Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Time Top 5 Best Players at Your School
The absolute toughest player I have ever seen on a football field day in and day out, practice, games, lifting, conditioning was Joe Henson. Joe is the defintion of the term WORK HORSE. I played with Joe and I have never seen him give less than 100%. TOUGH AS NAILS!
Big Rich mcCune was a good one as well, got a full ride to U.K., first team all-state in 88.
Booya Wrote:Yeah his stats weren't that good cause he played in a running offense for three years. We are taking about the top, meaning talent wise. He passed on a lot of other high schools in the state to play at BL and I think that kind of commitment is comendable. As far as talent is concerned the kid could throw any college style pass and was a good team player and one of the few that really cared about winning on the team. He also had a spot on UK's Hal Mumme team, but didn't walk on there. He had a scholarship offer from EKU, but didn't take it because he lacked enough credits. The kid was defenately better than any other qb. 6-3 215 could throw the ball around 60 yards and ran a 4.8 40. That's pretty good for a pocket qb. Randall Hager didn't use him the way he needed and they never had a go to receiver. If you were to add up potential yardage from dropped passes in the hands of the receivers his numbers would have been much better. I know that some people didn't like that he was cocky, but he had a reason to be. Turned down Lex Cath, Paintsville, Pike Central, and a school in Alabama to play for the Bobcats. To me that says a lot about his character and commitment.

You forget to mention his blazing speed!!!!!:lmaoSadkiddin) Tyler will make a good football coach. A couple more years under coach Whitaker, he's gettin' there.
P.C.Defense Wrote:You forget to mention his blazing speed!!!!!:lmaoSadkiddin) Tyler will make a good football coach. A couple more years under coach Whitaker, he's gettin' there.

I heard he once threw the football so hard that when the WR tried to catch it...it shattered all the bones in both hands. The ball then hit the goal post and chopped it clean into. They have yet to dig deep enough to recover the ball once it hit the ground.
Smile
Breathitt
Kyle Moore
Shorty Combs
Justin Haddix
Channing Fugate
Phillip Watts
Watts was the man when it came to the big catch! Roger Stamper was a good one as well. Dennis Cornett was another.
raiderwave Wrote:Breathitt County top 5 defensive linemen

Ricky Brewer
Brad Allen
Casey Allen
Shorty Combs(also a linebacker at times)
Bill Campbell

erik collins should be in this and casey allen shouldnt even be muttered in the same breath as these guys
IMO which this is very hard to do for just 5 for breathitt and my mind could change as soon as i post this but for arguments sake
1. jonathan chapman
2.danny back
3 timmy barnett
4. waylon chapman
5. ricky brewer
BigDaddy7408 Wrote:No He Did Not Jack Frost He Had The School Record And I would have to put adam tackett in tht list

Actually Big Daddy he had the state record I was watchin sports overtime when the record was broken and they even said the old state record was held by Mays from South Floyd...

You have just been hit by the Hard hitter52!!!!
Johnson Central
Chris Deaton
Jerry Butcher
Sean Grimm
Coach Peck
Gary Fitzpatrick

...and Paintsville had Brad Tiller in the 90's that was good..
Brian Taylor was good for JC in the 70s.
P.C.Defense Wrote:The absolute toughest player I have ever seen on a football field day in and day out, practice, games, lifting, conditioning was Joe Henson. Joe is the defintion of the term WORK HORSE. I played with Joe and I have never seen him give less than 100%. TOUGH AS NAILS!

