Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what mountain teams starting backfield (qb fb rb's) has the best upside for next year
i just want to know what everyones opinion is on this cause my high school has a young backfield how is the others around the mountains?
I honestly think Prestonsburg will have a good backfield with Hughes as QB, Blake Meade FB/RB, Lincoln Slone RB, and Seth Setser FB/RB ......
Belfry will also have a good backfield LIKE always lol
football05 Wrote:I honestly think Prestonsburg will have a good backfield with Hughes as QB, Blake Meade FB/RB, Lincoln Slone RB, and Seth Setser FB/RB ......
Belfry will also have a good backfield LIKE always lol

I agree.
:Nodding:
Glad someone does lol
Paintsville loses a powerful runner in # 35 Wes Ward and a strong TB in # 33 Hans Doderer. Paintsville returns #1 Pugh from this year's starting backfield. Paintsville returns # 34 Kyle Sublett at FB and #24 Shane Cantrell at tailback. Sublett and Cantrell were starters throughout their freshman season. Sublett was a starter as a sophomore at blocking back and Cantrell started for Doderer last season when Hans was injured. Paintsville has been blessed in the injury category this season and both have seen limited action in the backfield. Those two along with Pugh return as seniors in the backfield next season for the Tigers.

Johnson Central returns half their backfield next season as Blume and QB Sean Music graduate. FB Blake Johnson and HB Shawn Grimm return next season as senior and junior respectively. For next season it looks as though J.K Ratliff will get the nod at QB and Ian Welch will get the nod at TB to replace Blume. Ratliff will be a junior and Welch will be a sophomore. Ratliff has said to be the best passing QB to come through JC ever and with the return of JC's leading receiver Tommy Taylor and both TE's in Michael Tackett and Cody Conley all of which who will be seniors, this could be something special.
MOJO Wrote:Paintsville loses a powerful runner in # 35 Wes Ward and a strong TB in # 33 Hans Doderer. Paintsville returns #1 Pugh from this year's starting backfield. Paintsville returns # 34 Kyle Sublett at FB and #24 Shane Cantrell at tailback. Sublett and Cantrell were starters throughout their freshman season. Sublett was a starter as a sophomore at blocking back and Cantrell started for Doderer last season when Hans was injured. Paintsville has been blessed in the injury category this season and both have seen limited action in the backfield. Those two along with Pugh return as seniors in the backfield next season for the Tigers.

Johnson Central returns half their backfield next season as Blume and QB Sean Music graduate. FB Blake Johnson and HB Shawn Grimm return next season as senior and junior respectively. For next season it looks as though J.K Ratliff will get the nod at QB and Ian Welch will get the nod at TB to replace Blume. Ratliff will be a junior and Welch will be a sophomore. Ratliff has said to be the best passing QB to come through JC ever and with the return of JC's leading receiver Tommy Taylor and both TE's in Michael Tackett and Cody Conley all of which who will be seniors, this could be something special.

Things looking good for down in Johnson County. :Cheerlead
Belfry only loses Maynard from arguably the top backfield in the mountains this season.
i know people get tired of me ranting About sc but it is my team and the one i know the most about
so i will have to say sc backfield has a great upside for the next 2 seasons their starting tailback and qb are both sophmores and their fullback is a freshman and are still 2 in the district so watch out they will be special
I was the greatest Wrote:i know people get tired of me ranting About sc but it is my team and the one i know the most about
so i will have to say sc backfield has a great upside for the next 2 seasons their starting tailback and qb are both sophmores and their fullback is a freshman and are still 2 in the district so watch out they will be special

Sheldon Clark is probably the most improved team in the mountains.
But we keep Dustin may and Corey chapman Smile
And gain possibly Corey Coleman
christv Wrote:Sheldon Clark is probably the most improved team in the mountains.

I agree with this..
pburg.. blake meade.seth setser,lincoln slone, allan craynon