Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirt Track racing
Does anyone on here enjoy going to them? I usually go to Eldora for the world 100, the prelude to the dream, and the dream. I have been to 201 over in paintsville(i think) once to watch a friend, but that is it.
I like to watch some... Went to 201 a few times last year..... I think it would be fun as **** to drive one...... But I am partial to Drag Racing though, its my favorite...
TATE_64 Wrote:I like to watch some... Went to 201 a few times last year..... I think it would be fun as **** to drive one...... But I am partial to Drag Racing though, its my favorite...

I like them both too. I want to start going down to clay city and watching the cars drag race some down there. I have a friend who races bombers around here in eastern ky, if he can race i think anyone can lol.
DTR is the greatest thing on the planet.
What are the main dirt tracks here in eastern ky? I know of 201 in paintsville and the one in richmond.
201 and Isom..... maybe a few more.....not to familiar with it though...

Isom runs on Friday Nights though... 201 on Saturdays

Here is a Dirt Track racing forum you should check out..
http://eastkyracing.proboards9.com/
TATE_64 Wrote:201 and Isom..... maybe a few more.....not to familiar with it though...

Isom runs on Friday Nights though... 201 on Saturdays

Here is a Dirt Track racing forum you should check out..
http://eastkyracing.proboards9.com/

Thanks for the link, looks like a really good site to find information on. Isom is in knott county right?
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Thanks for the link, looks like a really good site to find information on. Isom is in knott county right?

Isom is actually in the best county in Eastern Ky., Letcher. Big Grin
I tell you what is also fun to watch is Go-Carts on dirt tracks. The one in Magoffin is pretty fun to watch
I have always loved to watch dirt track racing. I don't know how it is now but when I remember going it seemed like they didn't start till like 11 and then didn't end till like 3 in the morning.
TATE_64 Wrote:I like to watch some... Went to 201 a few times last year..... I think it would be fun as **** to drive one...... But I am partial to Drag Racing though, its my favorite...

Psssssft.... you dont know nothin about no drag racin lol haha what you gonna say next, LS1's are the only way to go too? lol Big Grin
mrfootball03 Wrote:Psssssft.... you dont know nothin about no drag racin lol haha what you gonna say next, LS1's are the only way to go too? lol Big Grin

You know it...Big Grin....

But really I like all fast cars, But I do own an LS1, so its definitely the way to go....

You and S. Jessie are gonna have to get in on that "Sucks" thread on KYHP...haha
I use to go to 201 Speedway every Saturday. I love DirtTrackRacing!!!

The 4-cylinders are the funniest to watch.IMO
I have a friend that races them at Rockytop in Oh. Never been to one but will see him race in the modifieds this spring.
Dont we all just love being rednecks..lol.. there is nothing like Dirt Track Racing..id probably rather watch it then football or basketball..nothing likw 201 on a saturday night
I use to go every Saturday night to Thunder Ridge when I was a kid.

Big Paul Harris fan!

I plan on going to 201 this upcoming season.
TATE_64 Wrote:You know it...Big Grin....

But really I like all fast cars, But I do own an LS1, so its definitely the way to go....

You and S. Jessie are gonna have to get in on that "Sucks" thread on KYHP...haha

lol if u can get him from mma training all the time thats all he does hardly anymore.. haha
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I use to go every Saturday night to Thunder Ridge when I was a kid.

Big Paul Harris fan!

I plan on going to 201 this upcoming season.

I'm planning on going as much as I can. But, some Saturdays I'll be spending my time out on a lake fishing for some big Bass.
It's very cool in person. It's been a while since I have attended and has died down considerably over the last 10 years in NKY
Does anyone ever go to Eldora Speedway in Ohio? I love going there and watching the late models.