Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama being associated with Presidents, I would not want to be
Just saying, if I was him, I'd want the comparisons to stop. Of course some of his actions are his own, same bible to be sworn in on. Same train route to Washington as Lincoln. All the talk about "perfecting the union".

I would not want to be so closely regarded as either of these guys if I was about to be President. Im glad the SS is good at their job.
SS can only be good enough to protect so much.

With the way everyone and everything is struggling right now, I think people will give him a chance to prove himself before any chances are taken on his life.

However, if he doesn't turn it around fast, I agree that I'd be scared to leave the White House.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
It's all in Gods hands. Trust Him.
If I was going to compared to two previous presidents, Washington and Lincoln are pretty good company to be keeping.

If I was being compared to either Bush, then I would have a problem with it.

All kidding aside I hope that some day people are comparing this guy to Teddy Roosevelt. IMO the greatest president in American history. If that were to ever be the case then the state of the union will be much, much better than it is today.
FBALL Wrote:If I was being compared to either Bush, then I would have a problem with it.
Why? Bush was a good President!
RavenBoy Wrote:Why? Bush was a good President!
Tongueuke::dump:
RavenBoy Wrote:Why? Bush was a good President!
Putting all partisanship aside, are there REALLY people that believe this?
Not being a smart mouth, I just really wonder.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Putting all partisanship aside, are there REALLY people that believe this?

Yes. We haven't been attacked again since 9-11. That is the number 1 job of the President, in case you didn't know.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Putting all partisanship aside, are there REALLY people that believe this?

I can't say if he was a good president or not. But i do believe he was president through one of the toughest times in history.
Does anyone really think that George W. Bush is the sole reason we have not been the victim of another terrorist attack? Wasn't W. also the president when said attack occurred? I do believe he was.

Its not likely to happen again with that kind of scope now that we know. We were caught with are pants around our ankles once. I don't look for it to happen that way again under the watch of any president.
FBALL Wrote:Does anyone really think that George W. Bush is the sole reason we have not been the victim of another terrorist attack? Wasn't W. also the president when said attack occurred? I do believe he was.

Its not likely to happen again with that kind of scope now that we know. We were caught with are pants around our ankles once. I don't look for it to happen that way again under the watch of any president.

He was willing to do what ever it took to keep it from happening again and if you look at how many times we were attacked under Clinton, and how did he respond, an investigation each time. He also had chances to get Bin Laden and would not give the order. So even if you hate Bush, you should give him the credit he deserves for keeping us safe when all of the experts said we would be attacked again, sooner rather than later.
In my opinion Bush (the younger) is the most incompetent president we have had in my memory and I am old enough to have been retired for many years. I do not doubt his good intentions but I do not think he is or was intelligent enough to lead our country.
slugger35 Wrote:He was willing to do what ever it took to keep it from happening again and if you look at how many times we were attacked under Clinton, and how did he respond, an investigation each time. He also had chances to get Bin Laden and would not give the order. So even if you hate Bush, you should give him the credit he deserves for keeping us safe when all of the experts said we would be attacked again, sooner rather than later.

I don't hate Bush. I just think he is the worst president in the history of our country.

It is true that there were attacks while Clinton was president. None of the scope of the 9/11 attacks though. An attack that the Bush White House had the clues to that it was comming but chose to ignore.

Clinton did try to kill Bin Laden once but he was already gone the missle hit. What he did not do was use the tragedy of terrorism as a calling card to go back to war with Saddam Hussein under false pretences and damage the influence and alliances that the United States had with other countries from around the world.
pic and roll Wrote:In my opinion Bush (the younger) is the most incompetent president we have had in my memory and I am old enough to have been retired for many years. I do not doubt his good intentions but I do not think he is or was intelligent enough to lead our country.

That is the great thing about this country, you are free to have your opinion. I just happen to disagree with you. I believe he was one of our best presidents and I appreciate what he has done.
It's because he was republican. That is why a lot of people didn't like him. He wouldn't give in to all the liberal pansys out there.
Clinton backed off numerous times from bin Laden, not just missed 1 missle strike. Foreign countries even offered him up to us, and he said no.

Bush was President for 9-11. But only for about 8 months. Not nearly the time needed to revamop our intel agencies that had been reduced to half of what they used to be. Thats why the intel got by. Sure there were some agents who said hey we might have ann attack by airplane on the WTC. But how many other hundreds of threats to do they get everyday? They didnt have the numbers or resources at the time in the intel agencies to filter through all of it fast enough. So one agent wrote a letter, how many other agents wroter a letter warning of a different attack by a different person on a different target? hundreds a day.