Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County Loses 2 More Players
Jon Conley and Bill Rice both quit the Powell County Boys Basketball team this past weekend.
yeah its true powell just got a little bit younger, a little bit more inexperienced, and a lot weaker in the paint.
I guess we will really see what powells younger guys are made of
How many does this make now, 4 thats quit. Whats in the water over at Powell County?
wow look at what players powell has lost this year alone

Jon Conley- Sr.
David Crowe- Sr.
David Hawkins- Sr.
Billy Rice- Sr.
Ryan Frailey- So.
Jesse Rose- So.
that may not be all of them thats just the ones who I know
Sounds as if the kids at Powell have a hard time adjusting to a team concept and discipline.
Good luck to the boys that are sticking with the team. I can't believe parents let their kids quit and not finish what they started. If the want to leave the team, do it during the off season.

Parents need to teach their kids that things don't always go their way and they need to be mature enough to finish what they start. Quiting and running away is not the answer.

I have more respect for the kids that hang with the team than the ones running away.

Good luck to what few Pirates are left. Play hard and never quit!:rockon:
I Agree These Are Not The Star Players Come On Lets Go By Stats. By The Way All Powell Wants Are Good Hard Working Stick With What You Start Players. The Last Time I Checked One Star Player Doesnt Win For The Whole Team. It Takes Back Up Thats What The Big Guys Job Is. Quiting Is Not An Option. I Hope All The Rest Of Our Star Players Play Hard And Work Together This Will Turn Around Maybe Not This Year But The Next Two For Sure. Good Lck Pirates We Are With You No Matter What.
Ky313 Wrote:Jon Conley and Bill Rice both quit the Powell County Boys Basketball team this past weekend.

WELL ISNT THAT CONVIENANT FOR THEM. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE AMOUNT OF COWARDNESS WE HAVE HERE. WE MAY NOT HAVE A WINNING RECORD OR EVEN A GOOD ONE BUT IT IS OUR RECORD. OWN IT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT. NO MATTER WHAT THE SCORE BOARD SAYS AT THE END OF A GAME IF ALL THE PLAYERS PLAYED THEIR PERSONAL BEST THEN WE ARE ALL PROUD OF THEM NO MATTER WHAT. FOR THE PLAYERS STICKING IT OUT WE ARE PROUD OF YOU. KEEP YOUR HEADS UP. THIS TO WILL PASS YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT CAN HAPPEN. WALK ON THE COURT WITH A WINNING ATTITUDE AND SEE WHERE IT TAKES YOU. THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. SENOIRS HAVE NOTHNG TO LOSE IF THEY QUIT BECAUSE THEY WONT BE PLAYING NEXT YEAR. THEY SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THEY GET TO PLAY. I KNOW MANY BOYS SITTING ON THE BENCH HOPING TO GET INTO THE GAME LOSING OR NOT. WELL MAYBE THEY WILL NOW. MAYBE WE WILL WIN IF WE HAVE MORE HEART WALK ONTO THE COURT. GOOD LUCK PIRATES NEVER SAY QUIT.:Cheerlead
A true basketball player that loves the game of basketball, and would not quit half way though the season. Every team has it off season. You should be proud of you record, if you went into every game and gave your best effort. I'm very proud of the pirates that are sticking with what they started and are supporting their team{even if their having a bad season}. You all truly love the game of basketball! Never give up Pirates, you have people behind you her in POCO!
Just to clear this up, Billy Rice quit to get ready for college football. He has several offers and needed to get in the weight room. I heard Billy say he didnt want to quit anything but he would rather give his spot to a younger player to gain experience for the years to come. Billy is a great kid and I would like to wish him luck whereever he decides to play football.
I play with fire Wrote:Just to clear this up, Billy Rice quit to get ready for college football. He has several offers and needed to get in the weight room. I heard Billy say he didnt want to quit anything but he would rather give his spot to a younger player to gain experience for the years to come. Billy is a great kid and I would like to wish him luck whereever he decides to play football.

SO DID HE PLAN THIS A ALONG TO GET READY FOR FOOTBALL AND HEY WHAT COLLEGES ARE KNOCKING THAT WOULD BE GREAT.:Clap:
THEONLYONE Wrote:WELL ISNT THAT CONVIENANT FOR THEM. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE AMOUNT OF COWARDNESS WE HAVE HERE. WE MAY NOT HAVE A WINNING RECORD OR EVEN A GOOD ONE BUT IT IS OUR RECORD. OWN IT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT. NO MATTER WHAT THE SCORE BOARD SAYS AT THE END OF A GAME IF ALL THE PLAYERS PLAYED THEIR PERSONAL BEST THEN WE ARE ALL PROUD OF THEM NO MATTER WHAT. FOR THE PLAYERS STICKING IT OUT WE ARE PROUD OF YOU. KEEP YOUR HEADS UP. THIS TO WILL PASS YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT CAN HAPPEN. WALK ON THE COURT WITH A WINNING ATTITUDE AND SEE WHERE IT TAKES YOU. THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. SENOIRS HAVE NOTHNG TO LOSE IF THEY QUIT BECAUSE THEY WONT BE PLAYING NEXT YEAR. THEY SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THEY GET TO PLAY. I KNOW MANY BOYS SITTING ON THE BENCH HOPING TO GET INTO THE GAME LOSING OR NOT. WELL MAYBE THEY WILL NOW. MAYBE WE WILL WIN IF WE HAVE MORE HEART WALK ONTO THE COURT. GOOD LUCK PIRATES NEVER SAY QUIT.:Cheerlead

