Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky high school football playoffs.
First this is not a knock on how things are.
Does anyone else think that the playoffs are water downed by so many teams with losing records making it?
Does anyone else think it is wrong for ant team that goes winless during the season be given a playoff slot?
The way i see it is, the best teams will win anyway, so why does it matter.
Unfair for districts with a 6 team format compared to districts who have only four.
Takes away some of the glamor of being a playoff caliber team
Extends the season an extra two weeks compared to the old top 2 format

I for one think that when they re-classified to a 6A format they should have went to 2 top teams from each district instead of four.

It does stink when one district is loaded and the cross district is weak, but that can't be helped. I can remember in class A when one district top four swept the other Districts top four.
I think that onyly the top 2 teams should make the playoffs.
It don't matter if they just take the top team from each dis. The best team that week will win that game.... There is not a High School in KY that is a 6A school. 5A yea, there is alot of them in KY....
I like the idea of taking the top 3 teams, this still gives teams with decent records to make the playoffs. Have the first week be #2 and #3 seed games with #1 a bye week. The open week is gone this year so that would be a "reward" for finishing 1st, a week to heal up and get healthy. Week 2 be the winner of the #2 and #3 winner vs. # 1. That still makes a 5 week playoff system but with better competition which I think most people disagree with in the current play off system.
As far as being unfair to some teams with 6 in the district and other with 4, I think travel is the big issue with that. And other than restructuring the districts, I don't have an answer.
I wouldn't want to see the playoffs go to strength of schedule seedings like in some states though. I think seeding should be left up to district play.
Don't like it. It's getting like college ball. Too many teams get in. Most don't deserve to. It's all about money though.Sad