Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Rankings 1/30
1. Hazard, Hard to put them there with 2 losses to Knott, but Knott has 2 with Perry too and Hazard has beat Perry.
2. Perry, 2 wins over Knott has to put them at 2 if not 1.
3. Knott, done everything in the region right except knock of Perry, maybe next week at home.
4. Buckhorn, making a great argument to be in the top 4.
5. Letcher, improving every game
6. JBS, played better in the All A, actually used their inside game more
7. Estill, big game tonight with Lee
8. Lee, looked terrible in the All A
9. Leslie, most improved team in the last month
10. Cordia
11. Breathitt, don't seem to be getting their talent on the same page
12. Owsley, with the addition of Evans back on the team
13. Jackson City
14. Wolfe
15. Powell
16. Jenkins
17. Riverside
it is hard to put them there. but they r playing the best basketball at the moment. to be honest the top 3 should be tied for first since all three r beatting up on each other.
Im sorry but with the play as of late there is no reason Perry should not be number one. The Dores are the best team in the region right now flat out.
if im not mistaken hazard beat pcc last time they played wich makes the series tied 1 to 1. knott co. has beat us twice.so i could see if knott co would be rank ahead of us.even though i am a hazard fan i am trying to be objetive.im not trying to start anything this is jmo.
hazard reject Wrote:if im not mistaken hazard beat pcc last time they played wich makes the series tied 1 to 1. knott co. has beat us twice.so i could see if knott co would be rank ahead of us.even though i am a hazard fan i am trying to be objetive.im not trying to start anything this is jmo.

Yea and we beat knott both times. Im sorry but playing any where except that crappy gym in the backwoods, Perry would take the w on hazard.
I hardly ever agree with the rankings of the 14th Region made by the Lexington Herald or Louisville Courier. I'm not set on a guy from there setting the rankings of our mountain teams. But if I did em theyy'd prolly be something like this.

1. PCC
2. KCC
3. Hazard
4. LCC
5. JBS
6. Buckhorn
7. Estill
8. Leslie
9. Cordia
10. Breathitt
11. Lee
12. Wolfe
13. Jackson City
14. Owsley
15. Powell
16. Jenkins
17. Riverside

Theres always arguements like #1 but PCC has 15-3 record and Hazard has a 15-5 record. JBS and Buckhorn could be switched around but records really don't matter unless your district seeds.
dore20 Wrote:Yea and we beat knott both times. Im sorry but playing any where except that crappy gym in the backwoods, Perry would take the w on hazard.

I LET YOU KEEP BELIEVING THAT. THERE U GO YOU JUST CAN'T WRITE STUFF U GOT TO TALK TRASH AS WELL . TALKING BAD ABOUT MEM GYM.THIS GYM IS A GREAT PLACE TO PLAY AT AND IT HAS ALOT OF HISTORY AS WELL.I STILL THINK HAZARD WILL BEAT PCC AGAIN WHEN DISTRICT ROLLS AROUND. GOOD LUCK TO THE DORES THE REST OF THE SEASON:rockon:
hazard reject Wrote:I LET YOU KEEP BELIEVING THAT. THERE U GO YOU JUST CAN'T WRITE STUFF U GOT TO TALK TRASH AS WELL . TALKING BAD ABOUT MEM GYM.THIS GYM IS A GREAT PLACE TO PLAY AT AND IT HAS ALOT OF HISTORY AS WELL.I STILL THINK HAZARD WILL BEAT PCC AGAIN WHEN DISTRICT ROLLS AROUND. GOOD LUCK TO THE DORES THE REST OF THE SEASON:rockon:

The gym is older then dirt, the seats suck and it dont even have that many seats....:redboxer:
Perry
Hazard
Knott

Three best teams in the region and I honestly don't know how to rank them. None of them has separted themselves and become the clear number one. There probably going to exchange the 1-3 spots all year with each other. However, these 3 are head and shoulders above the rest of the region. I almost want to put Letcher in that sentence but they have no wins vs the top 3. But imo Letcher is clearly the 4th best team in the region and could be a darkhorse come March.
1. Riverside
2. Jenkins
3. Powell
Aslan Wrote:Perry
Hazard
Knott

Three best teams in the region and I honestly don't know how to rank them. None of them has separted themselves and become the clear number one. There probably going to exchange the 1-3 spots all year with each other. However, these 3 are head and shoulders above the rest of the region. I almost want to put Letcher in that sentence but they have no wins vs the top 3. But imo Letcher is clearly the 4th best team in the region and could be a darkhorse come March.

I agree with all of these. KCC, PCC, and Hazard have beat up on each other all season and will continue to do so.

I also agree that everyone should watch out for the Cougars of LCC, they are a tough-nose team that I think will upset one of those 3 teams come the regional tournament.
I see Hazard as #1 and Perry #2. after that it's anybody's game.
dore20 Wrote:The gym is older then dirt, the seats suck and it dont even have that many seats....:redboxer:

THE SEATS SUCK?? It has bleachers...exactly like pcc's gym. Except the one at Memorial Gym are actually built in and not just sitting there like pcc's. Everytime somebody walks by you in pcc's bleachers they shake and feel like they are going to fall.
dore20 Wrote:The gym is older then dirt, the seats suck and it dont even have that many seats....:redboxer:

Is that what beat Perry by 15, the seats? Maybe the cracks in the sidewalk had something to do with it. Didn't seem to bother KCC, they played just fine. IMO Memorial is a much better place to watch a ballgame than the "Pumpkin Palace".
Getting back on topic though. The top three will be a coin flip come Region time, and maybe even district time if Hazard and Perry draw each other in the first round.
Where is the 14th held this year?
blitzingback Wrote:Is that what beat Perry by 15, the seats? Maybe the cracks in the sidewalk had something to do with it. Didn't seem to bother KCC, they played just fine. IMO Memorial is a much better place to watch a ballgame than the "Pumpkin Palace".
Getting back on topic though. The top three will be a coin flip come Region time, and maybe even district time if Hazard and Perry draw each other in the first round.
Where is the 14th held this year?

Powell