Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 63 - Phelps 60 (15th All-A championship)
Schs 63 Phelps 60
OMG YAYAYAY Cardinals!
Congrats Sheldon Clark ladies!!!
Congratulations girls and coaches. Awesome game! Make the 57th and the 15th proud next week!
Great win for the Lady Cards and coach Rice and Booth showed why she is the top player in the 15th region and the tournament was her coming out party o prove that. Way to go Lady Cards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blondedri :wenumber1
Congratulations to the Sheldon Clark Lady Cardinals! Hope they do well in Richmond!
Congrats to Coach Rice. He is a good guy..
Domination Go SC
Congratulations Lady Cards!!!! Great game - Carla Booth "AWESOME" - was it 36 points?
Big Congratulations to SCHS Lady Cards!!!

I was extremely disappointed in Phelps behavior during the awards ceremony. Some girls did not even go get their medals, and others dropped them on the floor. Sportsmanship... they sure didn't have much. Runner-up is nothing to be ashamed of.
Congratulations Lady Cards in a hard fought win it seems. Carla Booth, just wow, I knew you were good but geesh.

#1catfan Wrote:Big Congratulations to SCHS Lady Cards!!!

I was extremely disappointed in Phelps behavior during the awards ceremony. Some girls did not even go get their medals, and others dropped them on the floor. Sportsmanship... they sure didn't have much. Runner-up is nothing to be ashamed of.

Nope, it sure isn't when your a single A school playing a TRIPLE A school.....
(and I did go check to be sure... KHSAA does have SC listed as a 3A and Phelps as a 1A)

Keep your heads up Lady Hornets.... You played a good game!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
You need to know the way the qualify before you make a statement like that. You are thinking football qualifications on the classes. If you really want to look at it the only single A player on Phelps starting 5 is the Hall girl. Both teams played hard. Congrats SC.
phs1986 Wrote:Nope, it sure isn't when your a single A school playing a TRIPLE A school.....
(and I did go check to be sure... KHSAA does have SC listed as a 3A and Phelps as a 1A)

no affence but I think this post is kind of ridiculos. Its 5 V 5 so whats the diffrence. Phelps has 3 new transfers added to their line up while Sheldon CLark has 0 that im aware of. Phelps blew a 15 point lead and have no one to blame but themselves. I was really impressed with Phelps the first half but they did not look the same late in the game. What killed them was once Pruitt got that 4th foul and allowed SC to make a big run late in the 3rd. Great game to watch. Booth looked very good, up untill Ratliff got hurt that is probley the best game I HAVE EVER SEEN HER PLAY. Good luck to SC at State. And good luck to Phelps on the rest of the season.

I would like to give KUDOS to Pruitt on keeping her composure in this game, first game I have seen her play since last season and she has completley changed, nice to see that. Offically one of my fav. players to watch in the 15th.
Congratulations to the girls and Coach Rice. Great great job. This group of girls are really gonna be sumthin to deal with the next 2-3 years.
Good luck.
I don't understand, because if they are looking at the 10-12 students of a school, 3A/2A schools are STILL going to have a greater amount of students compared to true single A schools such as phelps. This is truely disappointing for us smaller schools. But we keep fighting!

Congrats SC.

And Lady Hornets, you guys played an amazing game, just feel short at the end!
Keep your heads up!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:no affence but I think this post is kind of ridiculos. Its 5 V 5 so whats the diffrence. Phelps has 3 new transfers added to their line up while Sheldon CLark has 0 that im aware of. Phelps blew a 15 point lead and have no one to blame but themselves. I was really impressed with Phelps the first half but they did not look the same late in the game. What killed them was once Pruitt got that 4th foul and allowed SC to make a big run late in the 3rd. Great game to watch. Booth looked very good, up untill Ratliff got hurt that is probley the best game I HAVE EVER SEEN HER PLAY. Good luck to SC at State. And good luck to Phelps on the rest of the season.

I would like to give KUDOS to Pruitt on keeping her composure in this game, first game I have seen her play since last season and she has completley changed, nice to see that. Offically one of my fav. players to watch in the 15th.

As far as it being ridiculous, take it up with KHSAA..... THEY are the ones who post the classifications on the website.... As far as the new "transfers" go, 2 of them were at Phelps LAST YEAR and the other transferred this year. That has nothing to do with them being Lady Hornets NOW or with the outcome of this game. Yes, Phelps played some outstanding ball the first half. But, I will keep quite a few choice comments to myself as I have edited and deleted posts that I wish I could post on here now. Kay Kay had a great game and IMHO, the ref's pulled another one of those let them keep playing while you have an injured player on the court. She was hurt....plain and simple. Rissa held her composure very well tonight.... She is a joy to watch and has excelled this year. I'm sorry but I will post more later on as the more I post right now, the more I want to say..... Confusedhh:

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I know Phelps fans are feeling a little tender right now. But keep your heads up. You played good. No reason to go bashing the Lady Cards over a hard fought win that they deserved. Don't go trying to bring up classes like 2A and 3A and such. SC has 14 freshman. They're just plain out good and they have the heart. What a come back by SC. Awesome game to watch! Carla Booth. All I have to say is simply WOW. She delivers night in and night out. I believe she's the top player in the 15th region. How many 30 point and 20 point games has she had this season? .. Both teams played tremendous btw!!

