Poll: Who wins the 58th?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg Blackcats
40.00%
Betsy Layne Bobcats
48.00%
South Floyd Raiders
12.00%
Allen Central Rebels
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the 58th District?
Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne are the clear favorites. What are everyone's opinions?
Prestonsburg...Id like to see BL win tho!
Pburg or BL. but probably Pburg
I'll take Prestonsburg as well. They are undefeated against the district so far, not to say that this won't change. They have the best guard play in the district with Jody Tackett, Michael Burchett, and Alex Stumbo. I also like their inside play with Steven Patrick and Austin Gearheart (when he comes back from the ankle injury).

Good luck to all 58th district teams!
I also think Pburg will win it all. There guard play is tops in the district.
I think that BL will win the district this year. They have some good players and Coach Newsome will have them focused at tourney time.
wildcatfan01 Wrote:I think that BL will win the district this year. They have some good players and Coach Newsome will have them focused at tourney time.

You may be right.
Betsy Layne takes the 58th this season.
Prestonsburg at this point is the front-runner, but they have yet to play a district game away.

The next few weeks will should be able to tell the rest of the story once Pburg hits the road in the 58th.
I think Pburg will win.. but if Pburg and Betsy Layne meet up in the finals (which if they dont, then something went terribly wrong), but that game should be a battle.
betsy layne
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Prestonsburg at this point is the front-runner, but they have yet to play a district game away.

The next few weeks will should be able to tell the rest of the story once Pburg hits the road in the 58th.

Very true. It's too early to tell who is the better team yet between Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne. Even though Prestonsburg beat the Bobcats by 17 earlier in the year, Betsy Layne still has a similar record to Prestonsburg against 15th region teams. The Bobcats are 7-3 in the region and the Blackcats are 8-4.

February 6th when Pburg travels to Betsy Layne, will give us a clearer idea of who the better team is. I'm not so sure right now.
I belive BL will put on a show in front of their hometown crowd and win it.
I think that Bl will beat P-burg in a close game to claim the district championship.

You have just been hit by the Hard Hitter52!!!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Very true. It's too early to tell who is the better team yet between Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne. Even though Prestonsburg beat the Bobcats by 17 earlier in the year, Betsy Layne still has a similar record to Prestonsburg against 15th region teams. The Bobcats are 7-3 in the region and the Blackcats are 8-4.

February 6th when Pburg travels to Betsy Layne, will give us a clearer idea of who the better team is. I'm not so sure right now.

The Bobcats are 10-5 in the region.
I'd like to see SF win it..............But I'm gonna go with P-burg to win it...
the real player44 Wrote:The Bobcats are 10-5 in the region.

KHSAA has them at 7-3.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:KHSAA has them at 7-3.

my bad. i was referring to the season.
the real player44 Wrote:my bad. i was referring to the season.

Oh that's quite alright. They are 10-5 on the season.

The Blackcats are 10-8.