Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win 14th Region this year
Thoughts?
I really can't make a prediction right now. The top 3 teams being Hazard, KCC, and PCC all have a legitimate shot at winning. These 3 teams are all equally talented, have smart guard play, and size and athleticism in the post.

It would be so hard to make a prediction right now. I'll make one in the next couple of weeks.
Whoever is playing best when the post season comes around.
No way you can tell right now
I just hope whoever wins does good in state and shows that we are not a pushover.
The team that wants it the most will be the winners of the 14th.
its going to come down to match-ups. who plays who in the finals. should be between perry, hazard, and knott.
Too close to call. It will come down to who wants it more.
boogieman Wrote:The team that wants it the most will be the winners of the 14th.

What if Powell Co wanted it the most?
Aslan Wrote:What if Powell Co wanted it the most?

Well i say in this case its not going to be Powell Co.,They are like few other teams and have a very little shot at playing in Big Show at Rupp,Hazard is only team that will have a chance to win a game or two in State so my pick is Hazard Bulldogs.....
im going to go with hazard as well, with perry central as the runner up
hazard
Kcc
I'm gonna have to go with KCC
It all depends on how the 54th draw comes out. If Hazard and Perry draw head up, this would give the advantage to Knott because they wouldn't have to beat both of them to get to rupp. If they don't and both make the region, will all depend on how they draw it up. I think Knott can beat one of them, but on two consecutive nights I don't see Knott beating Hazard then Perry. So I am still going with Hazard to come out of this region for now. They are still putting it all together and still have the best coach in the mountains. Good luck to all 3 teams though. Should be fun to watch, too bad it's going to all take place way up in Powell county.
LCC...They havnt reached the peak of their game yet, but i look 4 them to bring home their 1st title.
Smoke 20 Wrote:LCC...They havnt reached the peak of their game yet, but i look 4 them to bring home their 1st title.

I don't think they can do it...they may play close to those Perry, Knott, and Hazard in the region if they make it but i dont think they can win region
Being a 15th region follower over the years, I haven't payed much attention to 14th region until this season. I have attended some great 14th region games this season, such as the first Hazard-KCC game and the first PCC-KCC game. I plan on attending the 14th region tournament.

Where will it be played?
Perry County Central!!!:letsparty
Thanks Dore20. Do you know the dates yet?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Thanks Dore20. Do you know the dates yet?

Idk where it is thats just my pick to win lol
Region is at Powell
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Being a 15th region follower over the years, I haven't payed much attention to 14th region until this season. I have attended some great 14th region games this season, such as the first Hazard-KCC game and the first PCC-KCC game. I plan on attending the 14th region tournament.

Where will it be played?

Unfortunately, Powell Co.
king360 Wrote:Region is at Powell

Oh alright. I misunderstood Dore20. Thanks King360!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Oh alright. I misunderstood Dore20. Thanks King360!

You're Welcome
Aslan Wrote:Unfortunately, Powell Co.

What's wrong with the region being held at Powell County? If it's the distance you are concerned about, what's the difference when it's played at Letcher Central or Knott Central? When it's in Whitesburg or Hindman everybody north of the Perry County line has to drive a LONG way to get there. That means that their teams are on the bus for a long time too. It's only fair that the 56th district gets an opportunity every once in a while (every seven years) to host the tournament----and let the 14th region southern district fans hit the highway for their turn to drive a LONG way.

In addition, Powell County's gym seats 3500, which is much more than what Hazard Memorial can seat or Letcher Central's new gym. The only gyms that are bigger are Knott Central's, Perry Central's, and Breathitt County (just barely in their case).

Powell County has great parking, and there is never an issue exiting the parking lots because they have three outlets. That cannot be said at any of the other sites except Perry Central.

Just my take on this subject.
i think lee co can make a run for it if they get their heads together...and its good that the region is at powell co for a change bc of the driving issue..i have a good feeling estill and lee will both be in the regional tourney and its good for them to not have to take a 2 hour drive
theflash Wrote:i think lee co can make a run for it if they get their heads together...and its good that the region is at powell co for a change bc of the driving issue..i have a good feeling estill and lee will both be in the regional tourney and its good for them to not have to take a 2 hour drive

Lee Co. is kind of a long shot to win the 14th region.
theflash Wrote:i think lee co can make a run for it if they get their heads together...and its good that the region is at powell co for a change bc of the driving issue..i have a good feeling estill and lee will both be in the regional tourney and its good for them to not have to take a 2 hour drive

....Lee has no shot....
whichever team has the best night(s) will win.