :thumpsup:
I think Logan got snubbed. If Elliott makes the semis and gets 3 players on, just as many as Bardstown, then Valley deserves 5.
LadyKatFan Wrote:I made a trip down to Richmond to watch this tourny, and I would have to see that Logan Bryant from SV needs to be on this list. He had 10 steals the first game, and SV's defense is what got them the title. He was definitley overlooked in this selection.

PC_You_Know Wrote:I think Logan got snubbed. If Elliott makes the semis and gets 3 players on, just as many as Bardstown, then Valley deserves 5.

I agree with both of you. He played really well during all four games.
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Not to be rude or anything but it's Elijah Justice not Elisha.....lol, that's a girls name!

Afternoon_Delight Wrote:I do know him actually but I thought it was spelled Elijah. My bad! :thumpsup:

Has anyone on here read the bible????......The story of Elisha and Elijah....both prophets! It is not a girls name or even pronounced like a girl..........

It is Eli- sha
not E-lisha
Logan should really have made the team. That is the problem I have with all tourney teams, someone gets left off. I think they should be a MVP, rebound leader, total points leader, assist leader, ect. Things that are on paper and not just someone making a judgement call.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
The sad part is, Logan's name was not even on the ballot.

The ballots were distributed to the media on Sunday morning before any games had been played.

The ballot listed Elliott County's 5 starters; but only 4 of Valley's starters (Logan was excluded).
I suppose the powers that be who were running the tournament, assumed that Elliott was going to beat Valley, and probably win the tourny.

Valley ruined their expectations, but I suppose it was too late to redistribute ballots with all of Valley's starters listed.

Obviously, this was a mistake on the part of the tournament officials, nevertheless anyone who attended any or all of the SV games would have to say that Logan deserved all-tournament honors.
Hondo Wrote:The sad part is, Logan's name was not even on the ballot.

The ballots were distributed to the media on Sunday morning before any games had been played.

The ballot listed Elliott County's 5 starters; but only 4 of Valley's starters (Logan was excluded).
I suppose the powers that be who were running the tournament, assumed that Elliott was going to beat Valley, and probably win the tourny.

Valley ruined their expectations, but I suppose it was too late to redistribute ballots with all of Valley's starters listed.

Obviously, this was a mistake on the part of the tournament officials, nevertheless anyone who attended any or all of the SV games would have to say that Logan deserved all-tournament honors.

Just shows you the bias against Shelby Valley.
Pitiful to see that Logan wasn't on the all-tournament team considering he averaged 7 steals a game over the tournament.
Of all the guys on this team it seems the Bryant kid is overlooked the most, and this includes being overlooked by the folks from SV.

But he's a great player who does the little things well, and can put the ball in the hole when needed. Never seen a game when he hasn't played hard, and that's enough right there for me to like his game.
Congrats to all
Leonidas Wrote:Of all the guys on this team it seems the Bryant kid is overlooked the most, and this includes being overlooked by the folks from SV.

But he's a great player who does the little things well, and can put the ball in the hole when needed. Never seen a game when he hasn't played hard, and that's enough right there for me to like his game.

I don't know any of these folks, all the ones that I know love the way that Logan plays and compliment him everyday about not only his basketball skills and competitiveness, but also about how he has grown as a person.Smile
All tourney teams are generally a farce and are way to political. The State Title trophy is what matters most and Logan had a great hand in securing that. I can think of numerous instances where the best players were not chosen for some reason or another. I think they should award the MVP Trophy and nothing else.
Logan Bryant should have been on the all tourny team. He is a great ballplayer and puts his heart into the game. He can steal the ball like crazy!!