Good luck in Richmond Lady Cards!
phs1986 Wrote:As far as it being ridiculous, take it up with KHSAA..... THEY are the ones who post the classifications on the website.... As far as the new "transfers" go, 2 of them were at Phelps LAST YEAR and the other transferred this year. That has nothing to do with them being Lady Hornets NOW or with the outcome of this game. Yes, Phelps played some outstanding ball the first half. But, I will keep quite a few choice comments to myself as I have edited and deleted posts that I wish I could post on here now. Kay Kay had a great game and IMHO, the ref's pulled another one of those let them keep playing while you have an injured player on the court. She was hurt....plain and simple. Rissa held her composure very well tonight.... She is a joy to watch and has excelled this year. I'm sorry but I will post more later on as the more I post right now, the more I want to say..... Confusedhh:

I just cant stand it when people argue this same thing season in and season out. When there was a 4A system SC was middle of the pack in 2 A just so happened they bumped to 3 A when the classes changed FYI. So the classes systems are misleading.

Just my words here to your Pady Hornets, girls just keep on doing what your doing. You have a very talented team and impressed me tonight for it was my first time watching you all play this season. To Pruitt keep working hard and keep composed as you did tonight you played phenominal. Kay Kay it was a pleasure to watch you play again even if you wasnt in the Blue and Orange. Best Ive seen you shot since the state tournament. Riley very nice presence down low, played very strong at the rim tonight. Witt keep your compsure late in the game, very nice ball handeling and presense to know when to drive and to pull up. Can't go to the line though worrying about that free throw. Great job to all of you. I know what I say probley means nothing to you. But from a Central fan I will be rooting for you all any other time.
C'mon people. Let's just congratulate the Lady Cardinals on a great game and great tournament.

Good luck Lady Cards!
Well last time i checked there was no classes in basketball and i don't know how many times it has been said the KHSAA has nothing to do with the All A.
But Congrats Lady Cards and good luck at state Make us all proud.
cards_athlete Wrote:I know Phelps fans are feeling a little tender right now. But keep your heads up. You played good. No reason to go bashing the Lady Cards over a hard fought win that they deserved. Don't go trying to bring up classes like 2A and 3A and such. SC has 14 freshman. They're just plain out good and they have the heart. What a come back by SC. Awesome game to watch! Carla Booth. All I have to say is simply WOW. She delivers night in and night out. I believe she's the top player in the 15th region. How many 30 point and 20 point games has she had this season? .. Both teams played tremendous btw!!

One big thing is that the All "A" is not a KHSAA sanctioned event. So therefore they get the enrollment a different way.
The crazy thing is they are actually 2A schools bigger than Sheldon Clark, but the KHSAA classifications just counts male studendts since it only applies to football. SC has more male students than female, so they kind of get the shaft from that side.
But honestly Phelps should have won this game but they played a pretty bad second half.
The the thing that impressed me the most about Marissa was the fact that she played the whole fourth quarter without getting that fifth foul. That was smart of her because she knew she had to be on the floor.
I think a big mistake Phelps made was going away fromt he zone and into man. They didn't have anybody who could guard Booth, and it caused serious foul trouble.
I'm not blaming the loss on the coach or anything like that, but I did think going into the man defense and even the Box and Chaser killed them.
Booth is a great player.
phs1986 Wrote:Nope, it sure isn't when your a single A school playing a TRIPLE A school.....

I bet it really didn't matter when Phelps had a big lead did it. The Booth girl was just to much. Sad
congrats sc..good luck at state
cards_athlete Wrote:I know Phelps fans are feeling a little tender right now. But keep your heads up. You played good. No reason to go bashing the Lady Cards over a hard fought win that they deserved. Don't go trying to bring up classes like 2A and 3A and such. SC has 14 freshman. They're just plain out good and they have the heart. What a come back by SC. Awesome game to watch! Carla Booth. All I have to say is simply WOW. She delivers night in and night out. I believe she's the top player in the 15th region. How many 30 point and 20 point games has she had this season? .. Both teams played tremendous btw!!

SC has a bunch of 8th graders. I think they start 2 8th graders on their varsity. The 8th grade group they had in the middle school conference beat us out in the Middle School Tournament. They have a great group of young kids
coming up. Their future looks bright. Magoffin has a good group of 8th graders
coming up as well.
Just A Fan 1 Wrote:SC has a bunch of 8th graders. I think they start 2 8th graders on their varsity. The 8th grade group they had in the middle school conference beat us out in the Middle School Tournament. They have a great group of young kids
coming up. Their future looks bright. Magoffin has a good group of 8th graders
coming up as well.
Yea I know about the 8th graders. Everyone just considers them freshman because of the frosh team.
They really are a great bunch of youngsters.
I cant wait to see how good they get by the time they're seniors.
Candice Porter and Katelyn Newsome are the 2 8th graders that start.
I am very much looking forward to seeing what Carla Booth can do as a senior. A LOT of young talent in the 15th this year.

donathanhurley Wrote:I don't understand, because if they are looking at the 10-12 students of a school, 3A/2A schools are STILL going to have a greater amount of students compared to true single A schools such as phelps. This is truely disappointing for us smaller schools. But we keep fighting!

Congrats SC.

And Lady Hornets, you guys played an amazing game, just feel short at the end!
Keep your heads up!

They go by number of males enrolled in you school for football it has nothing to do with total enrollment of your school.
So who will the Lady Cards play on Wednesday?
Sheldon Clark You are the Team!!! Congrats... WTG... I was so impressed, and very proud....

I hope you win in all...