Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliott County 85 - Whitefield Academy 24
Final score from All A Classic
Wow, very impressed by this score. Congrats Lions!

Any stats?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Wow, very impressed by this score. Congrats Lions!

Any stats?

Go here for all the stats !!

http://www.cybersportsusa.com/webgames/W...009645.xml
HoopFreak Wrote:Go here for all the stats !!

http://www.cybersportsusa.com/webgames/W...009645.xml

Thanks Hoopfreak.

Here's some quick stats for everyone if you don't want to go to the link.

Elliott Co.

Jonathan Ferguson - 25 pts.
Ethan Faulker - 12 pts. 10 ast. 13 reb.
Evan Faulker - 11 pts. 6 stl.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Thanks Hoopfreak.

Here's some quick stats for everyone if you don't want to go to the link.

Elliott Co.

Jonathan Ferguson - 25 pts.
Ethan Faulker - 12 pts. 10 ast. 13 reb.
Evan Faulker - 11 pts. 6 stl.

Nice game.
Keep it up EC.
So Elliott will have to play 4 games in 3 days to win this thing and the Faulkner's play the entire 3rd quarter even though Elliott is up by 50.

Speaks for itself.
homeless_camel Wrote:So Elliott will have to play 4 games in 3 days to win this thing and the Faulkner's play the entire 3rd quarter even though Elliott is up by 50.

Speaks for itself.

They could play 4 games in two day and still not be tired.
ky wildcats Wrote:They could play 4 games in two day and still not be tired.

I was thinking the same thing. I know I never got tired at that age.
homeless_camel Wrote:So Elliott will have to play 4 games in 3 days to win this thing and the Faulkner's play the entire 3rd quarter even though Elliott is up by 50.

Speaks for itself.

I guess Coach Mays is letting the starters get their points. Got to keep those averages up. All five starters played anywhere from 22 to 24 minutes this game.
goodguy Wrote:I guess Coach Mays is letting the starters get their points. Got to keep those averages up. All five starters played anywhere from 22 to 24 minutes this game.

This is a tournament. You don't take your starters out just because the score is out of reach. You work on little things, tweak some things and get ready for the next game. You can play your subs when you get back to regular season play.
When you read a post that gets on a coach for letting his starters work on game situation makes you wonder if they have ever played any competitive sports.
Here is an impressive stat for you, the score was 20 to 0 at the end of the first quarter.
kyrifle Wrote:This is a tournament. You don't take your starters out just because the score is out of reach. You work on little things, tweak some things and get ready for the next game. You can play your subs when you get back to regular season play.
When you read a post that gets on a coach for letting his starters work on game situation makes you wonder if they have ever played any competitive sports.
But judging from some of EC scores in ballgames, wouldnt it be better to work on your little things in practice? Sometimes your second string is better than some teams first string. What is best, keeping starters in with 4 minutes left in the game, or letting them rest a little. They are the number 1 team in the state. Why beat up on teams that wouldnt have a chance against your second string.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I'm not saying whether its right or wrong but if Elliott is like the rest of the teams in the state they haven't been on the court much lately because of weather. I'm sure that played a part in the playing time.
Great win for Elliott...
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:But judging from some of EC scores in ballgames, wouldnt it be better to work on your little things in practice? Sometimes your second string is better than some teams first string. What is best, keeping starters in with 4 minutes left in the game, or letting them rest a little. They are the number 1 team in the state. Why beat up on teams that wouldnt have a chance against your second string.

I really don't think working against your own team's 2nd team is the same as working against real game situations. Your own team mates know what you are trying to do in practice, therfore I can understand leaving your starters in and working on some things. Just my opinion, don't see anything wrong with it.
Congrats EC