Speaking of a winning attitude its great to see just some of powells fans really feel about their players when they dont play as to when they are playing
THEONLYONE Wrote:SO DID HE PLAN THIS A ALONG TO GET READY FOR FOOTBALL AND HEY WHAT COLLEGES ARE KNOCKING THAT WOULD BE GREAT.:Clap:

Why dont you just give the kid a break. He quit whether you like it or not and there is nothing you can say or do to change it. So why dont you just quit pouting about it and wish the kid the best of luck with whatever he decides to do
NoTime2Waste Wrote:Why dont you just give the kid a break. He quit whether you like it or not and there is nothing you can say or do to change it. So why dont you just quit pouting about it and wish the kid the best of luck with whatever he decides to do

Well said
NoTime2Waste Wrote:Why dont you just give the kid a break. He quit whether you like it or not and there is nothing you can say or do to change it. So why dont you just quit pouting about it and wish the kid the best of luck with whatever he decides to do

Well if he was wanting to get ready for college football why did he even start the season, rather than wasting his time on the court when he could be in the gym pumping iron?

HEY YOU KNOW WHAT I COULD CARE LESS WHAT HE DOES BUT I DO WISH HIM THE BEST AND I NEVER POUT ABOUT PLAYERS THAT QUIT. I WOULD RATHER HAVE SOMEONE THERE WHO WANTS TO PLAY. WOULD NOT DREAM OF TRYING TO CHANGE HIS MIND AT ALL. SO GOODBYE AND BEST OF LUCK:letsparty
[quote=NoTime2Waste]Speaking of a winning attitude its great to see just some of powells fans really feel about their players when they dont play as to when they are playing[/QUOTE

THE TRUE FANS OF POWELLCOUNTY SUPPORT THE TEAM.(THE PLAYERS PLAYING AND TAKING THE HITS) I OTHERWISE HAVE NO FEELINGS FOR THOSE WHO CHOSE TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
NoTime2Waste Wrote:yeah its true powell just got a little bit younger, a little bit more inexperienced, and a lot weaker in the paint.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Wave:
I know this. Coming from an outsider. I have known coach Hall for many years. He is a great coach and person. He knows the game as good as anybody. Good Luck Coach. I really wish you and the pirates good luck the rest of the season. It shows me more heart and greater respect for the people when they are down to keep fighting. Rocky could have quit the first time he went down. Inside I think you get 5 more sequels.:1:
What this comes down to is the fact that these guys have no heart. The motto for this group of seniors is, when the going gets tough, QUIT. I have no respect for anyone who quits on their team, school and fans. As for Coach Hall, he is implementing discipline back into the basketball program at Powell. We all wonder why we haven't had the hard working players with a lot of heart and it is because they haven't had to work for anything. Their attitudes are horrible but yet they get away with it. Their work ethic is horrible, but they have always gotten away with it. Coach Hall is a believer in the fact that if you work hard you play, if you don't work hard, you sit. He also believes in discipline when players run their mouths, play dirty, and try to get away with nonsense on the court. Many people are wondering why certain players are not playing and that is why and I love that. That is the way it should be.
You guys are crazy. At the begining of the season I was one of them that said coach Hall deserved a chance. I haven't seen anything impressive from this guy and would have much rather had Kyle Lively anyday over him. The way i see it is that Brian Hall will be 1 year and done at Powell co. He isn't bringing what is needed to the court. When 6 players quit on one coach something is up. I personally will be happy to see coach Hall gone after this season. The guy isn't living up to Powell Co standards and we dont need him.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:You guys are crazy. At the begining of the season I was one of them that said coach Hall deserved a chance. I haven't seen anything impressive from this guy and would have much rather had Kyle Lively anyday over him. The way i see it is that Brian Hall will be 1 year and done at Powell co. He isn't bringing what is needed to the court. When 6 players quit on one coach something is up. I personally will be happy to see coach Hall gone after this season. The guy isn't living up to Powell Co standards and we dont need him.

Well said my friend!!!:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
bobcatfan22 Wrote:You guys are crazy. At the begining of the season I was one of them that said coach Hall deserved a chance. I haven't seen anything impressive from this guy and would have much rather had Kyle Lively anyday over him. The way i see it is that Brian Hall will be 1 year and done at Powell co. He isn't bringing what is needed to the court. When 6 players quit on one coach something is up. I personally will be happy to see coach Hall gone after this season. The guy isn't living up to Powell Co standards and we dont need him.

Hasn't he bounced around somewhat lately between 2 or 3 schools?
I think the Board of Education, should start looking for a new coach right now. Let coach hall finish up the season, then be gone with him, just cut your losses and realize nothing good is following this man.
powell co is better off without the players who dont wanna play..if you got a team that wants to work hard and get better then they will progress as time goes on

perfectly said i agree hes no good if lively or any other coach was here that knew what was going on and were they was at then all 6 would still be playin and COMPETING for a district championship and not being 1-15 right now so good job poco for getting a coach out of a cracker jack box TongueirateSho
THEONLYONE Wrote:SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Wave:

I saw the Knott co. game the other night and it seemed to me that Powell's interior was simply outworked and outplayed. Knott Co. had the better team from top to bottom. Maybe it will pay off down the road but as for right now those 4 seniors seem like they could make a big difference.

I agree 100% I give him 2 years at the most and then powell will be looking to find another coach