C Team

Pikeville 55
Dorton 6

Zack Tackett 2 points
Cameron Jarrell 2 points
Cameron Bartley 2 points
Surprising C-team score.

What Happened???
Bengal4Life Wrote:Surprising C-team score.

What Happened???

Not really surprising. I believe our C team has only won 1 game this season. Not that the outcome would have been any different, but two of the starters who played in the first game didn't play tonight.
Congrats Pikeville
Isn't Dortons C team fairly young as compared to the other teams they play? I know the A team are mostly 7th graders.
trufan Wrote:Isn't Dortons C team fairly young as compared to the other teams they play? I know the A team are mostly 7th graders.

The C team consists of 3 6th graders, and the rest 4th and 5th graders.

The A team starts 3 7th graders and 2 8th graders. We play 3 7th graders and 2 8th graders off the bench out of the top 10. Next season should be a pretty good one for us if the boys work hard this summer.
Dorton, you boys have worked really hard this year!!! I would like to see Dorton and Virgie come together to form an AAU team!! I think that if the coaches maybe worked together to get this going it would also take some of the friction away and help these kids to see that they are all going to be playing together when they get to Valley... I know that the Virgie coach puts much work into the team he already has and I think they will be even stronger and better this summer than they were last year. What are some other opinions on this????? The boys on Doe Doe's team are a close group of kids and have much fun in the summer!!!!! Thoughts ??? Please!!!!
I watch you! Wrote:Dorton, you boys have worked really hard this year!!! I would like to see Dorton and Virgie come together to form an AAU team!! I think that if the coaches maybe worked together to get this going it would also take some of the friction away and help these kids to see that they are all going to be playing together when they get to Valley... I know that the Virgie coach puts much work into the team he already has and I think they will be even stronger and better this summer than they were last year. What are some other opinions on this????? The boys on Doe Doe's team are a close group of kids and have much fun in the summer!!!!! Thoughts ??? Please!!!!

I would love to see both of these groups come together. I think Doe and myself could make that happen. As far as any friction, that only exists between the parents--the coaches and players get along great. I probably talk on the phone to Doe 4-5 times per week. Actually, most of the parents get along good, except for a select few from each side. Me and Doe have talked about combining on an AAU team, but for some reason neither of us have taken the initiative to do so. I think the 7th grade group of boys combined has the potential to be a very good Valley team in the future.
I agree with Randy. Our kids get along pretty good and the coaches get along great. SV has a bright future with these two groups of kids.
Most players from Dorton and Virgie get along great, they are very competitive against each other but after the game is over they are still friends and this closeness shows up once they get to high school, which is evident from what SV has done, not just this year but all the years they have been a school.
#10 for Pikeville is Turner Altman.
I'm pretty sure. =)
Tatertot Wrote:#10 for Pikeville is Turner Altman.
I'm pretty sure. =)

I just wasn't thinking, because I know who Turner is. I used to teach with his grandfather.
dorton big kid is over rated he not that good just big dorton has no one that can run the point
:confused:
svfan#2 Wrote:dorton big kid is over rated he not that good just big dorton has no one that can run the point

lol how is he overrated? show me where he is even rated at? quit bashing middle school players.
svfan#2 Wrote:dorton big kid is over rated he not that good just big dorton has no one that can run the point

Have you even watched Dorton play this year?? I think hes a pretty good player and in the next few years if Randy and his brother keep working with him he'll be a force to be reckoned with.
Sounds like SV fan#2 is a middle school kid as well, who has a hard time writing a literate sentence.

He has made a derogatory statement against two Dorton players (the Center and the point guard of Dorton); I'm guessing, he's a kid from Virgie Middle School.

I would love to see that 7th grade group get together and play this spring/summer. It would be great for SV down the road.
I do not think he is from VMS because he said we had kids that were 2 year holdbacks, which we do not....yet. I say you are right though about this kid being young. The bottom line is Virgie/Dorton are the future of SV and the future looks bright. Randy and I are setting things up so we can play games together this spring/summer. Looking forard to the upcoming years because if the kids continue to work they will be tough to handle.
Kudos to Randy and yourself!

There is a great deal of talent at these two schools.
Hondo Wrote:Kudos to Randy and yourself!

There is a great deal of talent at these two schools.

I agree there are a great deal of talent at these schools. Randy Davis and Doe Doe Rowe are very good coaches, I played for both of them years ago. Both of them are good people and good to the kids that play for them.