Joe was tough and he is still giving 100%.We all love Joe.
P.C.Defense Wrote:I'm glad you named Tim Barnett, He was the best receiver to wear the blue and white I.M.O.
Breathitt top 5
1- Danny Back
2- Justin Haddix
3- Jon Chapman
4-Waylon Chapman
5- Shorty Combs

Tim sure was.We had a few then.Don't forget "your very own"Kyle Lively.
I don't think K
I don't think Kyle played till his senior year. That 97' Breathitt team was loaded.
Jason White was a heck of a running back as well. Majority of starters from 96' team were back.
A D-lineman who never really gets mentioned is Jason Plummer.
My senior year our backfield was Joe, Buddy Baker, Cujo Montgomery.
All 3 benched 330 lbs and squated close to 500lbs. Joe and Buddy weighed right at 165.
P.C.Defense Wrote:My senior year our backfield was Joe, Buddy Baker, Cujo Montgomery.
All 3 benched 330 lbs and squated close to 500lbs. Joe and Buddy weighed right at 165.

Yeah but the 89 team had more success.
We wiped the ground up with those guys at practice!lol
Wildcat Blue Wrote:Gered Parker
Michael West
Dontae Wright
Nick Meadows
Phill Ratliff

WOW CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T MENTION JASON MICHAELS ACTUALLY HE IS ALL ALONE IN TOP SPOT HE STARTED PLAYING VARSITY IN THE 8TH GRADE AND DID A WHOLE LOT FOR LC PUT THEM ON THE MAP.

2. GERAD PARKER

3. MIKE WEST AND NICK MEADOWS HARD TO PICK BETWEEN THESE TWO. 2 REALLY GOOD RB'S

4. PHIL RATLIFF COULD BE MENTIONED AS #1 WITH JASON

5.ALLEN SHORT CAME IN AFTER JASON GRADUATED AND LC DIDN'T MISS A BEAT
Hard Hitter52 Wrote:Actually Big Daddy he had the state record I was watchin sports overtime when the record was broken and they even said the old state record was held by Mays from South Floyd...

You have just been hit by the Hard hitter52!!!!

Actually Big Daddy is right...Wink

I played for SF when Ketrin ran for 403 yards..... In 1997 when he done that he was 4th on the list...... Now he is down to 17th on the list.... The very same year that Ketrin did this Jeremy Britt ran for 476 yards.....

Here is a link to the KHSAA records....

http://www.khsaa.org/records/football/st...ecords.pdf

You have just been hit by TATE_64!!!!!!
Joe Mullins from Boyd was pretty good
My list from RUSSELL
1. kyle miller
2. herbi hancock
3. josh gross
4. josh gerangher(only played 1 year for them but racked up 2500 yeards on the ground in 8th grade)
GREEN COUNTY
mike deaton
anthony farrior
zeth rodgers
BREATHITT

Jeremy Noble

Kyle Moore

Johnathon Chapman

Shorty Combs

Jeremiah Chapman

all from 95-96 State Champs
Estill has had some really good players in my time. I had a hard time picking Benidict over A. Niece. Them 2 Niece boys were real football players. They stand out more than any other Estill Engineer.

1. S. Niece
2. Benidict
3. A. Niece
4. Baber
5. Covey
Kenton Roberts will eventually make a lot of these lists but not yet.
Joey Cecil
Bud Newsome
Darwin Kidd
Chris Cambell 77-81
John Bush
Todd Sturgill
87-88 Jack Hall was the coach and he ran the side saddle offense Betsy Layne went 7-4 1st in school history winning season...:rockon:
Prestonsburg

Jeremy Caudill
John Ortega
Matt Slone
Nick Jamerson
John Mark Stephens

These are the players that have stood out to me over the years I've been watching Prestonsburg play.
Belfry Top 5:

BoDad Varney
Floyd Hatfield
Rick Kestner
James Ramey
David Jones/Doug Howard--Tie
the 1 the only Wrote:erik collins should be in this and casey allen shouldnt even be muttered in the same breath as these guys

Casey is one Heck of a Defensvie Lineman. I know this for a FACT. I honestly hate to dog on Brad but Casey did make 1st team All-State. An accomplishment Brad didnt have. Im sure I dont know the entire history of Breathitt County lineman, But im sure Brad and Casey Both deserve to be mentioned.
in my opinion for ashland
1.arlyss beach
2.matt thomas...great athlete
3.josh gerhanger (new transfer) but could be one of the all-time greats before he graduates