Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan County 73 Ashland 60
Anxious to find out when the makeup date is for the Rowan Co.--Lex. Cath game. Should be a good one.
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:We are 16 wins and 0 lossess, so I would think the program is doing pretty good right now. I dont expect us to go undefeated but who knows we might. I just want you to anwer me what makes Ashland Coaches superior in their abilities as compared to Rowan's Coaches. Bradley is a good coach not taking nothing away from him or any other coach that Ashland has, just wanting your insight on this topic.

I could be wrong (because I don't have the patience to reread the 80-plus comments in this thread), but I don't think anyone has said that Bradley (or any other Ashland coach) is "superior" to Rowan coaches. I think that Tackett is an excellent coach, just as I think that Bradley is an excellent coach. Why must one be necessarily better than the other? I'm sure that both would admit that they have their own strengths and weaknesses (as do all coaches). Can't we compliment both Bradley and Tackett and leave it at that?

On a personal note, I have seen how Bradley deals with his present players and I have spoken to some of his past players (boys and girls). Their biggest compliment about Bradley has very little to do with basketball. Almost without exception, they said Bradley cared about them as people and they knew he would do anything for them. The only possible criticism they might have is that Bradley is too nice of a guy at times. If this is the case, sounds like the kind of coach I would want my son or daughter playing for. (Oh, and by the way, so I don't ruffle the feathers of any other posters - I wouldn't mind is my son or daughter played for Tackett eitherBig Grin )
Luther Rackley Wrote:Anxious to find out when the makeup date is for the Rowan Co.--Lex. Cath game. Should be a good one.

Tonight! Friday February 6th at Rowan. Should be a tough game and a fun game to watch. Both teams have guards that will flat out get after you on defense.
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:Tonight! Friday February 6th at Rowan. Should be a tough game and a fun game to watch. Both teams have guards that will flat out get after you on defense.

Rowan does not play Lex Cath tonight (2/6), they play Lexington Christian. I heard that the Lex Cath coach sent out an email to KY coaches looking for another game to replace the Rowan game because Rowan didn't have any more open dates. This disappoints me as I would have liked to see the Rowan / Lex Cath matchup.
Skip Pass Wrote:Rowan does not play Lex Cath tonight (2/6), they play Lexington Christian. I heard that the Lex Cath coach sent out an email to KY coaches looking for another game to replace the Rowan game because Rowan didn't have any more open dates. This disappoints me as I would have liked to see the Rowan / Lex Cath matchup.

I was told that they were playing Catholic, either way it should be an interesting game. Thanks for being on top of the situation Skip Pass, sounds like you have the inside scoop with area coaches, if thats the case then please keep us informed of any more changes.
Yes, Rowan does play Lexington CHRISTAIN not Catholic tonight. Should be a great game!
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:I was told that they were playing Catholic, either way it should be an interesting game. Thanks for being on top of the situation Skip Pass, sounds like you have the inside scoop with area coaches, if thats the case then please keep us informed of any more changes.

It will be my pleasure!!!!:Thumbs:
Skip Pass Wrote:It will be my pleasure!!!!:Thumbs:
Skip Pass what day do the Districts begin in the 64th?